NEWS

[IC] Out of the Frying Pan

• 554 Replies

Redwulfe

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
« Reply #540 on: <08-26-11/0807:56> »
Shotozumi-san looks at B.B. and then to the group in general, he seems to be contemplating what was said and then says.
It seems to me that  questions of loyalty are the roots of this tree. Do you follow the man who hired you or the man he hired you for? Before you answer this think carefully and seek the council of those more able than yourself, and my council would be that you do not worry yourselves with the foolish nature of the hiring but with the words that where chosen in acquiring your employment. Serve your true master and this loyalty will be greatly rewarded.
There are 10 kinds of people in this world, those who understand binary and those who don't

Red

*Play-by-Post color guide*
Thinking
com
speaking

Kontact

• Prime Runner
  • You called?
« Reply #541 on: <08-26-11/2118:44> »
<<@team:>> Sorry guys.  The goons out there have over a million nuyen worth of augs crammed into each of them.  Besides, I think this guy keeps too close an eye on his daughter for us to slip any deceit past him.

"Your council is very sound and I would be foolish not to follow it, but it must be said that my hypothetical question was simply intended to determine your true identity.  I would not want to risk my life or Kiko's life by loosing my tongue unwisely.  Without an answer to that question, I'm afraid I can not directly answer any questions regarding our presence, for the safety of all parties involved.  I do hope you understand.  Perhaps you have other questions which you think may satisfy you?  Please ask them, as it would be unseemly for me to simply volunteer my poor opinion of someone like Sato Kanaga without prompting."

Redwulfe

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
« Reply #542 on: <08-28-11/0021:16> »
The older man looks at you as if he is looking into you. a man was walking in the jungle when he heard a sound behind him, he turned and there sat a tiger. Fearing for his life he ran and the tiger chased him. Ahead of him he saw the edge of the trees and when he crossed out of the jungle he found himself on the edge of a cliff. Frantically he climbed down the side and as he looked up he saw the tiger staring down at him. He continued to climb but as he glanced to the ground below he saw another tiger emerge from the jungle. A tiger above and a tiger below, the man rested on a branch jutting out from the side of the cliff. The branch was sagging and starting to creak with a noise he knew ment he was not long for this world. As he sat there waiting he saw two mice, one black and one white scurry into a hole, looking from wince they came he saw a single strawberry hanging from the branch. He reached out and took the berry. As the tigers waited he took a bite and realized how sweet it was.

You may leave now, but before you go, know that you already knew the answer to your question. It is unfortunate that there are no strawberries for you.

With that the door to the night sky opens.

@operator
you pull up to the town house just in time to see a man dress in a tailored suit open the door to a stretched night sky.
« Last Edit: <08-28-11/0023:37> by Redwulfe »
There are 10 kinds of people in this world, those who understand binary and those who don't

Red

Thinking
com
speaking

Operator

• Omae
  • We own the night!
« Reply #543 on: <08-28-11/1221:45> »
<@Team> I am here, and I can't fault your choice of words if he's got that much to spend on his closest retainers. There's not even a tenth of that figure in my own meat.

Operator waited, looking briefly towards the Nightsky limo.

Ethan

• Omae
« Reply #544 on: <08-28-11/1547:53> »
Nadir bowed and left the limo without looking back. He steps away and heaves a sigh of relief, unashamedly.

Kontact

• Prime Runner
  • You called?
« Reply #545 on: <08-29-11/0246:31> »
Brian exited the limo and turned to the man at the door.
"If we should see Kiko, is there anything we should pass on to her?"

Redwulfe

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
« Reply #546 on: <08-30-11/1024:18> »
The man looks at you and then towards the limo, The fact that you may find her before us is the only thing keeping alive currently, I would tell her to be a dutiful daughter and come home. the man then waits for the others to exit.
« Last Edit: <08-30-11/1026:14> by Redwulfe »

Red

Thinking
com
speaking

Kontact

• Prime Runner
  • You called?
« Reply #547 on: <08-31-11/0642:51> »
B.B. continued on in English.  "Sure thing boss.  I was thinking more along the lines of a sign of our intention.  A flag to fly.  Something to help avoid misunderstandings when we find her.  Way she left things meant she was running, and you don't run unless you expect to be chased." 

Redwulfe

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
« Reply #548 on: <08-31-11/0859:44> »
The man looks shocked. A sign of your intention? What the dreck do you think is going on here? Shotozumi-san gets a call that some lowlifes are in his daughters home, after she disappears and one of his favored men, who was in line to marry her and take over the family, is dead. He comes here wondering what you are doing here and you tell him to basically slot it because you don't think he is who he says he is, when he asks you politely to explain yourself. Shotozumi-san does not need to prove his identity, you need to prove your intentions so he doesn't kill you. That's how it works not the other way around. You tell him that your loyalty lies with that shark Kanaga, well subtlety and patience nothing, your boss will be taken care of soon enough and like I said you would be dead right now if it wasn't for that man in there staying our hands. You better find her and find her soon because we've got a date in the future you and I, and I am going to take great personal pride to make that appointment. shotozumi shifts in his seat and in a stern voice calls to the man. {Japanese} Silence! do not speak our minds to this outsider again. the man looks upset and steps off to the side, waiting for slip to exit the vehicle.

From across the street you can easily pick up half of the conversation as the mans voice escalates along with his temper.

Red

Thinking
com
speaking

Operator

• Omae
  • We own the night!
« Reply #549 on: <08-31-11/0937:30> »
<@Team> I can hear loudmouth from where I'm standing. I have a feeling I'm going to need whatever I can carry to Denver; are there any other loose ends we need to address?
<@BB> You enjoy poking sticks into the hornet's nest, omae? Do you practice that often on the Matrix?

A dry smile crept over Operator's face as Shotozumi's doorman was flustered by BB's choice of words.

Sichr

• Prime Runner
  • TOTÁLNÍ FAŠÍRKA ZMRDI !!!
« Reply #550 on: <08-31-11/1020:14> »
Nina:
...silently applauds...
good job throwing one of those bigots of ballance. Well I dont understand where he did taken an impression that we are loyal to Kanaga, the tone and BB`s choice of words words made me wander that what we offered was full cooperation even with the Kanaga`s head on silver plate, but maybe i just don`t understand Japan...

Kontact

• Prime Runner
  • You called?
« Reply #551 on: <08-31-11/1739:14> »
"It's possible you've misunderstood.  I do not work for the man you named.  Regardless, I appreciate the warning and wish you great success in your future endeavors.  May you prove as strong as your words.  I and the others should leave.  Speaking to you like this was already a risk for Shotozumi-san's daughter." 

<@team> If Shotozumi had answered that question, it would have meant open war, and low war at that.  It's possible in that circumstance that I could have picked up some extra work from him.  After all, I am very good at killing Yakuza.

Teyl_Iliar

• Omae
  • Professionals, Don't cross them.
« Reply #552 on: <09-06-11/1059:08> »
Slip ducks out of the car to stand with the others. @ team>>This is all well and good but rather than talk about what just happened, we make a hasty exit? The last thing we need now is to stick around here. Op I'm gonna need 12 hours before I can leave for denver, some things I need to settle first.

@B.B.damn omae you sure like to dance the razors edge. Good gamble though better than any bluff I could have made. Thanks for saving my ass.
UB
Brick
speaking
ITF
Slip
speaking
thinking
comm

Operator

• Omae
  • We own the night!
« Reply #553 on: <09-06-11/1546:13> »
<@Team> Try to be ready to leave within 8 hours. I have a few things of my own to prepare.

Operator waited at the intersection, keeping an eye on the limousine, Shotozumi's henchmen, and his fellow runners.

Teyl_Iliar

• Omae
  • Professionals, Don't cross them.
« Reply #554 on: <09-06-11/1611:17> »
Slip walks away from the lobby of the hotel and heads back to her bike. along the way she makes a mental check list of things she has to do before leaving town. I can give one person a ride to where ever they need to be, then I need to get home and make arrangements.

(OOC: Once slip gets home she'll lock up the apartment set the batteries to trickle charge while she's gone and send a few notes off. 1. To shaker telling him she'll be in denver on business for at least a week and asking if he knows any trustworthy people in the area. 2. To her landlord's commlink telling him that she'll be out of town for a while on a family emergency and to contact Shaker if he needs to get a hold of her. 3. To her work telling them a family emergency has come up and she's cashing in some of her vacation days to cover her shifts next week, and apologizing for the short notice.4. to some of the higher ups she knows in the underground telling them she'll be out of town on business and unavailable for at least the next week, unless she says otherwise and asking if they have any connections in the denver sprawl to contact if she needs a little help. Otherwise she's already packed. She'll grab some extra ammo for her taser and the 2066 and then let operator know she's ready to go and ask where to link up.)
UB
Brick
speaking
ITF
Slip
speaking
thinking
comm