NEWS

Arrested by the FBI

• 36 Replies

Walks Through Walls

• Ace Runner
« Reply #15 on: <10-18-11/0622:38> »
Wastedwalker, Well said. That was what I was trying to say, but didn't do it nearly as well as you did. I also like the idea of the added flaw of records on file it is very fitting. It could even be that only some people have access to the file as I suggested in my first post, but the flaw would still fit. That and it by itself could be a great hook for a couple adventures.

"Walking through walls isn't tough..... if you know where the doors are."
"It's not being seen that is the trick."

Walks Through Walls

wastedwalker

« Reply #16 on: <10-18-11/0829:17> »
I would have thought that entering a Federal Building with a Fake SIN would be like trying to enter a country with a fake passport. Very Bad Things would happen...

Currently it is a federal offense doing it, it leads to a LOT of fun time in a place with a lot of bad people.

Taking the shadowrun world into consideration where people are used as runners the second a corp or such can get them, it would be likely the team would be tracked, have their records placed and then sent off to do runs on the basis they have no choice and may not even be paid.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #17 on: <10-18-11/1219:59> »
Currently it is a federal offense doing it, it leads to a LOT of fun time in a place with a lot of bad people.
"Bubba The Love Troll Wants You!"
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Black

• Ace Runner
  • Rocking the Shadows since 1990
« Reply #18 on: <10-18-11/2213:24> »
Going with the released but on an unpaid mission for the Feds idea...  another question in relation to all this...  One of the runners have the erased quality at the highest level.  I have the feeling that he will assume that the FBI electronic records will get whiped as well.  But I think the physical samples will remain?
Perception molds reality
Change perception and reality will follow
SR1+SR2+SR3++SR4+hb+++B?UB+IE+W+sa+m-gmM--P

Zilfer

• Ace Runner
« Reply #19 on: <10-18-11/2242:15> »
Going with the released but on an unpaid mission for the Feds idea...  another question in relation to all this...  One of the runners have the erased quality at the highest level.  I have the feeling that he will assume that the FBI electronic records will get whiped as well.  But I think the physical samples will remain?

If you read the fine print it says "All but the most secure systems."

Which could mean the FBI or a Triple AAA database. Or it could be a database cut off from the matrix. An internal network unable to be accessed from the outside. Instead of wireless everything could also be wired for added protection.

The physical data should be fine as long as it isn't entered into a computer system and filed somewhere. :P
Having access to Ares Technology isn't so bad, being in a room that's connected to the 'trix with holographic display throughout the whole room isn't bad either. Food, drinks whenever you want it. Over all not bad, but being unable to leave and with a Female Dragon? No Thanks! ~The Captive Man

ARC

• Omae
« Reply #20 on: <10-18-11/2308:05> »

Which could mean the FBI or a Triple AAA database. Or it could be a database cut off from the matrix. An internal network unable to be accessed from the outside. Instead of wireless everything could also be wired for added protection.

The physical data should be fine as long as it isn't entered into a computer system and filed somewhere. :P

Just because the records of the samples aren't there, doesn't mean that the samples are gone.  Once in a game session have the player roll an edge roll if they glitch, someone has found their file and re-entered it into the database.  If they critically glitch, they have put the information out as an alert and if they get caught, they are actively looking for them because obviously they had something to do with their info being removed.  If they get caught within the time, they are taken into custody and grilled about why their information was removed.  If not, then nothing happens.
Living the Electronic Dream

Zilfer

• Ace Runner
« Reply #21 on: <10-18-11/2349:33> »

Just because the records of the samples aren't there, doesn't mean that the samples are gone.  Once in a game session have the player roll an edge roll if they glitch, someone has found their file and re-entered it into the database.  If they critically glitch, they have put the information out as an alert and if they get caught, they are actively looking for them because obviously they had something to do with their info being removed.  If they get caught within the time, they are taken into custody and grilled about why their information was removed.  If not, then nothing happens.

Wow Arc. If your Rept continues like that you'll be in league with the highest low rep people around. Anyways yeah that sounds like an interesting idea to roll an edge roll.
Having access to Ares Technology isn't so bad, being in a room that's connected to the 'trix with holographic display throughout the whole room isn't bad either. Food, drinks whenever you want it. Over all not bad, but being unable to leave and with a Female Dragon? No Thanks! ~The Captive Man

ARC

• Omae
« Reply #22 on: <10-19-11/0126:21> »

Wow Arc. If your Rept continues like that you'll be in league with the highest low rep people around. Anyways yeah that sounds like an interesting idea to roll an edge roll.

**Cue's Limbo music** How low can it go, how low can it go?

Seriously though, think about it, the print cards are on file, there might not be any reference to why the cards are on file but they might just come across them and put them back in the comp. It would be erased within the alloted time but if it just happens to be that day that they were put in...
Living the Electronic Dream

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #23 on: <10-19-11/1302:05> »
And files never get misfiled, eh?   8)

I was a clerk for a small provincial government office, and was often tasked with finding things in the old cards.  (And I mean OLD!) which had been moved a dozen or so times from office-to-office.  I had a, oh, 40% success rate, which was twice what my supervisor had previously been able to do (And, as there was only three of us...).

Ah, being a cog in a machine...   ::)

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

wastedwalker

« Reply #24 on: <10-19-11/1313:27> »
And files never get misfiled, eh?   8)

I was a clerk for a small provincial government office, and was often tasked with finding things in the old cards.  (And I mean OLD!) which had been moved a dozen or so times from office-to-office.  I had a, oh, 40% success rate, which was twice what my supervisor had previously been able to do (And, as there was only three of us...).

Ah, being a cog in a machine...   ::)

Go with the edge, once a campaign have them roll and keep score, After two or so glitches or less for critical glitches, have the records be found but when they are entered into the system the erased quality should be put against the files since they are now in the realm of the quality. If the quality wins the matrix information is moved on and the files that were put in again fall into the filed away. But should the player get pinched in the 24 hours or the week that it takes for the erased to work they can be in custody when the files vanish. Now how would it look if you were in jail for something but there is now no record of it. You can get lost in the system that way, you never get released because there is no record of you being there.

Black

• Ace Runner
  • Rocking the Shadows since 1990
« Reply #25 on: <10-26-11/2053:39> »
Thanks everyone.
I went with the job offer and now my team is down in Denver tracking down the sale of a dirty bomb. With the various 'issues' related to a UCAS federal officer being caught in the wrong sector in the wrong way, it was felt that a team of shadowrunners which included a Denver native whose a PI, a black market weapons dealer and a few other expend skilled independents, would be a better idea.
Of course, now half the team is trying to convince the other half that selling the weapon themselves is a better idea then working for the Feds...  But that's a different issue.
 ;D
Perception molds reality
Change perception and reality will follow
SR1+SR2+SR3++SR4+hb+++B?UB+IE+W+sa+m-gmM--P

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #26 on: <10-26-11/2221:19> »
"So, we need to find a bomb that's been rolled in the garbage?"

"No, Mungo, for the dozenth time, it's a traditional bomb that has nuclear material strapped to it."

"Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...  So, it's completely clean, like, Mr. Sterile clean?"

"Mungo...  How is it that I'm the Troll, you're the Elf, AND I'M THE SMART ONE?"

"You had a SIN and went to school?"

"Yeah...  That's it.  I also apparently wasn't raised on a diet of paint chips."

"Blue was my favorite!"

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Zilfer

• Ace Runner
« Reply #27 on: <10-27-11/1809:03> »
^wow..... and Mungo?

Fallout much?

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #28 on: <10-27-11/1822:59> »

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...