Shadowrun Play > Rules and such

Free Spirit Force and attributes

(1/7) > >>

Jeeves:
When making a free spirit character, force starts at two, which dictates all their starting attributes. By raising force with build points, would i be raising all the other attributes at the same time?

Doc Chaos:
No. By raising the Force attribute you are raising the natural maximum for the other attributes. You have to by them up seperately.

Critias:
Or, I suppose, the answer could be "maybe."  Since it states that it sets the natural minimums and maximums of your starting attributes, there's a school of thought that you are correct (and raising it raises them all).

It's up to debate, and can be read either way, really.  Personally, I think it's more balanced to go for the "no" camp, but I can see it going either way depending on what flavor/feel of game a GM wants to go for.  It's sort of in errata limbo right now.

Doc Chaos:
Well, my aproach is, they wouldn't have written

--- Quote ---A free spirit’s Force rating is the natural maximum for all Physical and Mental attributes, as well as its Edge attribute - so the player must raise Force if he wishes to raise the remaining attributes.
--- End quote ---
if free spirit PC wouldn't have to still buy up attributes.

Mäx:

--- Quote from: Doc Chaos on ---Well, my aproach is, they wouldn't have written

--- Quote ---A free spirit’s Force rating is the natural maximum for all Physical and Mental attributes, as well as its Edge attribute - so the player must raise Force if he wishes to raise the remaining attributes.
--- End quote ---
if free spirit PC wouldn't have to still buy up attributes.

--- End quote ---
Well thats also debatable, if raising force raises al your attributes, then you clearly have to raise it if you want to raise the other attributes .

And really thats the only reading that makes Free spirts a playable option, the other one makes them jokes and also different(for no apparant reason) from every other spirit in the game
Its pretty pathetic if an other player can start game with multiple bound spirits that are all better then you in almost every way imaginable.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version