NEWS

Runner's Black Book PDF?

• 28 Replies

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #15 on: <08-16-11/1133:06> »
Now, if it also had better art for the new firearms, I'd complain a whole lot less.  ;)  (Not slamming the artwork in one way, they'd be great...  For a Science-Fiction/Space Opera-style game.  Just not good for realistic firearms.).
They did a full page per weapon in RBB, as opposed to seeing the weapons in the header like Arsenal. And all the pictures are colored! (and no, it wasn't colored by my 4-year-old niece and her crayons. :P)

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #16 on: <08-16-11/1137:02> »
The plan is to update the existing PDFs with corrections and such from Runner's Black Book. I'll be talking to our layout person about when that will happen. I haven't decided if the new material will be made available in PDF.

Jason H.
Thank you, Mr. Hardy.  Now we know, and can gripe about things properly as you work on your decision.
Now, if it also had better art for the new firearms, I'd complain a whole lot less.  ;)  (Not slamming the artwork in one way, they'd be great...  For a Science-Fiction/Space Opera-style game.  Just not good for realistic firearms.).
They did a full page per weapon in RBB, as opposed to seeing the weapons in the header like Arsenal. And all the pictures are colored! (and no, it wasn't colored by my 4-year-old niece and her crayons. :P)
No denying that (Well, maybe the 4-year old niece part.).  But they did full-page per weapon in SSC and FoF as well, and those looked like firearms you'd actually see in an modern/near future action movie (Mostly), not something you'd expect out of Star Wars.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

bigity

• Omae
« Reply #17 on: <08-16-11/1156:02> »
Once again business decisions (or rather, indecision for the time being at least) makes me wary of purchasing SR products. 

I'm going back to Warhammer Fantasy RPG (2nd edition) or something for the time being.  Or maybe it's time to check out Pathfinder or this Eclipse Phase stuff.

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #18 on: <08-16-11/1218:03> »
 ???

Over (9) new weapons...your call I guess.  While I struggle to see why they wouldn't revise the PDF with the new weapons, not sure that decision would be a deciding factor as to whether or not I play the game.

AJC

Zen Shooter

• Newb
« Reply #19 on: <08-16-11/1354:46> »
Mr. Hardy:

Thank you for weighing in. I am very glad to hear that the updates will be applied to the PDFs. And as a long-time customer of this line,  I will feel cheated if the new equipment entries are not made available to those of us who already paid our $40 for the PDFs. Paying hardcopy prices for PDFs that, in the case of Gun Heaven, at least, contain less than 80% of the material that will be in RBB does not make me feel like I have gotten fair value and is no way to treat the first-in-line fans who buy the new PDFs the day they're released.  It makes future PDF releases look like traps.

bigity

• Omae
« Reply #20 on: <08-17-11/2122:07> »
???

Over (9) new weapons...your call I guess.  While I struggle to see why they wouldn't revise the PDF with the new weapons, not sure that decision would be a deciding factor as to whether or not I play the game.

AJC

It's not over 9 weapons from this compilation.  I'm not going to go into them all here but this is just one of the many decisions made lately that I, as a customer, am at odds with. 

You obviously don't have to feel the same way.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #21 on: <08-17-11/2228:42> »
Nice having met you bigity, don't forget to write when you have something positive or constructive to say.  ;D

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Kontact

• Prime Runner
  • You called?
« Reply #22 on: <08-18-11/0447:38> »
I haven't decided if the new material will be made available in PDF.

Jason H.

You probably should.

I know it's extra work just to give people something that they'll hardly ever use, but it still means something to the customers that you're not leaving them out.

Sichr

• Prime Runner
  • TOTÁLNÍ FAŠÍRKA ZMRDI !!!
« Reply #23 on: <08-18-11/0917:20> »

Jason H.

You probably should.

I know it's extra work just to give people something that they'll hardly ever use, but it still means something to the customers that you're not leaving them out.

Now this is something you deserved +1 for. I dont like to pay additional 25USD for flying that book over the Atlantic and for taxes...so PDF is the only choice for me...with a single exception...My Runner Toolkit that arrived yesterday :)

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #24 on: <08-18-11/0954:13> »
It's not over 9 weapons from this compilation.  I'm not going to go into them all here but this is just one of the many decisions made lately that I, as a customer, am at odds with. 

You obviously don't have to feel the same way.

No worries...to each, their own.  ;)

AJC

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #25 on: <08-18-11/1002:14> »

Jason H.
You probably should.

Especially customers that have already bought the product and proven their loyalty.

It's hard to gain a loyal customer, but far too damned easy to lose them.  One of the few things I learned from that worthless business class in College.  (Barely covered the definition of the types of businesses one could found in Ontario, forget the rest of Canada.).

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Zen Shooter

• Newb
« Reply #26 on: <08-18-11/1216:56> »
Absolutely, CanRay. Already bought the PDFs at hardcopy prices, I'd like to repeat.

coolgrafix

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Newb
  • ShadowTool
« Reply #27 on: <11-20-11/0257:20> »
Was there ever a decision about this matter? Just purchased the Runner's Black Book from the BattleShop and found it very curious that there was no PDF of the product available. As far as I can tell this is the only print product with no PDF counterpart (though I am aware the original material was developed as PDF-only).

Was curious what it was about this particular product that would prevent a PDF being made available.

Any official insight?

Thanks!
"Are you suggesting that Mr. Johnson may not be telling us the truth?" --Domino, May 13, 2070

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #28 on: <11-20-11/1202:21> »
Was there ever a decision about this matter? Just purchased the Runner's Black Book from the BattleShop and found it very curious that there was no PDF of the product available. As far as I can tell this is the only print product with no PDF counterpart (though I am aware the original material was developed as PDF-only).

Was curious what it was about this particular product that would prevent a PDF being made available.

Any official insight?

Thanks!
I'm not official, but I got the answer a number of times.

This book is a series of what was previously PDF-Only miniproducts, now combined together into one package.  The smaller size, hardcover, and improved art in "This Old Drone" has made me happy to buy it, but I still wish they had redone the artwork in Gun Haven Heaven.

So, if you want the PDF of this, you'd have to get Gun Haven Heaven, This Old Drone, MilSpecTech, Unfriendly Waters, and Deadly Skies.

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Register