NEWS

Cyber-wings?

• 74 Replies

hobgoblin

• Omae
  • Panda!
« Reply #15 on: <11-25-11/2015:14> »
I think a thunderbird (the actual awakened bird type, that is) would also register as a biological entity the size of a personal aircraft...
Want to see my flash new jacket?

JustADude

• Prime Runner
  • Madness? This! Is! A FORUM!
« Reply #16 on: <11-27-11/1701:05> »
Actually, take the glider wings. Then steal a trick from Astroboy and put minithrusters (from Spy Games) in your cyberlegs.

+1

That actually sounds like an incredible way to infiltrate... use the thrusters to get close, then glide the rest of the way in so they don't hear you.
“What is right is not always popular and what is popular is not always right.”
― Albert Einstein

"Being average just means that half of everyone you meet is better than you."
― Me

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #17 on: <11-27-11/1712:16> »
Until you land on them.  Like Batman.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

hobgoblin

• Omae
  • Panda!
« Reply #18 on: <11-27-11/1852:33> »
Hehe, SR supers round something or other...

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #19 on: <11-28-11/0005:46> »
Well, I know folks just got the new game, so I figured that they should get the idea that they can use these to imitate how he makes an introduction.

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

KarmaInferno

• Ace Runner
  • Armor Stacking Cheese Monkey
« Reply #20 on: <11-28-11/0056:32> »
Huh. I just now am seeing the air-foil suit because of the mention here.

Wonderful. Yet another piece of equipment we have a price and availability for but no actual stats.

-k

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #21 on: <11-28-11/0125:41> »
Yes, just go by tables. Don't look at the descriptions at all. Why would you ever want to do that?

Quote from: WAR!, page 164
Wingsuit: A wingsuit is a jumpsuit with fabric between the arms and torso, as well as between the legs. When the wearer spreads his legs and arms while falling, the suit slows its descent and generates forward thrust, with a glide ratio of three meters forward for every meter fallen (at a Speed of about 100 meters per Combat Turn). The wingsuit is flown with the Parachuting skill (which has its own Wingsuit specialization), and has a built-in standard parachute (p. 59, Arsenal) in a low-profile, form-fitting pack.

Wingsuit Jetpack: This pack fits under and around the wingsuit parachute. It consists of two kerosene rockets and an electronic firing mechanism. When activated it offers the wingsuit user horizontal flight at a speed of 200 meters per Combat Turn for a total of up to three minutes (60 Combat Turns). It can only be used once, and must then be discarded.
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

Teknodragon

• Omae
« Reply #22 on: <11-28-11/0143:00> »
Thanks, Mirikon. You beat me to my round tuit.

I wonder, too, if there's hang-gliders statted out somewhere in 4e to compare?
Life is short, the night is long, and we still have ammo.

KarmaInferno

• Ace Runner
« Reply #23 on: <11-28-11/0153:29> »
Yes, just go by tables. Don't look at the descriptions at all. Why would you ever want to do that?

Why would I be looking in WAR for a piece of equipment from Spy Games?

Rargh!

And the prices and availability are different in the two books. Really, they seem to be similar but different pieces of equipment.

-k
« Last Edit: <11-28-11/0157:39> by KarmaInferno »

hobgoblin

• Omae
  • Panda!
« Reply #24 on: <11-28-11/0210:50> »
Thanks, Mirikon. You beat me to my round tuit.

I wonder, too, if there's hang-gliders statted out somewhere in 4e to compare?
There is a Dawnglider in Arsenal, tho the price is high because of its stealth focused design.

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #25 on: <11-28-11/0655:38> »

Why would I be looking in WAR for a piece of equipment from Spy Games?

Rargh!

And the prices and availability are different in the two books. Really, they seem to be similar but different pieces of equipment.

-k

Well, if you read Dr. Cross's notes, you'd know that the airfoil suit is the concealable version of the wingsuit.

My Characters

KarmaInferno

• Ace Runner
« Reply #26 on: <11-28-11/1554:42> »
If they're meant to have the same stats, it couldn't have killed them to add a "see WAR for stats" to the description?

I mean, if you didn't have WAR you would never know.

-k

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #27 on: <11-28-11/1710:12> »
Well, they were experimenting with introducing everything in a narrative format. I kindof liked it.

My Characters

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #28 on: <11-28-11/2205:31> »
Better than Post-Modern Creationist with a splash of Cubism and Surrealism.

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Teyl_Iliar

• Omae
  • Professionals, Don't cross them.
« Reply #29 on: <12-03-11/1752:18> »
Why settle for some old school metal wings when you could instead make it a modification to the Urban explorer jumpsuit? make it so that with the approprate modifications it becomes like a modern day wing suit,  not something you can really "fly" with per say, but it would be useful if you where entering a building via the roof or needed to base jump in somewhere.

The way it would work as I picture it would be like having seams running the length of the body from wrist to ankle on the outside and from the crotch to the ankle on the inside of the legs. (Just like a normal wing suit today.) The material to make the wing part of the suit could be orthoskin like in nature, being flexible and light, but also very strong and adaptable (with Ruthenium polymer coating or anti shock mods). Make the mod so that when not in use the material can slack and be cinched into to a orthoskin sheath so it doesn't encumber the wearer when not in use. If you chameleon coated the whole suit and added the mod you'd be a semi visible flying squirrel :p. You'd need some kind of parachute/slow decent device so that you didn't pancake on landing, but otherwise it'd be a pretty cool modification. Though it would be likely to cost a fair amount...
UB
Brick
speaking
ITF
Slip
speaking
thinking
comm