NEWS

Immortals

• 110 Replies

kirk

• Omae
« Reply #60 on: <11-05-11/1824:09> »
Yeah the "What was your most 'out of left field' reason for locking a thread?" award.

Elsewhere, the infamous flamewars are on tipping, Bigfoot, Michelle Kwan, and mayonaese.

The most odd was probably one about Fraggles. It was a happy thread, taking about chlldhood memories, and then one poster pops up with a RAGING HATE-ON for Mokey Fraggle, who wants to rape and dismember.

Needless to say, that was a bit of a shock.

Gradually, it turns out that, no, not trolling, he just is filled with boiling rage for this muppet and wants to destroy it in terrible, terrible ways.

Thread winds up locked, but it's still one of those that you look back on and go, "Dubya tee eff, mate?"
True, the fraggles weren't that big a deal.

Now if he'd raged against Elmo I might have been a quiet supporter. I mean, rape is a bit far, but dismemberment? sure.

... Oh, did I say that out loud?

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #61 on: <11-05-11/1832:33> »
Elmo knows where you liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiive!!!
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

beowulf_of_wa

• Omae
  • just say no to rotary assault cannons and bubba.
« Reply #62 on: <11-05-11/2318:39> »
worse, elmo knows when you're asleep.
Carpe Noctem (seize the night)
Carpe per Diem (seize the pay), Carpe Dentum (seize the teeth), Carpe Denim (seize the pants)
Carpe Panem (seize the bread/capital)

no, i won't "just get over it."

NERPS!! for idiocy! NERPS!! for the minty fresh feeling! NERPS!! for gods! NERPS!! for guard duty!

Phylos Fett

• Omae
  • Kind-of A Freelancer...
« Reply #63 on: <11-06-11/0154:31> »
Why do I all of a sudden have this urge to play a Muppet RPG...

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #64 on: <11-06-11/0159:11> »
Shadowrunning, Avenue Q style?

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Phylos Fett

• Omae
  • Kind-of A Freelancer...
« Reply #65 on: <11-06-11/0124:11> »
I was thinking more Meet the Feebles, actually.

Xzylvador

• Prime Runner
  • Ask me about NERPS! 30% Sales!
« Reply #66 on: <11-06-11/1805:56> »
So.... is there also an award for "Oddest Thread Derailment", or can anyone explain to me the link between 'Immortals lying low', 'the 100 year war', 'God's amazing sniper skills' and 'sesame street' in a single in a single coherent phrase? That's a nice collection of topics in a thread only 5 pages long.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #67 on: <11-06-11/1848:38> »
More like God's Artillery Skills...  Lightning isn't exactly a precise thing.  ;D

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

ARC

• Omae
« Reply #68 on: <11-06-11/1926:27> »
So.... is there also an award for "Oddest Thread Derailment", or can anyone explain to me the link between 'Immortals lying low', 'the 100 year war', 'God's amazing sniper skills' and 'sesame street' in a single in a single coherent phrase? That's a nice collection of topics in a thread only 5 pages long.

What can I say we're talented.  At least we didn't throw racial, political, or religious differences in there.
Living the Electronic Dream

Wakshaani

• Ace Runner
« Reply #69 on: <11-07-11/0114:39> »

What can I say we're talented.  At least we didn't throw racial, political, or religious differences in there.

I think I can work out a rant about Mithra-worshipping Oompa Loompas and the outsourcing of confectionary jobs, if you really want.

Otherwise, I wonder if anyone recalls the name of the Dwarf that might be an Immortal? I know that no Orks or Trolls can lay claim to it, but I know that there was one, and only one, Dwarf who might.

Mind you, there aren't a lot of Dwarf-centric plots out there. Everybody overlooks the little guys.

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #70 on: <11-07-11/0148:23> »
Mind you, there aren't a lot of Dwarf-centric plots out there. Everybody overlooks the little guys.

Unless they stand on a box.
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

Digital_Viking

• Omae
« Reply #71 on: <11-07-11/0751:49> »
More like God's Artillery Skills...  Lightning isn't exactly a precise thing.  ;D
Only when wielded by amateurs
« Last Edit: <11-07-11/0903:28> by Digital_Viking »
"Which is better and which is worse,I wonder - To understand or to not understand?"
"Understanding is always worse. To not understand is to never carry the burden of responsibility. Understanding is pain. But anything less is unacceptable."

Wakshaani

• Ace Runner
« Reply #72 on: <11-07-11/0844:46> »

Unless they stand on a box.

Christmas
Got a Dwarf on a box.
Hanukkah
Got a Dwarf on a box.
Kwanzaa
Got a Dwarf on a box.
Every single holiday it's a Dwarf on a box!

Fizzygoo

• Omae
« Reply #73 on: <11-20-11/1954:23> »

This is obviously not a derailment but a carefully orchestrated plan on the part of IE's to reveal the truth to those who would seek it out.

The immortals laid low until the 100 years war which was when the (dark) god(s) began sniping at them to force them out in the open, but by using muppets the IEs were able to psychologically prepare mortals for accepting their upcoming return. "le duh."
Member of the ITA gaming podcast, including live Shadowrun 5th edition games: On  iTunes and Podbay

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #74 on: <11-21-11/0101:05> »
Christmas
Got a Dwarf on a box.
Hanukkah
Got a Dwarf on a box.
Kwanzaa
Got a Dwarf on a box.
Every single holiday it's a Dwarf on a box!
Halloween
The Dwarf got a rock.  ;D

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Register