NEWS

Balance in Shadowrun

• 41 Replies

JustADude

• Prime Runner
  • Madness? This! Is! A FORUM!
« Reply #30 on: <11-17-11/1844:14> »
5-6 to me doesn't seem like a lot, most runner teams could probably take them out quickly....

Keep in mind, that's 5-6 flesh and blood meta-humans. They'd have 2-3 times that number in drones, and possibly a bound spirit or two on-hand with orders to patrol the facility and neutralize any intruders and/or report to the wage-mage that controls it.

Also, a standard 400 BP Shadowrunner is a scary, spooky dude by the standards of the average joe. A low-security facility would have defenses designed to deter gangers and junkies looking to jack some goods for a quick payday or just screw with the facility for fun.
« Last Edit: <11-17-11/1846:22> by JustADude »
“What is right is not always popular and what is popular is not always right.”
― Albert Einstein

"Being average just means that half of everyone you meet is better than you."
― Me

Mercer

• Chummer
« Reply #31 on: <11-17-11/1854:10> »
Yeah, most low- to mid-security sites don't have guards that can challenge even starting shadowrunners, nor are they meant to.  Those guards are their to patrol, observe and rattle doorknobs.  If they see trolls with heavy machine guns entering the premises they aren't going to engage, they're going to call in the HTR teams and hunker down on held action behind hard cover.  Most security guards are there to delay and contain the runners until SWAT can get there.

This is usually at least a few minutes for most physical teams, although HTR hackers and mages (in astral, with spirits) can respond in combat turns. 

Mason

• Ace Runner
  • You don't know as many spells as I do, omae!
« Reply #32 on: <11-18-11/1152:03> »
THAT'S the flaw in my GMing. My enemies never really bring more than a couple drones, if any!

Noting this down...

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #33 on: <11-18-11/1257:59> »
My group hate-hate-HATES Rotodrones.  Detest them.  Hates them they do!

Especially when I get a low-powered magician with Watcher spirits galore and a commlink to the drones to tell them where the targets are.  You can hide from the sensors, but it's hard to hide YOUR VERY SOULS!!!
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #34 on: <11-18-11/1259:14> »

Especially when I get a low-powered magician with Watcher spirits galore and a commlink to the drones to tell them where the targets are.  You can hide from the sensors, but it's hard to hide YOUR VERY SOULS!!!
That's why most runners get their souls removed early on...

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #35 on: <11-18-11/1301:04> »
Or figure out ways to trick Watchers.  They're not exactly the smartest of spirits...  Tricking Dogbrain Pilot programs is about as easy as well.

*Sighs*  My group wasn't that imaginative, I guess.

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

JustADude

• Prime Runner
  • Madness? This! Is! A FORUM!
« Reply #36 on: <11-18-11/1455:59> »

That's why most runners get their souls removed early on...

My troll, Mr. Soft, had 0.05 Essence. About the same amount of astral glow as a field mouse.  8)
“What is right is not always popular and what is popular is not always right.”
― Albert Einstein

"Being average just means that half of everyone you meet is better than you."
― Me

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #37 on: <11-18-11/1725:42> »
African or european?

Zilfer

• Ace Runner
« Reply #38 on: <11-18-11/1754:37> »
African or european?

Japanese with a headband, and a cyber eye actually....

:P
Having access to Ares Technology isn't so bad, being in a room that's connected to the 'trix with holographic display throughout the whole room isn't bad either. Food, drinks whenever you want it. Over all not bad, but being unable to leave and with a Female Dragon? No Thanks! ~The Captive Man

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #39 on: <11-18-11/1756:41> »
African or european?
Japanese with a headband, and a cyber eye actually....

:P
Was the headband made in Japan or China?  ;D

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Zilfer

• Ace Runner
« Reply #40 on: <11-18-11/1804:35> »
You'll just have to get close enough to find out.... but i wouldn't if i where you.... he's a killer!

(Monty Python anyone?)
Having access to Ares Technology isn't so bad, being in a room that's connected to the 'trix with holographic display throughout the whole room isn't bad either. Food, drinks whenever you want it. Over all not bad, but being unable to leave and with a Female Dragon? No Thanks! ~The Captive Man

Xzylvador

• Prime Runner
  • Ask me about NERPS! 30% Sales!
« Reply #41 on: <11-19-11/1426:30> »
"A 12 gram mouse having the same astral glow as a 300 kilogram troll? That's impossible!"

"Well, they could be Masking."

"Are you suggesting field mice initiate?"

Damned, I got stuck there...