NEWS

Favorite Non-Shadowrun RPG (Rules and/or Setting)

• 356 Replies

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #345 on: <11-24-11/1135:13> »
Setting up an Airship Pirates game.

Let  you guys know how it goes.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Malex

• Omae
  • Hoy!
« Reply #346 on: <11-24-11/1158:32> »
Setting up an Airship Pirates game.

Let  you guys know how it goes.

It sounds like fun. The title makes me think of Iron Kingdoms.
Look past the lies, and all the scary stuff that remains is the truth.

Netzgeist

• Ace Runner
  • Serpens, nisi serpentem comederit, non fit draco
« Reply #347 on: <11-24-11/1210:35> »
As far as setting go, the nWoD Changeling is really my favorite. Interesting, full of posibilities, quite deep if one's want, and the system mechanics are mostly perfect (there's some weird things, though).

And then, there's Iron Kingdoms, which is quite good (the setting; D&D rules are crap in my opinion, and are not out of tune with the setting).

And Paranoia; since there are times when just shooting traitors dead and laughting a lot of it is not just perfect, it's loyal and proper behavior.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #348 on: <11-24-11/1422:08> »
And Paranoia; since there are times when just shooting traitors dead and laughting a lot of it is not just perfect, it's loyal and proper behavior.
The last demo I ran ended with MEM Sector's rector going critical.

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Smiley

• Omae
  • Full of bad Lulz
« Reply #349 on: <11-24-11/1517:40> »
My top 5 in no particular order:
-Shadowrun
-Legend of the Five Rings
-Vampire the Masquerade
-CJ Carella's Witchcraft
-Exalted
"Fun? Frag yeah! Always is when that involves a bucket full of drek!"
-Smiley

rasmusnicolaj

• Omae
  • Не бойся смерти
« Reply #350 on: <11-28-11/0642:40> »
My top 5:
Earthdawn
Shadowrun
oWoD (Especially Vampire & Mage)
Fireborn
Warhammer

Other games I have played:
Call of Cthulhu, Exalted, Paladium Fantasy, Rifts, GURPS, D&D 1st., AD&D 2nd. D&D 3rd., Drakar och Demoner (Sweedish system), Fusion (Danish System), Ars Magica, SLA (haven't played it much but love the setting), In Nomine, Cult, Starwars D6, Starwars D20, TORG, Amber, Tales, Viking (Danish system), Rolemaster, Paranoia, Serenity, Star Trek, Talislanta, Via Prudensia (Danish System) and probably some I have forgotten down the road.

Regards
Rasmus
Deplore killings made in the name of religion. Can't it just be for fun?

freddieflatline

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
« Reply #351 on: <11-30-11/1742:33> »
My top 5

Shadowrun RPG 4th ed.
Mutants and Masterminds
Rifts
Pathfinder
D6 Star Wars

In no particular order.

RelentlessImp

• Chummer
« Reply #352 on: <12-05-11/2311:23> »

I'm sorry, Citizen, you've violated the terms of the Non-Disclosure Agreement. Please proceed to the nearest Rehabilitation Center and have a nice day. It's mandatory.
Next time you're down on your knees, and you're expecting a slap, it might be me in that mask, and I just might have a bat.
Currently Looking for Work

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #353 on: <12-06-11/1030:15> »
I'm sorry, Citizen, you've violated the terms of the Non-Disclosure Agreement. Please proceed to the nearest Rehabilitation Center and have a nice day. It's mandatory.
Citizen, good news!  Your Rehabilitation term has been reduced!  Please report to Power Station Gamma for your new, important, and honorable new duty as reactor shielding!

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

RelentlessImp

• Chummer
« Reply #354 on: <12-07-11/1753:19> »
Citizen, good news!  Your Rehabilitation term has been reduced!  Please report to Power Station Gamma for your new, important, and honorable new duty as reactor shielding!

I think I want to play Paranoia with you as a GM now...
Next time you're down on your knees, and you're expecting a slap, it might be me in that mask, and I just might have a bat.
Currently Looking for Work

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #355 on: <12-07-11/2025:00> »
Good news, Citizen, your duty as Reactor Shielding has been replaced with even more important job as a Troubleshooter.  However, because of your previous history, you get the honor to handle R&D's Newest Loyalty Enhancer!  Please report to the DocBot outside the reactor room for brain surgery!

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Netzgeist

• Ace Runner
  • Serpens, nisi serpentem comederit, non fit draco
« Reply #356 on: <12-08-11/0845:33> »
Good news, Citizen, your duty as Reactor Shielding has been replaced with even more important job as a Troubleshooter.  However, because of your previous history, you get the honor to handle R&D's Newest Loyalty Enhancer!  Please report to the DocBot outside the reactor room for brain surgery!

What a great number of expendable clones loyal citizens we have here!