NEWS

What edition do you play?

• 44 Replies

Longshot23

• Omae
« Reply #30 on: <01-11-12/0459:02> »
In Canberra, Australia . . . . Started in early-mid 90s with SR2, moved on to SR3, lost gm in late 90s . . . not played SR# since (hopefully to change this year).

Especially ironic since I discovered NSRCG after the GM moved away, and it was incredibly useful.

Stahlseele

• Omae
  • Elfen haben doofe Ohren.
« Reply #31 on: <01-11-12/0823:24> »
Montreal, Calgary, The US, Germany, and now Denmark!  How the hell did I get in such high demand???  ;D
'cause you're crazy.
but you're OUR kinda crazy.
also, inventive and smart and a sense of humor.
rules knowledge probably in the  upper 5% too.
background knowledge in the upper 5% too.
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it." - Field Marshall Erwin Rommel
"In a free society, diversity is not disorder. Debate is not strife. And dissent is not revolution." - George W. Bush

JustADude

• Prime Runner
  • Madness? This! Is! A FORUM!
« Reply #32 on: <01-11-12/0843:20> »
Montreal, Calgary, The US, Germany, and now Denmark!  How the hell did I get in such high demand???  ;D
'cause you're crazy.
but you're OUR kinda crazy.
also, inventive and smart and a sense of humor.
rules knowledge probably in the  upper 5% too.
background knowledge in the upper 5% too.

Knowledge of how to abuse both in the most hilarious way possible in the upper 5% too.
“What is right is not always popular and what is popular is not always right.”
― Albert Einstein

"Being average just means that half of everyone you meet is better than you."
― Me

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #33 on: <01-11-12/1413:05> »
Canray, I think the general consensus is 'move to civilization, and you'll find gamers'.
I'm in Winnipeg, the place where all the Refugees in Canada end up.

I'm surrounded by Civilization from all over the world!

On the bright side, the sheer types of grocers shops and restaurants is AMAZING!!!
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

JustADude

• Prime Runner
  • Madness? This! Is! A FORUM!
« Reply #34 on: <01-12-12/0038:50> »
Canray, I think the general consensus is 'move to civilization, and you'll find gamers'.
I'm in Winnipeg, the place where all the Refugees in Canada end up.

I'm surrounded by Civilization from all over the world!

On the bright side, the sheer types of grocers shops and restaurants is AMAZING!!!

I envy you.

Where I'm at, they consider INDIAN to be exotic!
“What is right is not always popular and what is popular is not always right.”
― Albert Einstein

"Being average just means that half of everyone you meet is better than you."
― Me

Psikerlord

• Omae
« Reply #35 on: <01-12-12/0321:04> »
I've played 2nd thru 4A, our group tends to pick up each new edition as it rolls along. Keeps it fresh. I like 4A alot, but I would have to say 2e had the best art.

Dr What?

• Newb
« Reply #36 on: <02-05-12/0601:42> »
I played 1st edition a few times back in the 90's but we were put off by the slow combat. Recently got back into Shadowrun with a new group and am running 4th anniversary edition.

"We had a plan!"
"Go in and get the girl is not a plan."

Medicineman

• Ace Runner
« Reply #37 on: <02-05-12/0819:51> »
I'm in two SR4A Rounds ( # 1 Gangs in  Hong Kong #2 is Ghostcartels)
and when I go to Conventions I guess that 80 to 85 % of Shadowrun is 4th Ed

Hough!
Medicineman
http://english.bouletcorp.com/2013/08/02/the-long-journey/
---------------------------------------------------
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1V7fi5IqYw
---------------------------------------------------
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-RYlAPjyNm8

Patrick Goodman

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
  • Fixing the fixless since 2016
« Reply #38 on: <02-05-12/1254:24> »
I play 4th because it's what I write in.

If I had my druthers, though, they never would have broken Shadowrun and I'd still be playing a cleaned-up 3rd.

Man, I sound bitter this morning. I'm really not feeling that bitter, but I sure sound it....
Former Shadowrun Errata Coordinator

Kylen

• Omae
« Reply #39 on: <02-05-12/1337:16> »
I had.....issues with 3rd ed. Specifically Stairs, and how they have killed a character of mine. Twice.
"Alright. How many steps down do you fall? 10? Yeah, just make a new character."
"Whyyy?"
"Cause I gotta roll for EVERY step, and you have to defend against EVERY step, and likely soak as well. The damage WILL get through and likely kill you eventually, and if it DOESN'T, well ,the badguys will have an easier time at it."
"Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger." - Tolkien

"F*** subtle." - Dresden

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #40 on: <02-05-12/1340:38> »
I've tried playing 3E. Frankly, it was way too complicated. I like the way 4E does it, though I agree that the problem of you hitting caps early on is an annoyance. If there was a fifth edition, about the only change I'd make is to remove those hard caps on skills, and leave the rest the same.
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

Patrick Goodman

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
  • Fixing the fixless since 2016
« Reply #41 on: <02-05-12/1405:55> »
I had.....issues with 3rd ed. Specifically Stairs, and how they have killed a character of mine. Twice.
"Alright. How many steps down do you fall? 10? Yeah, just make a new character."
"Whyyy?"
"Cause I gotta roll for EVERY step, and you have to defend against EVERY step, and likely soak as well. The damage WILL get through and likely kill you eventually, and if it DOESN'T, well ,the badguys will have an easier time at it."
Frankly, if that's the case, someone was doing something wrong. There is not, for instance, any sort of rule about stairs that sounds remotely like that in SR3.
Former Shadowrun Errata Coordinator

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #42 on: <02-05-12/1412:00> »
"Whyyy?"
Frankly, if that's the case, someone was doing something wrong. There is not, for instance, any sort of rule about stairs that sounds remotely like that in SR3.

My problem with SR3 was that your attributes had no effect on how likely you were to succeed at a given task since it didn't add to the dice pool.
(SR5) Homebrew Archetypes

Tangled Currents (Persistent): 33 Karma, 60,000 nuyen

Red Canti

• Omae
  • Hybrid Rainbow
« Reply #43 on: <02-05-12/1757:42> »
Whatever edition a group wants to play, I don't care as long as I can Plaaaaaaay. I need to move out of the suburbs.

Though, I only own books for 4th Edition. EMERGENCE and Running Wild to be exact.
"Always Trust Mr. Johnson, always. Just make sure he knows he'd regret betraying that trust."

Kylen

• Omae
« Reply #44 on: <02-05-12/1930:51> »
Wait. Are you saying attributes where not worth investing in during 3rd?

Also: I just generally like the current times more then what was in 3e. Though, I wouldn't mind some references to earlier plot lines and such that seem to have been swept under the rug since FASA fell apart. I LIKED the tie in with the Horrors and such.
"Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger." - Tolkien

"F*** subtle." - Dresden

Register