NEWS

My New Shadowrun Character - Need some pointers

• 17 Replies

Katrex

• Chummer
« Reply #15 on: <11-09-11/0036:18> »
Given my previous post this would be my version of a revised charecter sheet. The theme of your charecter based on items was someone who could get in and out of anywhere. and someone who could stealthily track anyone.  Note i've built  her so that she doesn't stand out on the cyber front,
other than wired reflexes that you can turn off. And i've dramaticly improved her combat ability. I got bored so you have a couple of k left over to spend get vision and audio enhancement on contacts and earbuds etc.

As for the genetics, genemasking is amazing for your type of charecter, i got it for "free" with the quality which saves on 9bp of  nuyen and 5 bp restricted gear, and then gives 20% of further trans gen, I took advantage of this and got the other genetic qulity for a total of -40% at charecter gen on transgen and then went shoping, If you want to drop some stuff for more bio/cyber but if you ever were going to go for genetics this is how you would.
Also note how we use restricted gear to buy stats and thus can reduce our stats acordingly and spend the bp in other stats

Sugested purchases for later in game, atention coprocesor for +3 perception, muscle augmentation, cerebral booster

Katana 15(16)(can be used to dodge in melee), Ingram 20(21)
Ranged gymnastic dodge 15, perception 13
Climb 4 tracking 7, hardware 8,

400 - Start
210 - Attributes
134 - Skills
  50 - Gear (265000¥)
  6 - Contacts

2 - TOTAL

Name: Elisa Blythe
Alias: Kensi
Race: Human
Sex: Female
Nationality: Japenese
Lifestyle: Middle
Karma Spent: 0
Physical Description:

Attributes

B: 4(5)      C: 2
A: 5(10)      I: 5
R: 4(9)      L: 3
S: 1(2)            W: 3
Edge: 4

Essence: 1.9
Initiative: 14 (+1 dice)
Initiative Passes: 3
Physical Damage Track:
Stun Damage Track:

Positive Qualities
Blandness, restricted gear ,Restricted gear, genecrafted, genetic heritage
Negative Qualities
Incompetent (First Aid), Mild Allergy: Gold, Sensitive Neural Structure, weak immune system, in debt 15000

Active Skills
Stealth 4 (40 BP) (you have to ask yourself are you really going to use disguise and palming, i've always seen these as skills you need a high charisma to make the most use of)
Climbing 1 (4BP)
Gymnastics 4 (16BP) (if you need to run you're probably fucked anyway)
Longarms  6(8) (26 BP)
Perception 3 (12 BP)
Blades 4 (16 BP)
Tracking 1 (4BP)
Hardware 4 (16BP)

Knowledge Skills ([Logic + Intuition] x 3 free points)
Corporate Politics: 3
Finances: 2
Safe Houses: 3
Security Systems: 2
Pole Dancing (Hobby): 3

Language Skills
Japanese: N
English: 3
French: 2
German: 2
Spanish: 2
Manderin: 2

Gear 32000
Armor total encumbrance 10/10, actual armor 13/11
200 Shin guards    0/1
150 forarm guards 0/1
300 Balistic mask  1/2
200 Leg casing       0/1
1600 Form fitting body armor 6/2 coutns as 3/1
10000 Chameleon Suit [-4 to Perception tests to see the Wearer, B6, I4 w/ Thermal Damping Rating 4]

2000 Area Jammer Rating 4
250 Gekko Tape Gloves
150 respirator 6
670 Grapple Gun [w/Climbing Gear, 200m of Stealth Rope]
300    Lockpick Set
25     Wire Clippers
1200 Autopicker Rating 6
1000 2 Small Containers of Nanopaste Disguise
3000 Fake SIN Rating 3 (Mary Parker)
1000 Fake SIN Rating 1 (Kelly Sheen)
5000, 1 Month of Middle Lifestyle
5000, Comlink (remember you arn't a hacker you don't have to be scared of losing a comlink, if your comlink gets compromised you can just destroy it, or load it with a fake sin put a few hundred nuyen on it and give it to some begger and tell him to go wild. Disposable comlinks!)

WEAPONS:  10000
Katana 1000,
1 custom sniper 8p -3ap SA, Easy breakdown, chamelion coating silencer (8000¥),
Ingram smartgun customised for 5 recoil comp 1000
Cyberware 52000 2.6
Reaction enhancers 20000 0.6
wired reflexes 2 32000 2

Bioware 77000 (2.4)1.2
Superthyroid gland (45000)   0.7
Muscle toner (32000) 0.8

Geneware,93000
Normal -20%
Genetic optimisation Agility 36000 0.2
Free from quality - Genewipe leave no evidence for ritual sorcery or electronic records.
Transgen -40%
Neo epo (15,000) + 1 on athletics and fatigue tests 0.2
Pushed (9000) +1 logic linked skill tests  0.1
Qualia (15000) +1 intuition linked tests 0.4
Synch (18000) +1 on combat after enemies first action, + 1 perception 0.4

Nanoware
Contacts
Fixer (Connection 4/Loyalty 2)

Build Point totals:  394/400
[/quote]

Tsuzua

• Omae
« Reply #16 on: <11-09-11/1152:57> »
Or you could do something harkening back to SR3 and make SMGs its own skill.

That would be a terrible idea.  You'll just have everyone not use SMGs since it'll cost the price of any other skill and thus extremely overpriced.

I will admit that where to put SMGs after removing Automatics was troublesome.  I went with longarms since then longarms has a concealable option that isn't as concealable as the Pistols groups, but enough that if you went longarms alone you could survive.  Otherwise, you'll really want to get Pistols as well.  But if you've got Pistols, why not cut out the middle man and get Heavy Weapons for your heavy combat needs.

Edit- If you care about the German Errata, you can't take genecrafted and genetic heritage together.  Then again I'm not sure how much it matters. 
« Last Edit: <11-09-11/1345:39> by Tsuzua »

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #17 on: <11-09-11/1328:29> »
Or you could do something harkening back to SR3 and make SMGs its own skill.

That would be a terrible idea.  You'll just have everyone not use SMGs since it'll cost the price of any other skill and thus extremely overpriced.

I will admit that where to put SMGs after removing Automatics was troublesome.  I went with longarms since then longarms has a concealable option that isn't as concealable as the Pistols groups, but enough that if you went longarms alone you could survive.  Otherwise, you'll really want to get Pistols as well.  But if you've got Pistols, why not could out the middle man and get Heavy Weapons for your heavy combat needs.

Edit- If you care about the German Errata, you can't take genecrafted and genetic heritage together.  Then again I'm not sure how much it matters.

On the first note, okay, I can see where you're coming from on SMGs.

On the "Edit", I'll say what I honestly think. If you're not using the German books with the German Errata, that same German Errata does not apply to you because it hasn't been released anywhere else. Those of us here in the US should just use what we have either as written or with the errata that HAS been released here. Nothing else applies.
(SR5) Homebrew Archetypes

Tangled Currents (Persistent): 33 Karma, 60,000 nuyen