NEWS

Fetish-Based Magician

• 3 Replies

Barracuda_Kali

• Newb
« on: <12-05-11/1828:45> »
So, I want to make a magician who basically totes around gizmos like a Ghostbuster. The idea is basically an enchanter who has the Talisman geas (for a power backpack with canisters of FAB or suchlike and orichalcum bracing), and a variety of connected fetishes to be cabled around to holsters or "loaded" into the backpack. The magician would need the "lightning gun" to shoot lightning bolts, and so on.

Here's the big question: is it handmade or manufactured telesma if I fish old computer parts and and so on out of an e-waste dump and cobble them together in junk devices that don't actually do anything other than whir or spin?

Also, what should I do about summoning? Can I link different spirits types to fetishes, as well? Should I take a delusion to make the character think they need a custom made set of goggles and headphones to see in the astral?
« Last Edit: <12-05-11/1833:00> by Barracuda_Kali »

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #1 on: <12-05-11/1843:48> »
OK, I'll freely admit that I was thinking something COMPLETELY different when I read this subject line.  ;D
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

UmaroVI

• Prime Runner
« Reply #2 on: <12-05-11/2101:18> »
Maybe make a Possession mage whose spirits possess the fetishes?

Barracuda_Kali

• Newb
« Reply #3 on: <12-05-11/2204:31> »
Maybe make a Possession mage whose spirits possess the fetishes?

I wasn't thinking about making mechanically prepared vessels because possession mages skipped my mind entirely. Just like dwarves, they tend to skip my mind entirely. That's a rather brilliant idea, though. I can see some horrible shambling scratchbuilt robot-looking things being used as vessels in my head now.