NEWS

Ghost In The Shell Philosophy

• 29 Replies

freddieflatline

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
« Reply #15 on: <05-24-12/1401:19> »
So, Ghost in the Shell meets Witch Hunter Robin meets Darker than Black meets Cowboy Bebop.

I'd watch the hell out of that. :)
So would I.  Throw in some Denno Coil and there would be serious awesomeness!

Hermes

• Chummer
« Reply #16 on: <05-28-12/0002:29> »
I think what they should do is take a look at what makes Shadowrun tick.  Running the shadows, Gibsonian-Bladerunner-Minority Report world; Native Americans getting some breathing room thanks to the Awakening.

There is a lot you can do with Shadowrun.  From a knock off of the Maltese Falcon (Film Noir) to the crazy and zaniness of Brazil (Now that is life in an Arcology).  We haven't even gotten into Cyberforce and Wetworks yet (both Image comics).  Ghost in the Shell is a great place to begin.

Number 1: They shouldn't dumb it down, though.  If shadowrun is kiddified into bubble punk I think everyone here will have a heart attack.

JustADude

• Prime Runner
  • Madness? This! Is! A FORUM!
« Reply #17 on: <05-29-12/1005:00> »
Number 1: They shouldn't dumb it down, though.  If shadowrun is kiddified into bubble punk I think everyone here will have a heart attack.

So, for a series, you'd want to air it on HBO, then? ;)
“What is right is not always popular and what is popular is not always right.”
― Albert Einstein

"Being average just means that half of everyone you meet is better than you."
― Me

Hermes

• Chummer
« Reply #18 on: <05-29-12/1156:50> »

So, for a series, you'd want to air it on HBO, then? ;)

HBO or Showtime.  Although the latter might demand full nudity in the pilot.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #19 on: <05-29-12/1219:56> »
And the problem with that is?
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

PeterSmith

• Ace Runner
« Reply #20 on: <05-29-12/1425:36> »

To quote Jeff Dunham: "They didn't say it would be female virgins, did they?"
Power corrupts.
Absolute power is kinda neat.

"Peter Smith has the deadest of deadpans and a very sly smile, making talking to him a fun game of keeping up and slinging the next subtle zinger." - Jason M. Hardy, 3 August 2015

Hermes

• Chummer
« Reply #21 on: <05-29-12/2151:34> »

I'm not the producer so I can't say. :D

Wolfboy

• Omae
  • life sucks, deal with it
« Reply #22 on: <05-30-12/2107:01> »

To quote Jeff Dunham: "They didn't say it would be female virgins, did they?"

and to finish the quote "If this is paradise, I've been screwed."
May god grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, to change the things I can, and the firepower to make the difference.

Suicide is never the answer, now homicide on the other hand, that has posibilities.

7.62 Russian, when it absolutely has to be done under budget

freddieflatline

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
« Reply #23 on: <06-05-12/1527:16> »
I think what they should do is take a look at what makes Shadowrun tick.  Running the shadows, Gibsonian-Bladerunner-Minority Report world; Native Americans getting some breathing room thanks to the Awakening.

There is a lot you can do with Shadowrun.  From a knock off of the Maltese Falcon (Film Noir) to the crazy and zaniness of Brazil (Now that is life in an Arcology).  We haven't even gotten into Cyberforce and Wetworks yet (both Image comics).  Ghost in the Shell is a great place to begin.

Amen to that.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #24 on: <06-05-12/2139:17> »
If Shadowrun got kiddiefied, well, there's enough authors about to fix that problem.  *Raises Hand*
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Wolfboy

• Omae
« Reply #25 on: <06-15-12/1716:26> »
hangs his head and raises his hand as well. We'd start writing and editing and doing all that stuff ourselves and make ourselves a problem until they un-kiddyfied it
May god grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, to change the things I can, and the firepower to make the difference.

Suicide is never the answer, now homicide on the other hand, that has posibilities.

Wakshaani

• Ace Runner
« Reply #26 on: <06-16-12/2003:33> »

Wolfboy

• Omae
« Reply #27 on: <06-17-12/1930:39> »
found the file but only had half of what i outlined, the opening credits

1.   Opening scenes:
A.   Music:
1.   Artist: Cruxshadows
2.   Song title: “Winterborn”
3.   Time period: 2:00minutes
B.   Video scenes:
1.   Cut scene:
Close up of asphalt running beneath the “camera” then “Anthrax” logo apears backing series title.Visual suddenly climbs and expands showing a chopper and motorcycle skimming down the interstate, chopper flying under the overpasses. Both are being followed by a truck. (Citymaster)
2.   Cut scene:
Visual drops once again closing up on the helo, shifting camera angle to a horizontal shot showing the cargo bay doors shut, then scanning around the font of the of the helo, showing the pilot (rigger) and copilot (decker).As the camera shot reaches the second closed cargo door the angle shifts to vertical and spins dropping to just behind the motorcycle rider. Camera angle again levels out pivoting around the rider showing the large truck that is following then pulling back as the rider veres off on a diverging ramp followed closely by the helo and the truck. (Citymaster)
3.   Cut scene:
Flash image of a blocked roadway with armed attendants (obvious gag members)
4.   Cut scene:
Show weapons being readied, (various kinds set to syllable of words)
5.   Cut scene:
Motorcycle comes screaming towards and then past, going across the screen then lays down as the camera follows. As the bike lies down, the rider slips free of the machine and slides across the asphalt on his back and buttocks. Suddenly both his hands are filled with pistols and the fire lances from the barrells even as he follows the now crashing motorcycle into the barricade.
6.   Cut scene:
Suddenly the helocopter drops into the camera view showing the left side, a mage hanging in the doorway flings a glowing ball into the mass at the barricade. The chopper then spins in place, showing a mingun, spitting tracers, firing through the line behind the barricade.
7.   Cut scene:
Truck blasts through the remainder of the barricade where the motorcycle hit first and in the background you see the motorcycle rider getting winched up into the chopper.Fade to black

freddieflatline

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
« Reply #28 on: <06-17-12/2220:38> »
A Shadowrun TV show?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q43h1zHpjqc

Hmm...

That was totally awesome!  Thanks Wakshaani!

Wakshaani

• Ace Runner
« Reply #29 on: <06-18-12/0017:30> »
*tips hat*

My pleasure, omae.

Register