NEWS

[IC] Drowning in Shadows

• 61 Replies

AalithHUN

« Reply #45 on: <02-13-12/1623:22> »
The dwarf has a though handshake, and he looks straight into the Gentleman's eyes. Those are telling him, that this Franks is either a straight shooter or a very good actor.
He then accompanies Mike and let's him go free.
"Just don't forget to be there! If the drek hits the fan, call me on that number - but don't expect me to get you out from a cell again! Oh, and if a raging addict asks you at gunpoint to step out from an elevator, you better do it. Next time you may not be so lucky and it's just not worth it, if you know what I mean!"

Netzgeist

• Ace Runner
  • Serpens, nisi serpentem comederit, non fit draco
« Reply #46 on: <02-13-12/2057:29> »
The Gentleman shoots a smile back. One that clearly has a message of "I can take care of myself, and will take this as a joke, buddy" written all over it.
Then he heads back to the hospital, since he still has to take his antibiotics...
After everything is sorted out, the Gentleman heads straight home, where he will clean and verify all his weapons again. As things are building themselves up, they will clearly be put to use in a very close future.

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #47 on: <02-14-12/0214:51> »

"Don't worry, it's nothing like that. In fact, it's just an opportunity, not even a real job. I'm just the middle man, looking for talent, and that you got, I can vouch for that. You may prove as useful to me as I will to you - you just have to be  here Wednesday morning eight am. sharp. Normally, I would charge an intermediary fee for this, but I'll let it go if you do me a little favor. I have an associate whom I would like to push a little - she's not so good with people and I think she could learn a thing or two from you. She's good with drones...among other things, and she's certainly not a burden, if you get what I mean, so I would appreciate if you could take her under your angel-like wings." - he smiles at you with 32 teeth, clearly wanting to flatter you.

She rolled her eyes behind the goggles she wore.  But at least that didn't seem so difficult.  There would be a catch of course, there always was one, but for now she could agree.  The only problem would be to get out of bed in time to be here on time, but that was a small sacrifice to make.
"That's acceptable," she said.

"Awesome! Thank you! In the meantime, I'll devote some time to the search, but I'll hold onto it until you've paid me my ten K.. Now I'm afraid our time is up, I have to be somewhere else in ten. It was a pleasure meeting you, my dear, and don't forget to mention that I've sent you. Oh and the codeword is "CROWFEAST". You have my number if you need anything, I'll even throw in a "star" discount, just for you! Byebye!" - and with this, he gently pushes you from the van and takes off with haste.

'Crowfeast,' she muttered when he had gone.  Well, at least it wasn't swordfish.  She went back home to see if her brother had already done the studying he had promised he would do.  Probably not, she assumed, but then again she had never been the most studious of people either.  Only he wouldn't get the break she had gotten, so he needed something else to fall back on.
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

Netzgeist

• Ace Runner
« Reply #48 on: <02-14-12/0718:52> »
Arriving back home, the Gentleman took a glass of water and swallowed the pills he had to, marking in the clock of his 'link what time he did it and marking an alarm to remind him when the time of the next dose comes. Then he programmed his CHN to shoot some good music while he made his preparations.

Sitting on his bed, the Gentleman took "the girls" (as he calls his trusty firearms) and put them besides him, taking one at a time for a complete revision.

He took Marcelle and felt her weight again. There has been some time since they went on for a walk or to work on some subject together, he could feel the jealousy that this special and silent girl was feeling. He attached the silencer on it just to see if the attachement system got any dents, and perceive everything was still perfect. He changed hands, tested her grip with both the left and right one, and then loaded it with a clip of the "killing ones". It felt right, and a mental command made the smartlink system eject the clip. He tried on it a clip of the "pacifier ones". It was also right. He didn't know exactly how everything was going to be this time, so he verified how many clips he had and how much ammo he could still use. For Marcelle, he prepared two clips of the pacifier ones and one of the killing ones. He counted the spare bullets, and decided he still got plenty (20 of the stick-and-shock ammunition and 25 of the ex-explosive ones).

When he let Marcelle rest, he took Asuka. His japanese girl was a real lady: not so discrete as the french girl, but still not as prone to make a show of herself without a need. He opened the muzzle-loader, and after cleaning it (without a need, as the weapon was already pristine clean), he took four of the killing bullets in it. The japanese didn't like taking target's alive; she was real killer, precise and lethal. He aimed at different points of the appartment with her, seeing how fast his reflexes still were. And felt satisfied. They still made a good dance pair. He left her in his lap for a little while, during which he took another twenty bullets and also put them in the muzzle. He was almost out of bullets, but she wasn't yet filled out. Then he returned her to her seat, after thanking her for the short dance.

Myoshi was the next. He took her from the holster, where she spend most of her time. That little one has no problem with cops, even though today they let them apart for so long. He had no need to test anything on the taser, so mostly he just thanked her for the help today, and filled it's clip with another dart to replace the one that was shot. And filled two additional clips, just in case.

Lastly, he called in Audrey. Audrey was... different. A simple yet elegant and refined girl when she prepared herself, he felt gladly her weight against his wrist; he knew she enjoyed being put to use, but was an exigent one: only for the special occasions. Would this be one? Well, he could know yet, but it was nice to think about; a new chance to take her for a date. It could be just imagination, but the Gentleman was feeling a smell of ozone coming out of Audrey, a sign of antecipation, and omen of excitement. It was enough, he knew he was really in love with this girl, and that it's difficult to really diferentiate the times in which she was his best bet or was just what he wanted to use. He walked along the apartment with Audrey in the holster, practising some dance-maneuvers: quick-draw, rapid change of targets, hand-swapping, etc. When he felt satisfied and the music was not the proper one for a lady like her anymore, he sit back on his bed and loaded two additional clips with pacifiers bullets and three other with killing ones. She was already loaded up with one with SnS rounds. Then he put his last girl back on her resting place.

"Guess that's it for today, girls. But on wednesday, we take a little walk."

Then he verified his grenades again; those were just tools, so he needed not care that much on how to approach them; he re-organized them (not that they weren't organized yet, but it was really useful to take the one you really wanted when needed; nothing worse than tossing a flash-bang when you think it's a smoke grenade), and thought if they would be really necessary... It was more difficult to conceal grenades, and Knight Errand was really being a pain to avoid - today was a remarkable example.

After a little rest, he checked the adress which was left on his commlink, and checked in the Seattle mapsoft he had where exactly it was. Then he stretched back on bed, resting a little. He would go out for a beer today, but he was in his last day of antibiotics; better to postpone it to after the favor, or job, or whatever will be expecting him on Wednesday, 8 o' clock.
« Last Edit: <02-14-12/0927:39> by Netzgeist »

AalithHUN

« Reply #49 on: <02-15-12/0908:26> »
Sharp:

The Monday morning finds her tinkering, as always, but this time it's not the good kind of experimenting with machines or living things, it's the bad kind of repairing what was in good shape before. It's annoying (she observed that all things break or malfunction over time) because her body just repairs itself if something happens to it, and that is much more efficient than what others do - waiting or just failing completely.

Yesterday, that annoying AI, Robbert somehow managed to get into one of the security drones and started a commotion, shooting around aimlessly. She doesn't know if because of that or the other way around, but a couple of thugs tried to rob her house in the same night. They managed to get past security, but her biodrones alerted her and she managed to overcome them - she was hurt pretty badly, but she has never found anything until this point that could hurt her permanently. This couldn't be said about the thugs - half a ton of concrete and they suffer a fatal malfunction.

So her Monday went on with getting rid of the bodies, patching up the building and the Doberman. At night, her only contact with the outside world called, Watchmaker. His persona, a guy in a Big Ben costume, smiled broadly:

"Hi deary! Listen, I haven't got much time, but I have some fantastic news for you! Not only I've found you a perfect, once-in-a-lifetime opportunity, but I also coerced a famous actress to help you with your "people problem"! She's really great and agreed to let you accompany her - if you watch how she talks to people and how she wraps them around' I bet you can learn a trick or two! And while on this, you can let loose those little friends of yours, maybe even get some new ones from the money you get. Your first job won't gonna be a get rich scheme, especially when we deduct my twenty percent cut from it, but if you do good, you can make it into Gordon Samson's team. He's a big player, and don't tell anyone I've told you this, but he suffered some losses and is looking for a few talented individuals to replace one of his Seattle teams. That's right, teams, because he's that big of a player, he can afford to keep up and manage a whole bunch of shadowrunners to do as he bids! And I happen to know that he pays generously...if you don't disappoint him. So, do you want to go out there and make me proud, sweetie?"

[spoiler]Robbert managed to dent the house a little - it won't cost you money to repair, but the 30 rounds he shot is gone unfortunately. The thugs didn't have any valuable left after the concrete shower except a remington roomsweeper with 6 flechette ammo (2 was in or around you) - their leader dropped it before he was crushed.[/spoiler]

Kouryuu

• Prime Runner
  • The idea is to die young as late as possible -A.M.
« Reply #50 on: <02-16-12/0707:08> »
So her Monday went on with getting rid of the bodies, patching up the building and the Doberman. At night, her only contact with the outside world called, Watchmaker. His persona, a guy in a Big Ben costume, smiled broadly:

"Hi deary! Listen, I haven't got much time, but I have some fantastic news for you! Not only I've found you a perfect, once-in-a-lifetime opportunity, but I also coerced a famous actress to help you with your "people problem"! She's really great and agreed to let you accompany her - if you watch how she talks to people and how she wraps them around' I bet you can learn a trick or two! And while on this, you can let loose those little friends of yours, maybe even get some new ones from the money you get. Your first job won't gonna be a get rich scheme, especially when we deduct my twenty percent cut from it, but if you do good, you can make it into Gordon Samson's team. He's a big player, and don't tell anyone I've told you this, but he suffered some losses and is looking for a few talented individuals to replace one of his Seattle teams. That's right, teams, because he's that big of a player, he can afford to keep up and manage a whole bunch of shadowrunners to do as he bids! And I happen to know that he pays generously...if you don't disappoint him. So, do you want to go out there and make me proud, sweetie?"
"You know, if you had not helped me to get where i am now, I would most likely still be taking apart children toys with my bare hands. If you need my help or you think i should do it, i will trust you, but do i really have to work with others? You know how i get when i get in Public and this friend of yours who is supposed to help me, you sure i would need to follow her? you know i would not really want to, but you keep referring to it as a "People problem"
About this Gordon Samson's Team - Do i really have to? OK, coming back to my Problem i think. But, i am not even sure i can make it trough one of your so called runs, but you are putting me already in a team. "
Prepare for the worst, hope for the best and expect nothing!
Matrix;speaking;thinking;ExternalSourcesLink
RainDragonBar

AalithHUN

« Reply #51 on: <02-16-12/1507:53> »
"Oh, sweetie, you know I would like nothing less than just ease you into these situations, but a man must work to provide, so I don't have that much free time on me. Besides, this is how things work in our world - you know, actually the shadow business is a lot like what is going out there in Mother Nature. Kill or be killed, the stronger must survive, dive or die..This is how mama birds teach the little ones to fly too! So I say, jump out from the nest, keep your eyes open and your mouth shut when it's possible, and you get the hang of it no time! What do you have to loose? But it's your choice, they are expecting you at the corner of Rockefeller Ave and 21st, July 10 8 a.m. sharp! Ha, did you get that? Say the word "CROWFEAST" and you are on your way! And don't forget to meet with the actress! I think she goes by the name Sammy nowdays. Now I have to go, good luck!"

Kouryuu

• Prime Runner
« Reply #52 on: <02-16-12/1536:10> »
"Oh, sweetie, you know I would like nothing less than just ease you into these situations, but a man must work to provide, so I don't have that much free time on me. Besides, this is how things work in our world - you know, actually the shadow business is a lot like what is going out there in Mother Nature. Kill or be killed, the stronger must survive, dive or die..This is how mama birds teach the little ones to fly too! So I say, jump out from the nest, keep your eyes open and your mouth shut when it's possible, and you get the hang of it no time! What do you have to loose? But it's your choice, they are expecting you at the corner of Rockefeller Ave and 21st, July 10 8 a.m. sharp! Ha, did you get that? Say the word "CROWFEAST" and you are on your way! And don't forget to meet with the actress! I think she goes by the name Sammy nowdays. Now I have to go, good luck!"
"Where do i meet this Sammy character?And good luck, come visit again some time, and bring something to sooth the AI he went breaker today again." there was no answer. Typical Watchmaker, rushing toward the next thing on his list with no consideration on what is left undone here. Sharp laughed at that, he was the only one who had made time for her, you could say nursed her in the human  and technological world. Many times she had been wondering why did he make so much time to help her.

Looking back at the Day Sharp could not wonder how the hell the AI had got into the drone, it's wireless reliever was and he worked on voice commands only. Did the AI imitate Sharps voice and gave the drone a command to change wireless settings? There where no speakers around the place where the drone was patrolling.

Meeting new people has always been hard for sharp, so she felt agitated, and the only thing she knew what would calm her was to take a few circles over the Lake.

While circling she notices a couple of hermits on the small island and lands to watch them. The elderly man is teaching an apprentice as it seems, at least that is what sharp sees, it reminds her how Watchmaker used to help her out with the first few repairs, how he thought her to use instruments instead of her hands, and how shocked he was to see her gift - magic he called it. that was a fun time, she recalled. Then she went back to watching the couple on the island. they were Magic users, she was not really sure if they had the gift she had or there would be many different gifts that are called magic but it kept her interested.
"No, you can not learn this spell yet. You do not have a Lodge, without one you will have it very hard to learn it if not impossible!"
That reminded Sharp that Watchmaker had surprised her with some books and a whole bag of other things, he had said that it's for her Lodge, but the concept of Lodges was not one she could grasp, so she kept listening. the youngster was real pain in the Cloaca. he pressed the old man to teach him the spell that would help him to protect himself, it was sure that he had been beaten, it was visible, but the old main constantly said no, but in the end gave in. They spent the whole evening making the lodge in a small hut on the island.
For Sharp it was double so interesting, she could learn about magic and about social things. she even noticed how they started to learn a gift the bugs they tested it on were not moving any more after the boy spoke the words. interesting, Sharp thought that this kind of Gift would have come in handy when the bandits were trying to steal her tools. good that her rat had called her, just a bit sorry the it got hurt a bit by the Evil man who stepped on it's tail.
Sharp was confidant to learn this gift, she looked at it diligently and tried to see how the old man does it, she even transformed to a human for and tried to imitate it, when she had the first success she almost feel of the branch she was standing on, but she knew she could do it, she kept on practising until she too could stun the bugs on the tree she was standing.
Happy about what she had learned she returned to the Ranch, Robbert, the local AI had used her soy-dispenser to fill half of the Kitchen floor with the mash, but she was to tired to care, and tomorrow she would go on to the Run, God forbid she would not do good, would Watchmaker ever again speak to her?

« Last Edit: <02-17-12/1425:32> by Kouryuu »
RainDragonBar

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #53 on: <02-18-12/1246:52> »
After her meeting, Maria had gone back home.  Rodrigo wasn't there, but he had left a message that we was going out with some friends.  As they just had finished their last exam, she didn't mind that he blew off some steam.  She could use the time to finally see some trid she had downloaded a week ago.  She had just finished when she got a commcall.
"Miss De la Vega," she heard and the persona logo she saw was one of a Knight Errant officer, "I'm officer Brandon and I think I have your brother in custody."
"What has he done," Maria asked.
"Drunk and disorderly behaviour," the officer said, "we arrested him in a barfight."
"How long are you going to hold him," Maria asked.
"Normally until tomorrow morning when he's sober," the officer replied, "so we can take his statement."
"I'll be there around 10 to pick him up, is that ok," she asked.
"That would be fine, miss," officer Brandon replied.

The following day at 10 she was at the local Knight Errant office going through all the paperwork and given one or two extra autographs.  As it was just a drunken brawl without anybody wounded beyond some bruises and no damage to the bar except some broken glasses and bottles, he could go with only a reprimand and a 500 nuyen fine.  On the way back they rode the bus in silence, but as soon as they were home, she simply had to say something.
"Why did you have to fight," she asked.
"I don't know, sis," Rodrigo said, "we were just having a few and they started to insult us.  One thing led to another and before we knew it, blows were traded."
"You should know better," Maria replied, "well, I hope you like spending your first week of vacation indoors, because you will be."
"Aww, c'mon," he said.
"No, you should learn," Maria said, "and next time I leave you with Knight Errant for a couple of days."
"Why is this any different from what you do," he said, "you fight as well."
"I fight if I have to to feed and cloth you," Maria replied, "and nothing else.  You stay here for a week and that's the end of it and that means no VR bars either.  And now sush, I have work to do."

She spent the rest of the day trying to find information on this Watchmaker, but didn't found all that much.  Rodrigo spent most of his day in his room, probably playing games, she thought.  Well, let him for now.
The following day she left early.  Rodrigo was still in bed, but she had to leave early if she was to reach the agreed spot in time.
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett

AalithHUN

« Reply #54 on: <02-20-12/1119:34> »
Wednesday morning comes surprisingly soon. Everyone's headed to the corner of Rockefeller Ave and 21st. The area seems unnaturally quiet, the more perceptive characters can note the absence of patrols (both drones and cars) the lessened traffic and the movement on some of the roofs close to the corner. That's why the pair of jets swooping over the city scares you guys, but it's just the weather cleaning and it's been going on for days. After the change of pants, they are greeted immediately on arrival by two beautiful woman in front of a...not so attractive house. 

It looks like it was built before the last recess in the style of "classic-something". It's a three-story, inner courtyard "small family home" most likely inhabited by equal quantities of homeless and rats by the looks of it. On the outside.

Inside, it's a whole other story. The rusty outer door hides a second, much more durable one and both lead to a stairway and up to the second floor. On the left and right, there are guards standing, smiling politely, keeping watch on the corridors leading to the first floor's rooms. The stairway is marble, the lighting is warm and the walls and ceiling is richly decorated. It looks like an archway, leading to heaven, but the cameras and detectors are still visible for those who are searching for it. Obviously, they could have hidden it in the ornaments with little effort - the fact that they didn't is a message.

The stairs lead to a pretty big hall, with red carpet, soft chairs, pillows and sofas. Everything is red or pink or bourdon and the multiple doors, heavy curtains plus the layout strikes an image that this may be a very exclusive "disorderly house".

Anyone entering is asked to take down the shoes, and those who were unprofessional enough (very few) to bring more then the basic self-defense weapons is asked to hand them to the gentleman waiting there...

[spoiler]You should make your way here, you can meet with each other (of course you will meet with other strangers too) and we continue when everyone is "in".[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: <02-20-12/1155:53> by AalithHUN »

Netzgeist

• Ace Runner
« Reply #55 on: <02-20-12/1416:46> »
While walking towards the building entry, the Gentleman does not show the uneasiness he feels about this. That's not how a deal is made, and he still thinks this could all be just an ambush. In order to be prepared, while approaching, he turns on his Move-by-Wire system.

Last day, he tried making some questions about the address, but he could find no information whitout revealing his interest in it; and that was a bet he didn't want to make. So here he is, trying to be prepared for the unexpected, and hoping that the dwarf can be trusted. But trust is a rare thing this days, and to survive in the shadows, it's better to be safe than sorry...

The ork walks into the building, and appreciate the decoration. Not exactly his thing, but there's plenty of effort in building some ambience in here; an ambience which can appeal to some aesthetics while at the same time clearly put on the table what ind of ettiquete is expected here.

When he look at the cameras and sensors, he think twice before risking any funny thing. Beneath his coat, there are two weapons hidden; Myoshi, his trusty and everytday taser, and Marcelle, the silent girl. He trust that he had hidden the latter well enough that most checks would caught her, and herself is pretty effective in avoiding scanners, but was it worth the risk... He deemed that it was, and when asked about guns, he presented the taser, hoping that the other pistol would pass out undetected. After all, this could still be an ambush. And the Gentleman don't like to part with his guns.

Quote from: Gear
Gentleman John is wearing his complete armor set (which appears to be just his regular suit and coat); he wears his sensor equipment (trode net in the hat, contact glasses and earbuds). He carries only two weapons at the time; Miyoshi (Yamaha Pulsar) and Marcelle (Morrissey Élan), the latter is loaded with Stick-'n-Shock bullets. An additional spare clip for each are concealed in his clothes.
If I need to make a palming test to mantain Marcelle hidden, call for it.

Kouryuu

• Prime Runner
« Reply #56 on: <02-22-12/0711:26> »
... corner of Rockefeller Ave and 21st? where the hell is that? ... Sharp was in dismay, she had scouted the area in her natural form and found everything, but now down here everything looked different. It took much longer then expected to find the place and in the end it was just thanks to a tower, the Sharp could climb, that she found it. And she got there only half a minute before the set time, good that she had planned an extra hour. As she steped into the much too silent crossroad she was greeted by two metahuman females, the reeked of cosmetics and different other aroma substances, sharp had never understood this, ... are they too afraid to let others smell the real them? do they think that they are so ill and old and what not that they have to hide their natural smell? From the looks, not, but you never know, looks is not everything ...

Sharp was about to say her name and state her biz as the two jets swooped over. This scared Sharp, even more then just the sudden sound, the jets themselves or mechanic birds as Sharp used to call them in her childhood, were the main reason Sharp was scared. There were no stories  what happens to birds that are hit by one of these, not because it never happens, but because no one ever lives to tell the story. it was only natural that Sharp followed her instincts and Rolled down preparing to Use her gift, if they would come her way, she would be ready. But they never returned, must have not noticed her down here.

As Sharp got back up, the two Females were frightened, you could smell it, even trough all of the cosmetic stuff, so Sharp did not bother with introductions and handshakes, witch, Watchmaker had told her, were the polite thing to do and went into the building.
The building was nothing Special, at least in Sharps eyes, there were no technological marvels to see, the standart security equipment and that's about it.

As sharp was asked to leave the shoes outside she asked if she could strip to feel more comfortabele, but seeing the suprise in the eys of the guards and the other people she quickly added " Joking, just joking."
RainDragonBar

Netzgeist

• Ace Runner
« Reply #57 on: <02-22-12/1324:37> »
Quote from: About the Getleman's Appearance, or "a matter of good taste"
I thought it's nice to describe what the other character's will see when they meet Gentleman John, so here's a brief description of how he is presenting himself on this meeting:
There's an ork there which is a little too well-groomed to be your average ork: his facial features are strong, but are more on the "sharp" side than the brute side. If you are into orks, you could say the guy is quite handsome. His demeanor and stance is that of a resolute and secure person, as a well-fed predator: not a threat, yet not someone you would want to have in your bad side. Besides that, the guy reeks of politeness.
He is currently clad in some well-made chalk-stripped dark suit. All the pieces fi perfectly with the others, even though the cut may seem a little old-fashioned, as if his style has come and gone a long time ago. In his left arm he carries an expensive matching overcoat.
One who look at this guy inside the house where the meeting was arrange would immediatelly recognize the large and well-waxed shoes outside as his. It's a perfect match to the rest of the outfit. The socks are the same color of the suit, although without the characteristic chalk-stripes, and seem to be of a more rough material than the expected fine silk (they are still appropriate, though). In fact, they are part of his Form-Fitting Armor, but they pass well as regular socks (as the noticeably gloves; not entirely fitting, but not innapropriate ones). Depending on how he feels the ettiquete requires, he may be with his hat on or not. If the case is negative, his trodes will be noticeable on his recending hair, and are of a "vintage" look, trying to show themselves as appropriate for a "noir look", as seem in trids.

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #58 on: <02-22-12/1405:40> »
As they hadn't mentioned any clothing requirements and she didn't have anything but the address to go on, Sammy had opted for some non-descript street clothes.  The sort that wouldn't make you noticable just about anywhere in Seattle, except maybe the highest and lowest class neighbourhoods.  She had also put on her form-fitting armour and armoured vest, just to be sure.  She was also disguised, again with a spell and she had some stuff in a backpack.  With the backpack and the disguise she looked like one of the thousand of students on their way from or to college.  With her goggles on she was fairly certain she wouldn't be recognised.  As for weapons she had only her taser and pistol with her, the katana staying home for now.

When she arrived at the address, she spotted the house and the two women.  She quickly popped into the astral to check out the place, looking for wards and such, before entering.  She put her shoes, simple but durable sneakers, where she was asked to put them and she moved upstairs, dropping the spell of her disguise as she went.  Okay, she thought as she arrived on the indicated floor, strange decorations, but like they say in French 'les gouts et les couleurs ne se discutent pas', which exhausted her knowledge of French.

[spoiler]
physical mask force 3 (in sustaining focus)
magic 5 + spellcasting 5 + illusion specialisation 2 =12 (12d6.hits(5) =3)
drain 3: logic 4 + willpower 4 =8 (8d6.hits(5)=2)
1 stun damage
assensing (building + 2 women in front)
intuition 4 + assensing 3 =7 (7d6.hits(5)=3)
[/spoiler]

a bit on her looks and dress:
She's dressed in casual clothes: a black form-hugging jeans, white t-shirt and over that a loose fitting shirt.  She also wears a vest, looks leather.  She's quite good looking and you probably know her.  OK, maybe not Sharp, but gentleman surely.

AalithHUN

« Reply #59 on: <02-23-12/0854:45> »
As you step in to the main room, after the check-up, you immediately notice the change. Aside from the red everywhere, the people change too, from mostly buff male guards to attractive female "companions". They are dressed in different style from neo-asian to native american,  but they are all elves and humans - no exceptions. They are talking, reading (you notice real books here and there) or just sitting, watching the "guests". As soon as someone is given the go, one of them steps right to them, and after the greeting and name-changing, they escort you to one of the private sections. They are very polite and very...definite, accustomed to "handling" people, chatting lightly while they are guiding you.

For Sharp, it's a nightmare. First, as a dual-natured being, she immediately notices several watcher spirits in a form of little creatures, birds, squirrels, butterflies (same for Sammy, just for her, it's an instant) and what's worse, they notice her too. They immediately get both in their faces, repeating the same phrase "no peeking!" over and over. It's very hard to concentrate like this, so she accidentally breaks a vase, then steps on the toes of her girl, Lisa. It's fortunate that she didn't forget to take her shoes off...  And the smells! If the two women were "bad", this room is filled with exotic aromas, perfumes, and scented candles.

(the Gentleman arrived first, so he's in his room by now, but Sammy could hear the commotion behind her and can turn back...)

For the Gentleman and Sammy, this is a very pleasurable experience, they get Veronica and Florine respectively, then escorted to a little room where they find a simple tablet with many questions in it. It's mostly a psychological evaluation and a "brag sheet" combined, asking about your past, skills, age, and such, all answers  are skip-able. When you are done, you are asked to wait a little until someone comes for you.