NEWS

So you just finished a successful run...now what?

• 106 Replies

Kat9

« on: <11-08-11/2344:36> »
So as the idea two heads are better than one goes, I thought I'd start up what I hope is a unique thread.

You just finished a run, things went okay but the corps are still a little warm. Its not hot, like they're hunting you down but you need to be low key. What do you do?

For my Street Sam, after a run I switch out the barrels and of my pistols. That changes their ballistics information. I get rid of my throw away SINs, and get new ones. Street armor is scrapped in good will bins, new armor is bought and cleaned (RFIDs, wireless removed). Comlink is scrubbed, or replaced depending on if we have a hacker/technomancer on hand or not. A new haircut, and maybe a new hairdye (I wear a ballistic mask on a run). Supposedly facial recognition works can catch you by your eyes so I have protective covers over my cybereyes and I download a new "skin" for my eyes to give them a new look. I figure they might see my hair so another style/color couldn't hurt to give me that little edge.

So how about you guys, what little precautions/paranoia do your characters regularly indulge in and why did you develop it?

Hopefully this will be a fun thread for everyone.

Cheers,
Kat9.

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #1 on: <11-09-11/0832:10> »
Erased. Takes care of so many potential problems.

Also, if the case is high profile enough, use contacts to have evidence 'lost' or tainted.
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

raggedhalo

• Omae
« Reply #2 on: <11-09-11/1030:51> »
I always think that the problem with this stuff is that characters end up living their life as shadowrunners 24/7. No downtime, just the jobs and their consequences. Recipe for mental illness, if you ask me...

All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy and all that...
Joe Rooney
Freelancer (Missions and otherwise: here's my stuff, plus CMP 2011-05 Burn Notice)

My Obsidian Portal profile

squee_nabob

• Chummer
« Reply #3 on: <11-09-11/1108:01> »
Return to my abandoned missile silo outside of Denver surrounded by the best security money can buy where I sleep in Milspec armor in a Rigger Cocoon in a Wuxing Hussar, in a Conostoga Wagon.

Barracuda_Kali

• Newb
« Reply #4 on: <11-09-11/1200:50> »
Depends on the run. Operation that needed armor? Pick an abandoned house that has no connection to me out in the barrens and live there for about two to six weeks. Erase and reapply RFID tags, if necessary. No one saw my face because I wore nanopaste under my helmet. Everyone on my team had the same generic gray/black flat colors for their armor, but then, so do most. Hard to tell which group of four runners with a troll that was. Operation that didn't need armor? Don't step foot in the corp's territories for a few weeks.

If the run went sour? It's rare, but when it happens, skip town. Chicago's a good choice. Dump and restart everything.

Simagal

• Chummer
  • Credo Quia Absurdum
« Reply #5 on: <11-09-11/1420:56> »
See how fast I can spend the nuyen. Faster cars, biggers guns, sharper knives, cigars and scotch.
Andrew Grim

TheWanderingJewels

• Omae
« Reply #6 on: <11-09-11/1439:02> »
Seattle Hawks games, As much Glinnfiddich and Glinlivit as I can stand, and bankroll for later bad craziness
Tech dreams of organic toys
And I'm runnin' out on the edge
Soft screams of the rockerboys
Echoing through my head

--Miracle Of Sound, City Of Night

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #7 on: <11-09-11/1445:06> »
Joytoys and cheep booze, and lots of each!
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Irian

• Omae
« Reply #8 on: <11-09-11/1447:21> »
I'll go with Simagal: See how fast you can spend the money, that's what you did the whole run for... Who cares about next week if you can make this week a great time? :-)
GMTool - PreAlpha released (also on SourceForge)
Random Ramblings about Shadowrun (german only)

The Cat

• Chummer
« Reply #9 on: <11-09-11/1453:27> »
In most games I run, the mission isn't over until you've covered your tracks.  That would be the barrel swaps, evidence elimination, and the like.  After that, as long as they didn't bring a whole lot of heat down in the job, they can "relax" (In as much as a runner ever can relax) and lay low (either in city or taking a "vacation" outside the city to a regular hideyhole)for a week or two (a month or two on really big jobs) and let what heat there was die off completely.

Zilfer

• Ace Runner
« Reply #10 on: <11-09-11/1608:56> »
That's a cuban cigar right? XD It may not be illegal anymore :P
Having access to Ares Technology isn't so bad, being in a room that's connected to the 'trix with holographic display throughout the whole room isn't bad either. Food, drinks whenever you want it. Over all not bad, but being unable to leave and with a Female Dragon? No Thanks! ~The Captive Man

Barracuda_Kali

• Newb
« Reply #11 on: <11-09-11/1640:59> »
What is it with all the barrel swaps? The cops can't match a bullet to a barrel unless they have your gun and you didn't clean it before they got to it.

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #12 on: <11-09-11/1753:00> »
Not true, man. Cleaning the barrel just removes the residue. The barrel's rifling (the grooves inside that make the bullet spin, and thus stay on target and go further) leaves distinctive marks on the round as it is fired. Each one is unique. It is like fingerprints for guns.
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

Zilfer

• Ace Runner
« Reply #13 on: <11-09-11/1821:04> »
Not true, man. Cleaning the barrel just removes the residue. The barrel's rifling (the grooves inside that make the bullet spin, and thus stay on target and go further) leaves distinctive marks on the round as it is fired. Each one is unique. It is like fingerprints for guns.

So you have to change the barrel each time? Or you know of course pick up your gun rounds. :D

Didn't think you'd have to go THAT far.

Though I really don't think i'd have this problem... I'm pretty sure a Slivergun probably doesn't have that much rifling eh?
Having access to Ares Technology isn't so bad, being in a room that's connected to the 'trix with holographic display throughout the whole room isn't bad either. Food, drinks whenever you want it. Over all not bad, but being unable to leave and with a Female Dragon? No Thanks! ~The Captive Man

Simagal

• Chummer
  • Credo Quia Absurdum
« Reply #14 on: <11-09-11/1827:59> »
If your so worried about your barrel, melt the whole thing to slag and dump the lump in the barrens.
Andrew Grim

Register