NEWS

The current situation with Dragons

• 275 Replies

Cranstonvm

• Chummer
  • Dragons everywhere!!!
« Reply #150 on: <05-01-12/1448:19> »
With we know about dragons and their rites and rituals, it way just look like big game of chess to us.
"Silly little things, thinking it's only chess.  It's far, far more complicated than that.  Actually, it's similar to some of their earlier role playing games.  I like those, they work the brain nicely."
I won't comment on its veracity, but my favorite description of the state of the conflict so far is from a fan who describes it as a courtship ritual between Hestaby and Lofwyr.
Great, baby dragons...

Having baby dragons would be interesting, even if it is only to keep people off balance.
Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

International Dieselpunk day November 12th http://www.dieselpunks.org/ for more information!

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #151 on: <05-01-12/1513:58> »
Well, going off some of the Earthdawn material, it is usually the female that picks a mate, and that the mating ritual can look like prolonged combat.

However, I don't think that is what we're seeing here. I also don't think this is going to end up in Hestaby and Lofwyr fighting to the finish like you saw with Nachtmeister. No, while they certainly have different points of view, I suspect that this could all tie in to Dunkelzhan's death.

Dunkelzhan sacrificed himself to power the Dragonheart and blast the bridge to smithereens. Forces within Aztechnology (Darke & co., also perhaps a Horror-touched dragon) have been working to build that bridge. It is possible that, amongst the bequests not publicly listed, he had certain messages sent to the other great dragons, either through spirits or memory crystals (I don't think he'd trust something truly sensitive to the Matrix, especially with how much time he spent on Shadowland), explaining why he killed himself. If that is true, then the dragons may be playing a long game, angling for a run on AZT. Sirrurg's actions, however, may have complicated or disrupted their plans, especially if Sirrurg got impatient with the 'long game' and desired retribution, now. What we are seeing may be damage control, trying to get their plans back on track.
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

Marak1972

• Omae
« Reply #152 on: <05-01-12/1538:15> »
If he really wanted humans off his lawn in Denver, don't you think he'd have been able to do it anyhow?

Maybe he likes having his own kingdom that's actually a bunch of different countries?  Gets to wear a different crown (Or draconic equivalent) depending on his mood.

LOL! Ghostwalker in a 10 galleon hat!

http://asherthedragon.deviantart.com/art/Cowboy-Dragon-227507153

LMAO oh jeez it hurts it hurts LMAo
no no no thats a BIG BUG
green - speech
blue - thought
Hello mon come on and letd get dis party started no

The Wyrm Ouroboros

• Prime Runner
  • I Have Taken All Shadowrun To Be My Province
« Reply #153 on: <05-01-12/1948:03> »
If it is courtship I find it amusing that dragons have the same courtship rituals as kindergartners, hairpulling and namecalling.
Speaking from experience, never underestimate the power of opposing someone to create an attraction.  When you repeatedly fight someone, you get to know them very well, very intimately in the non-sexual senses of the word.  This may create a powerful bond and attraction, so much so that you can get them defending each other on the 'nobody kills him but me!!' theme, or simply a very deep friendship in which opposition and rivalry are the primary facets -- very much like Ehran and Harlequin, in fact.

In individuals who are mutually attracted to the other's gender, well -- that can lead to 'I enjoy our fights so much, I have to marry you just so we can fight more conveniently.'  Very much like me and my wife ....
Pananagutan & End/Line

Old As McBean, Twice As Mean
"Oh, gee - it's Go-Frag-Yourself-O'Clock."
New Wyrm!! Now with Twice the Bastard!!

Laés is ... I forget. -PiXeL01
Play the game. Don't try to win it.

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #154 on: <05-01-12/1958:06> »
If it is courtship I find it amusing that dragons have the same courtship rituals as kindergartners, hairpulling and namecalling.
Speaking from experience, never underestimate the power of opposing someone to create an attraction.  When you repeatedly fight someone, you get to know them very well, very intimately in the non-sexual senses of the word.  This may create a powerful bond and attraction, so much so that you can get them defending each other on the 'nobody kills him but me!!' theme, or simply a very deep friendship in which opposition and rivalry are the primary facets -- very much like Ehran and Harlequin, in fact.

In individuals who are mutually attracted to the other's gender, well -- that can lead to 'I enjoy our fights so much, I have to marry you just so we can fight more conveniently.'  Very much like me and my wife ....
Or just like the Villiers family.
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #155 on: <05-01-12/2000:14> »
Or that could have been because Samantha was barely twenty when she married Richard and then gave birth to Cara.

Angelone

• Ace Runner
  • A decent perfection
« Reply #156 on: <05-02-12/2013:03> »
I thought they were roughly the same age, so Richard is roughly twice her age? Afb atm. If Kara was an adult in the late 50s it makes Richard fairly old.
REJOICE! For bad things are about to happen.
la vida no vale nada

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #157 on: <05-02-12/2054:03> »
I thought they were roughly the same age, so Richard is roughly twice her age? Afb atm. If Kara was an adult in the late 50s it makes Richard fairly old.
Old is a relative term when one has access to the technology and medicine of Shadowrun's levels.  And Fuchi was one of the Corps that had one of the original Delta Clinics, IIRC.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #158 on: <05-02-12/2104:41> »
They are both in their sixties. Richard is three to five years older than her. I need to go back and check. Their daughter is around forty.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #159 on: <05-02-12/2313:23> »
They are both in their sixties. Richard is three to five years older than her. I need to go back and check. Their daughter is around forty.
And still rockin' that Cyberhand!  ;D

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Mystic

• Freelancer
  • Omae
  • Word Mercenary
« Reply #160 on: <05-03-12/0030:45> »
And still rockin' that Cyberhand!  ;D

Interesting because Night's Pawn was the first SR novel I read. It was a great read then, but when I went back and re-read it last year it was soooo much better becasue I had the context to know who Richard and Samantha Villers actually where!

Bringing chaos, mayhem, and occasionally cookies to the Sixth World since 2052!

"Just because it's easy for you doesn't mean it can't be hard on your clients"-Rule 38, The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries, Schlock Mercenary.

Angelone

• Ace Runner
  • A decent perfection
« Reply #161 on: <05-03-12/2158:15> »
Night's Pawn is probably my favorite as well, it barely beats out the Argent ones. It's even got a funny part where he says fuck and gets teased for being old.
la vida no vale nada

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #162 on: <05-03-12/2215:11> »
Night's Pawn is probably my favorite as well, it barely beats out the Argent ones. It's even got a funny part where he says fuck and gets teased for being old.
Very risque back then.

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Bull

• Ace Runner
  • Crotchety Old Ork Decker
« Reply #163 on: <05-04-12/2243:20> »
Now we do the reverse when someone says "Frag".  *sigh*

*grumbles*

Angelone

• Ace Runner
  • A decent perfection
« Reply #164 on: <05-04-12/2255:31> »
Now we do the reverse when someone says "Frag".  *sigh*

*grumbles*

That's what makes it funnier now, we've come full circle with the swearwords. Also hackers again instead of deckers.
la vida no vale nada