Shadowrun Play > Rules and such

Samurai Traditions?

(1/8) > >>

Devil:
I was wondering if anyone could do me a favor. I'm building a character who uses magic, but I wont have Street Magic until next week at the earliest. Could someone please post any traditions that would be suitable for a an awakened samurai?

anotherJack:
Is it a mage or an adept ?
Then secondth step, I think it could be great to read a little about what samurai's traditions really are, because it's really not so cool and fun than what the clichés say.
Particularly in the shadowrun world.

FastJack:

--- Quote from: Street Magic, Table o' Contents ---Alternate Magical Traditions35The Aboriginal Tradition35The Aztec Tradition35Black Magic36The Buddhist Tradition36Chaos Magic37Christian Theurgy37The Druidic Tradition38The Hindu Tradition38The Islamic Tradition39The Norse Tradition39The Path of the Wheel40The Qabbalistic Tradition40The Shinto Tradition41Traditional or Hedge Witchcraft41The Voodoo Tradition42The Wiccan Tradition42The Wuxing Tradition43The Zoroastrian Tradition43
--- End quote ---

I'd probably go with Shinto:

--- Quote from: Street Magic, p. 41 ---Shinto magic originates in the relationship between the practitioner and the kami, spirits that invest every aspect of the world. It primarily concerns itself with ensuring that the practitioner acts in harmony with the kami spirits, with magic being a natural extension of this harmony.
--- End quote ---

anotherJack:
Buddhist could apply too. If I'm not wrong, both religions were and are practiced in japanese society.

--- Quote ---the buddhist tradition
Concept: Magic springs from personal self-development along the path towards enlightenment, as revealed to the student by the master and as a method to understand the true nature of existence.
--- End quote ---

FastJack:
True, Buddhism has spread through much of Asia and the world.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version