NEWS

[IC] Missions 2 - Tunnel Vision (concluded)

• 746 Replies

Sichr

• Prime Runner
  • TOTÁLNÍ FAŠÍRKA ZMRDI !!!
« Reply #15 on: <12-13-11/1325:02> »
When omar hears the last sentence, he looks their new coleague over once more.
Pragmatic..that would be welcomed change
Lips. Name is Omar. If we are in this together now, We need to make some arangements prior to mission. Would you give me your link for a minute?

Larzarus

• Omae
« Reply #16 on: <12-13-11/1340:39> »
Assuming that Omar is the teams matrix wizard, he flips his commlink to Omar. Lips know that his hardware is very low standard and Omar probably could hack into it anyway. Nevertheless, Lips takes a quite look at Omar in the astral space to see his intentions.
Still towards Omar: "May I ask, did you guys work together before? while Lips swings his cane in the direction of the other runners
« Last Edit: <12-13-11/1424:53> by Larzarus »

Sichr

• Prime Runner
« Reply #17 on: <12-13-11/1358:44> »
Hm...You better talk about this with Mouse
Omar nods to the Rover
I wont be able to run propper encryption on this, but Mouse may have backup commlink he don`t need, otherwise you will be the hole in the wall.
About your question...I see those guys for the first time in my life. Same about you. Copy that?
« Last Edit: <12-13-11/1430:15> by Sichr »

Larzarus

• Omae
« Reply #18 on: <12-13-11/1451:22> »
"Jup, first run with you gentlemen. I will take your advice, and talk to Mr. Mouse after the talking with Johnson is done.

Do you assume, we get under matrix attacks, down there?"
Which gave Lips an idea. "Is it possible, that the corp team is simply out of range? I mean, my commlink alread starts to have troubles when I traveled through the alpean mountain tunnels."
Lips whispers to Omar. Either Johnson already ruled that out, or if, unlikely, he isn't unaware of that option, telling him might reduces their payment.
« Last Edit: <12-13-11/1455:35> by Larzarus »

Sichr

• Prime Runner
« Reply #19 on: <12-13-11/1506:03> »
Possible, or maybe they hit a dead zone, signal wont be any  miracle down there. Or maybe they hit another kind of "Dead zone". Or they ran into some smugglers operation. Or they foung whatever Aztechnology left there. Which leads me to the question...

@Mouse: This guys seem to be Wuxing, well this construction site masy be just a red herring, and actually they are after what is down there. We cannot exclude any option. Would you be able to get us some info on this?

@Team: Anyone have some clue about corpses relationship? Aztechnology and Wuxing...they are oponents or allies?

@Fractal: I have a terrible feeling about this mission, but I`m in, if you ask me. I agree the price should be higher than 6K per capita.

Sentinemodo

• Prime Runner
  • Prepare for the worst - surprises will be pleasant
« Reply #20 on: <12-13-11/1534:55> »
"Excuse me, Bob; I see you did your research on us, but let me correct a little detail on your sum. Don't get me wrong, that's really our going rate, but this job is not one of the usual ones. You are sending us to something you don't know yet what may be, and we can't make any research on it before going in. I believe a risk premium is due to even the deal."

Quote from: Negotiations roll
8 (Charisma) + 4 (Negotiations) + 3 (Glamour) + 3 (Tailored Pheromones 3) + 1 (Vocal Range Enhancer) = 19 dice = 4 hits, no glitch

[/quote]
The elf had just finished his last sentence, when a sudden realization seems to cross his mind, and he adds: "Oh, and Mr. Bob, it would be in your best interest to provide us with one of your construction drones. Your workers are in old tunnels below street level, and who knows from under what shall we need to take them?"

Quote from: ooc
modifeirs:
he is friendly toward you +2 dices - he got problem, but hope he will have them solved with you help
increasing the budget would be harmful for him, he already exceeded budget for the project, asking for more will bring his superior to the construction site, and turn on close monitoring, which if any of you is project manager, you know firsthand, is not a good thing -3 dices
total: -1 dice, no change to hits.

Charisma(3) + Negotiations(4) + Supplier negotiations specialization(2) -> 9d6.hits(5)=3

Bob drove hard bargain. Much like when he does when he orders construction materials, orders subcontractors and similars. Aren't you supposed to be experts in going into dangerous locations, facing and solving unexpected problems? Isn't that your daily bread? 
anyway if you need, you can lend a Beaver drone. I expect it back and operational. You can also pick for yourselves anything form the equipment there.
he point at the metal garage-like structure, that house shelves with construction tools. There are helmets, goggles with night
and thermographic vision, climbing equipment (including ropes, hooks), large axes and hammers, fire extinguishers. and possibly other stuff.

Since you negotiated I assume you all accept the job and payment. 30k plus equipment lending is a final offer.
If there is anything from the small construction tools, you might need, ask in ooc, it might be provided.
Sorry for a small delay ;)

Denver Missions
concluded 01 02 03 04 05 10 09 11
running 13
runners: Caretaker Jerry

Netzgeist

• Ace Runner
  • Serpens, nisi serpentem comederit, non fit draco
« Reply #21 on: <12-13-11/1546:23> »
@Team: Well, chummers, this is it. Are you in or not? I also have real bad feeling about this, but we had them before and managed to go for it. Also, last month pay bills were huge, and I'm a little out of cash...

Fractal does not like Bob's replie, but he seems nothing can be done about it. "Aren't you supposed to be experts in going into dangerous locations, facing and solving unexpected problems? Isn't that your daily bread?" Yeah, and that's why we charge as experts, dammit. But this was dealing with a Wuxing corpse, and they tread in a differente type of credit also; this guys made respect matter more than money, and maybe we could earn some.

"I can't say anything for the others, Mr. Bob, and I would not go there alone." He turns to the newly assembled team. "Are you in for the job?"

Larzarus

• Omae
« Reply #22 on: <12-13-11/1552:44> »
Climbing gear sounds good, Lips thought to himself when he again look down the hole.

He looks still down, when he answer: "Fine with me." Back to Johnson: "Your first team, did they had regular commlink contact with reports, I mean until they vanished?"

Sichr

• Prime Runner
« Reply #23 on: <12-13-11/1600:01> »
Omar looks over the equipement they are provided. Ropes. Hooks. Axes. Hammers.
Well I feel like in a very different game at this moment.
Night vision googles. Beaver drone..
Ah...reality, where have you been; he sighted.
Since Fractal has his answer, Omar sets up for the drone, subscribes and boots up the OS, then starts the engine.
Morning, Beaver. We`ll spend some time together.
At this moment, Dalmatian scans the entrance to the tunnels, using also directional microphone to get as least some echo.
Suddenly Omar he turns to Bob with serious look at his face:
You have some hazard environment sensors? Like geiger? Atmosphere sensor? Was the team equiped with those?

Sentinemodo

• Prime Runner
« Reply #24 on: <12-13-11/1602:18> »
Fuck. At least I had a good breakfast.
Dalmatian drone climbs down from its tsnadard 200 meters flight level and dives into the big hole, scanning surrounding, sending stream from its sensors. Team members have opened access to it, and they may be surprised by considerable change in quality of video.

There is a lot of utility drones around, and Omar runs analyze to get list of types used on the construction type. Agent searches actual online catalogs, assigning every type its characteristics. Omar is looking for something equiped with drill or claws, even possibly autogen torch etc.

there is a small army of beavers, carrier drones, vehicles, including cranes and trucks. They are controlled (read slaved to) from the central construction node (hardware place in the garage building) - the node itself is visible but encrypted. matrix perception required if you need more details. 

Drone descended carefully into dark and in the camera feed you can see a concrete walls. About 16 meters below you find a tunnel leading north. Sensors detect increased humidity, the walls are damp and covered with fungi and moss. There is an RFID tag attached at the bottom tagged with "19:17" in green letters on the display.

Denver Missions
running 13

Sentinemodo

• Prime Runner
« Reply #25 on: <12-13-11/1608:41> »
"I might add, it would be a nice gesture, if we could at least borrow a small crane or something similar to get us down there and too get your people back to the light, ... or what's left of them.

That's no problem at all - He asks one of his employees over the commlink to come and quickly instruct him to prepare a small cage and crane. The crane will fit up to 300 kg or 4 persons in a single line. Beaver and doberman weight as much so they will have to be send alone. The crane is ready whenever you are.

Denver Missions
running 13

Sentinemodo

• Prime Runner
« Reply #26 on: <12-13-11/1615:10> »
Climbing gear sounds good, Lips thought to himself when he again look down the hole.

He looks still down, when he answer: "Fine with me." Back to Johnson: "Your first team, did they had regular commlink contact with reports, I mean until they vanished?"

Yes they did. Their commlinks were working fine, the signal was weakening though. But it was still strong when they reported they are going further. Afterward we lost contact

Denver Missions
running 13

Sichr

• Prime Runner
« Reply #27 on: <12-13-11/1623:44> »
Would you give me a hand? Omar asks...in general...everybody and nobody...And begins to load  5 oxygen bottles on the Beaver, gas masks included. When he is done, he places a flashlight to the Dalmatians and Dobermans hull and his own helmet, fixing it with the duct tape. While other team members make their own preparations, Omar opens the hidden mount on the Rover and dismounts the Whiteknight.  When noticing Sams expression, he just tells him that:
With this gun you don`t need to aim too much, just point the barrel to the tunnel and pull the trigger. Better if we don`t need it, well Better safe than sorry.
With this he throws LMG on his shoulder, ammo belt over his nape and enters the elevator cage to check the drones transportation from down bellow.
« Last Edit: <12-13-11/1638:47> by Sichr »

Larzarus

• Omae
« Reply #28 on: <12-13-11/1626:17> »
Yes they did. Their commlinks were working fine, the signal was weakening though. But it was still strong when they reported they are going further. Afterward we lost contact

"Did they encounter any kind of problems, worth mentioning? Tocix gas or smaller critters?"

Sentinemodo

• Prime Runner
« Reply #29 on: <12-13-11/1630:38> »
Since Fractal has his answer, Omar sets up for the drone, subscribes and boots up the OS, then starts the engine.
Morning, Beaver. We`ll spend some time together.

It would have been impolite to hack on the first date (at least on the surface), so you waited few minutes, before Johnson's employee arrived logged in unslaved him from the central node and created user account for you. He removed all security programs, so if you want to, you may hack for full admin access. 

Beaver is equipped with a searchlight , a cargo container a single person or 100 kg of items can be carried there safely, and a place for modular tool. You can choose two modules from the available ones - drill, pneumatic hammer, small crane or mechanical arm. The drone is crawling on four legs.
The batteries will last for 12 hours. You may take spares for another 12 hours, but this will take half of the cargo space.

Denver Missions
running 13