NEWS

Thoughts on motivating players.

• 52 Replies

Zilfer

• Ace Runner
« Reply #45 on: <09-15-11/1423:49> »
A pool 20 stories off the ground. XD I like the idea of that. Though i'd be shocked a bit if i saw it in real life though I don't doubt it may have happened. Just odd thinking that way but i will definately take note of that. Using it the first time will most likely throw my players off.

Considering we live in Puyallup, not really a City, but we do live near Seattle I can draw from the area knowledge pretty well for street's and high ways and the like. (hell i was looking at the seattle book and new some of the places they had changed) xD

Anyways thanks!
Having access to Ares Technology isn't so bad, being in a room that's connected to the 'trix with holographic display throughout the whole room isn't bad either. Food, drinks whenever you want it. Over all not bad, but being unable to leave and with a Female Dragon? No Thanks! ~The Captive Man

shion

• Chummer
« Reply #46 on: <09-15-11/1637:39> »
Look at the scene in judge dredd where they're descending to show the comedic fellow where his new living quarters will be.  I think he waves at children playing in a pool.  But in reality there are lots of high up pools.  A lot incorporate the infinity pool style which makes it look like the pool just falls over the edge of the building.

This one is 55 stories up
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1289194/Marina-Bay-Sands-resort-opens-Singapore.html

Phylos Fett

• Omae
  • Kind-of A Freelancer...
« Reply #47 on: <09-15-11/1818:39> »
At one stage in Brisbane (Australia) they were building a 70-odd floor building, and the pool was going to be somewhere in the lower 30 floors. Don't know if they ever did it. I just remember thinking I'd be awfully nervous being on the floor beneath the pool, especially if there was unexplained water droplets around...

Tagz

• Omae
« Reply #48 on: <09-17-11/0104:40> »
Pools are constructed pretty water tight to be honest.  Short of an earthquake spiting the basin there's little chance of a leak from the pool.  Now the filtration system for the pool, that's a different story.

Phylos Fett

• Omae
  • Kind-of A Freelancer...
« Reply #49 on: <09-17-11/0402:31> »
Pools are constructed pretty water tight to be honest.  Short of an earthquake spiting the basin there's little chance of a leak from the pool.  Now the filtration system for the pool, that's a different story.

I know, hence my concern if there were water droplets ;)

JoeNapalm

• Ace Runner
  • Ifriti Sophist
« Reply #50 on: <09-19-11/1238:17> »

I've been in a fancy hotel bar where the ceiling of the bar was the glass floor to the pool.

-Jn-
Ifriti Sophist

shion

• Chummer
« Reply #51 on: <09-19-11/1314:16> »
That would make bikini "incidents" interesting.  Which hotel?

I've been in a fancy hotel bar where the ceiling of the bar was the glass floor to the pool.

-Jn-
Ifriti Sophist

Zilfer

• Ace Runner
« Reply #52 on: <09-19-11/1733:48> »
That would make bikini "incidents" interesting.  Which hotel?

-Jn-
Ifriti Sophist
no idea what that is but i find it funny it's mentioned in the topic titled "motivating players"
Having access to Ares Technology isn't so bad, being in a room that's connected to the 'trix with holographic display throughout the whole room isn't bad either. Food, drinks whenever you want it. Over all not bad, but being unable to leave and with a Female Dragon? No Thanks! ~The Captive Man