NEWS

Prototype hoverbike: The unsafe, bodycount-rich future is here!

• 10 Replies

Karasin Black

• Newb
« on: <06-15-11/1250:15> »
"Wherever there is light, there must be shadow"
- Tao of Shinsei

Red Canti

• Omae
  • Hybrid Rainbow
« Reply #1 on: <07-27-11/1655:31> »
If it was worth anything, the military would be testing it already. Oh well.
"Always Trust Mr. Johnson, always. Just make sure he knows he'd regret betraying that trust."

Lacynth40

• Omae
  • Savaging the average.
« Reply #2 on: <08-13-11/0352:28> »
Actually, Red, contrary to popular belief the military doesn't automatically snatch up all crazy ideas... Like those silly "automobile" things... Or the jet packs. I know of at least three different military uses for the jet packs that are already developed, but the military isn't training a bunch of "jump soldiers" any time soon. Or, how about the wing suits skydivers use. Lots of great military uses for that.

The military is currently working mostly on ways of killing ALOT of people really fast. Which, you know, is their job. Like Project Trident, the US Navy's Rail Gun system. Or the DD-X main gun destroyers class ships. (Can you tell I was in the Navy. No clue what the Army is working on...)

Just because a new technology could have military uses, doesn't mean it's worthless if the military isn't grabbing it up.
"Remember, you can't have manslaughter without laughter."

"If violence begat violence, in every case, every human on the planet would instantly devolve into gibbering murderers in a day."

Dysth

• Newb
« Reply #3 on: <08-13-11/0615:30> »
this "hoverbike" looks ridiculously unsafe. besides the mentioned fingerchopping and stability issues, what protects the driver from impacts with treebranches?
also, as soon this hits the open market there will be people jousting on this. which could be very entertaining  ;D

Red Canti

• Omae
  • Hybrid Rainbow
« Reply #4 on: <08-22-11/2215:31> »
this "hoverbike" looks ridiculously unsafe. besides the mentioned fingerchopping and stability issues, what protects the driver from impacts with treebranches?
Avoiding the god damned trees.
"Always Trust Mr. Johnson, always. Just make sure he knows he'd regret betraying that trust."

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #5 on: <08-22-11/2254:22> »
Full-face helmets that you got from the set of Star Wars?  :P
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Red Canti

• Omae
  • Hybrid Rainbow
« Reply #6 on: <08-23-11/1111:42> »
Full-face helmets that you got from the set of Star Wars?  :P
No I'm pretty sure it's "avoiding the god damned trees."

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #7 on: <08-23-11/1115:41> »
Fine, if you want the wimpy safe version.  :P

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #8 on: <08-23-11/1208:36> »
Pretty sure there's plenty of Imperial Biker Scouts that would agree with Red. Helmets don't help when you hit the tree at 250+ mph.

Red Canti

• Omae
  • Hybrid Rainbow
« Reply #9 on: <08-23-11/1220:44> »
Look, if you wanna ram into a tree while several feet in the air going around 90MPH, go ahead. I ain't stopping you. Who am I to stand in the way of natural selection?

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #10 on: <08-23-11/1253:21> »
Look, if you wanna ram into a tree while several feet in the air going around 90MPH, go ahead. I ain't stopping you. Who am I to stand in the way of natural selection?
*Wilhelm Scream*

#ThisTaserGoesTo11