NEWS

Infrno

• 60 Replies

Talmonis

• Newb
« Reply #15 on: <08-30-11/0926:12> »
Sounds good. When did you want to start?

Talmonis

• Newb
« Reply #16 on: <08-30-11/0926:50> »
Also, what kind of game do you intend to run? (So I can build appropriately)

TheCommanders

• Newb
« Reply #17 on: <08-31-11/0033:59> »
Testimonial Time:

I read this post, headed over to the infrno site, and within a week I had a group and a weekly game set up. I'm currently gm'ing a game for 5 players, and it's going well so far. If other gm's are interested and go over there, I'm definetly up for playing in a game as well, and there are a bunch more players still interested that I couldn't accommodate in my game. So take my word for it, it's a good site ; )

Cheers
-TheCommanders

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #18 on: <08-31-11/1100:15> »
Will be out of commission this Saturday (and the next)...in transit to Europe for business next week... :(

AJC

Talmonis

• Newb
« Reply #19 on: <08-31-11/1238:20> »
It's all good for me man, I'm going to the beach for labor day weekend. After that I'm free until mid-late october (a wedding).

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #20 on: <09-01-11/0749:50> »
I'm in a similar situation, once I get through the next week (and crappy weekend flights), I'm pretty clean through mid-October (when I have to head back again and lose another couple of weekends >:( ).

AJC

John Schmidt

• Omae
« Reply #21 on: <09-01-11/2131:30> »
Welcome to John's little universe. In this universe I routinely get sidetracked by projects. The latest being an interview for YouTube which saw me traveling through PA. Anyway...sorry about spacing this for the last little bit. I am trying to keep on top of everything.  :o

Let us reconvene middle of next week!  :)
It's not the one with your name on it; it's the one addressed "to whom it may concern" you've got to think about.

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #22 on: <09-01-11/2236:31> »
Central PA...interesting as I'm down in York...small world ;D

AJC

magmcbride

• Newb
« Reply #23 on: <09-01-11/2317:06> »

AJC

I'm in the Hagerstown, MD area as well. My father's work is in Carlisle.  =)

But more on topic, this Infrno dealie seems pretty cool! Does anyone have a review/opinion of their virtual game table?

Talmonis

• Newb
« Reply #24 on: <09-02-11/1516:08> »
I know that the dice roller works. Other than that not much experience with it.

On another note, what's everyone looking to play?

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #25 on: <09-02-11/1541:30> »
Likely a steet sam-type, more shooter than hth.

AJC

TheKing

• Newb
« Reply #26 on: <09-03-11/2214:02> »
Are you still recruiting?

TheKing

• Newb
« Reply #27 on: <09-03-11/2231:04> »

AJC

I'm in the Hagerstown, MD area as well. My father's work is in Carlisle.  =)

But more on topic, this Infrno dealie seems pretty cool! Does anyone have a review/opinion of their virtual game table?

You serious? I am in Thurmont!

TheCommanders

• Newb
« Reply #28 on: <09-04-11/0649:37> »

So far I've gm'ed for two games using their virtual table app (still in development, I talked briefly with one of the creators) and my opinion is generally positive:

PROs
-All video and audio feeds available at the side, with adjusters for each individual
-Interface has a grid function
-Allows for the upload of images
-Dice roller functional
-Has a set of insertable pre-rendered shapes

CONs
-No copy/paste function (annoying if you want to quickly place out an environment using the pre-rendered shapes)
-Layering of objects is hard to judge
-Can only adjust items by one layer at a time
-Shapes are not very exact; when enlarged the edges are not straight (not really intended to be, but lacking a copy/paste function, would require multiple uploads to construct an exact environment on the fly)

In summary, it works, but like all the map tools and online gaming mediums I've used thus far, has a number of drawbacks. Some of these arise from the inconsistency of the ping of individual members of the gaming group, but a few are simply problems with the interface that a bit more work and polish could iron out. But hey, as a site that allows gamers to both find a group, and play in the same location, it's the best I've found so far.

Maretocks

• Newb
« Reply #29 on: <09-04-11/1315:08> »
Still room in this game?