NEWS

Facility question

• 22 Replies

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #15 on: <01-18-12/1653:39> »
Another thing to keep in mind is that the Tools cost is only for the price of the Tools. You still have to have somewhere to store/use them. A shop can be stored in a much smaller place (back of a van technically), but a facility will require actual floorspace to be rented for all the machinery.

Just buy the necessities portion of your lifestyle twice. Have a big arse "garage" and live over it. Heck take day job too and run a business out of it :)
(SR5) Homebrew Archetypes

Tangled Currents (Persistent): 33 Karma, 60,000 nuyen

JustADude

• Prime Runner
  • Madness? This! Is! A FORUM!
« Reply #16 on: <01-18-12/1829:47> »
Just buy the necessities portion of your lifestyle twice. Have a big arse "garage" and live over it. Heck take day job too and run a business out of it :)

Or, if you're not doing Missions, just take the "Workplace" quality for your Lifestyle; +1 LP, and it raises the "space" aspect of Necessities by two ranks.
“What is right is not always popular and what is popular is not always right.”
― Albert Einstein

"Being average just means that half of everyone you meet is better than you."
― Me

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #17 on: <01-18-12/1832:14> »

Or, if you're not doing Missions, just take the "Workplace" quality for your Lifestyle; +1 LP, and it raises the "space" aspect of Necessities by two ranks.

Or do both. Take two "sets" of necessities at Middle or High, and then both are at Luxury (and beyond) for size. Have a friggin penthouse sized living space above a bloody warehouse practically. Damn...now I want to build a rigger...  :-\
(SR5) Homebrew Archetypes

Tangled Currents (Persistent): 33 Karma, 60,000 nuyen

KarmaInferno

• Ace Runner
  • Armor Stacking Cheese Monkey
« Reply #18 on: <01-18-12/1848:13> »
Workshop Vehicle Mod + Nanoforge = Facility, at least for most projects.

Won't have a hydraulic lift, but hey, isn't that what the team troll is for?

:)

-k

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #19 on: <01-18-12/2209:03> »
"Jack not name, jack is job!"
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

rasmusnicolaj

• Omae
  • Не бойся смерти
« Reply #20 on: <01-19-12/0102:46> »
"Jack not name, jack is job!"

;D +1 for making me laugh.

Rasmus
Deplore killings made in the name of religion. Can't it just be for fun?

Neurosis

• Chummer
  • ain't no rest for the wicked
« Reply #21 on: <01-22-12/1650:30> »
This just made me think of a new quality:

Technical Genius (10 BP per rank, max 3 ranks)
(Aka, MacGuyvering)

When making any Test that requires physical tools, the Character treats their available tools as one level higher than their actual rating for meeting the tool requirement threshold. For each level of Technical Genius above the tool threshold, the player may choose to take either a +2 bonus on each roll, or lower the interval by one step, to a minimum of one Simple Action. This bonus is separate from the Superior Tools bonus provided by having tools that beat the required rating without the use of this quality.

If no tools are available, the Character must make a Perception+Intuition test (threshold based on the character's location) to scavenge the proper materials. If the test is failed, the number of Hits by which the Character misses the threshold is subtracted from his Technical Genius rating for the purpose of the desired task.

Potentially abusable, but I'm pretty sure MacGuyver somehow managed to get 4 ranks in it.

Isn't MacGuyvering already a different SR4 quality? (IIRC, "Jury Rigging"?)

(To say nothing of TheGuyvering, which is an unrelated phenomenon.)
~"Pirates and bankrobbers, not lawyers and CEOs
Stockbrokers ain't no heroes!"~

Devon Oratz//CGL Freelancer
My Blog: tarotAmerican
My RPGs: endTransmission.

JustADude

• Prime Runner
  • Madness? This! Is! A FORUM!
« Reply #22 on: <01-23-12/0002:47> »
This just made me think of a new quality:

Technical Genius (10 BP per rank, max 3 ranks)
(Aka, MacGuyvering)

When making any Test that requires physical tools, the Character treats their available tools as one level higher than their actual rating for meeting the tool requirement threshold. For each level of Technical Genius above the tool threshold, the player may choose to take either a +2 bonus on each roll, or lower the interval by one step, to a minimum of one Simple Action. This bonus is separate from the Superior Tools bonus provided by having tools that beat the required rating without the use of this quality.

If no tools are available, the Character must make a Perception+Intuition test (threshold based on the character's location) to scavenge the proper materials. If the test is failed, the number of Hits by which the Character misses the threshold is subtracted from his Technical Genius rating for the purpose of the desired task.

Potentially abusable, but I'm pretty sure MacGuyver somehow managed to get 4 ranks in it.

Isn't MacGuyvering already a different SR4 quality? (IIRC, "Jury Rigging"?)

(To say nothing of TheGuyvering, which is an unrelated phenomenon.)

The existing stuff doesn't go far enough, in my opinion, to qualify for MacGuyver leve shenanigans. Dude could not ony jury-rig, but do it faster and better than most people could do it with a full set of tools.
“What is right is not always popular and what is popular is not always right.”
― Albert Einstein

"Being average just means that half of everyone you meet is better than you."
― Me