NEWS

[SR4a] Archetypes: replacements for the Sample Characters

• 411 Replies

UmaroVI

• Prime Runner
« Reply #225 on: <05-16-12/1417:04> »
I don't currently have a good location to host the chummer files, if they are made. You have my permission to make and upload chummer files anywhere you want, and I'll link to them, provided that you give me credit for making the original characters.

Dirtywork

• Newb
  • Rep="yaaawwwwnnnnn"
« Reply #226 on: <05-21-12/0822:10> »
I'm returning to Shadowrun after a 16 year hiatus. Needless to say there have been a few changes.

So I just wanted to say thank you for taking the time and the effort to create these replacement archetypes!

I've got a new group put together who are very eager to Run. Some are new to RPGs and all of them are new to SR.

I'm planning a test run this weekend. We're going to run Food Fight 4.0 just for familiarization and practice. Some of our players are more than a little intimidated by the prospect of sitting down and spending hours on character creation. It's my hope that by using these new archetypes they will be encouraged to either build on these characters or make their own from scratch.

As a long time GM (7 years of GMing SR1) coming out of an even longer retirement these archetypes are invaluable to me. Not only can I use these as contacts, bad guys, and so on, but I can also dissect them to help me get a better grasp on the new mechanics of SR4.

So again....from the bottom of my nerdy little heart...thank you very much for these!!!!

UmaroVI

• Prime Runner
« Reply #227 on: <05-21-12/0833:04> »
You're welcome, and I hope they work out well for your group.

SeriousOne338

• Omae
« Reply #228 on: <05-21-12/1524:51> »
I'm not trying to be mean, I've been reading over the characters and I was looking at the Mercenary Rigger, I was wondering the Thundercloud Morgan is it suppose to be where he lives? I only ask because it's a two seater.
Colors: Speech, Thought, Matrix
Character:
Dos.Boot http://forums.shadowrun4.com/index.php?topic=7368.15

UmaroVI

• Prime Runner
« Reply #229 on: <05-21-12/1546:57> »
No, he has an unspecified Low lifestyle. The squatter amenities in the Morgan is so you can jam four people into it. It's basically just a cheap all-purpose ride, not a base.

SeriousOne338

• Omae
« Reply #230 on: <05-21-12/1549:15> »
Gotcha. Just had to wonder.
Character:

voydangel

• Omae
  • SR GM since 1990. Damn I'm old.
« Reply #231 on: <05-22-12/0207:16> »
I would absolutely LOVE to get my hands on these in chummer format.
Any new news on if anyone has done the "conversions" and if said files are available?

As far as a place to host the files, if that is our only stumbling block, we can just use the OMAE character sharing system that is built into Chummer.
We would just need to make sure that each of these characters has some sort of note in its description that identifies it as a "Archtype character" when they are uploaded.
Since only the uploader can edit the files once they're there, I would recommend that the OP (UmaroVI) be the one to actualy do the uploads of the files via OMAE|Chummer.
My tips for new GM's
Unless it is coming from an official source, RAI = "Rules As Imagined."
SR1+SR2+SR3++SR4++SR5+++h+b+++B+D382UBIE-RN---DSF-W+m+(o++)gm+MP

SeriousOne338

• Omae
« Reply #232 on: <05-22-12/1411:37> »
Hey UmaroVI have you ever thought of putting together an investigator/occult investigator?
Character:

squee_nabob

• Chummer
« Reply #233 on: <05-22-12/1424:43> »
Isn't that just the paranormal detective with some synonyms?

UmaroVI

• Prime Runner
« Reply #234 on: <05-22-12/1442:55> »
Yeah, the Paranormal Detective is a rewrite of the Occult Investigator to be less bad and more Harry Dresden.

groduick

• Newb
« Reply #235 on: <05-24-12/1115:34> »
If I went ahead and started doing a few, where would be the best place for me to upload the files?

There's this little tool called omae in chummer, where you can download character... Never tried it, but it seems that you can upload yours to a shared database

Phoenix8008

• Newb
« Reply #236 on: <05-30-12/0613:16> »
In the InfoSavant character, under his gear is listed a Camouflage Vest. I see a Camouflage Suit listed in SR4A, but don't see a vest anywhere by itself. It's not showing up in the Chummer program either, even with all the sourcebooks checked off to use. Anybody know where this piece of equipment is?

Zephraim

• Newb
« Reply #237 on: <05-30-12/0804:25> »
It's from Arsenal, Chummer lists it under Clothing as "Victory: Globetrotter Camouflage Vest".

Charasanya

• Newb
« Reply #238 on: <05-31-12/0308:55> »
First of all: Thank you for you awesome work! It really helped me a lot!

I was wondering, if there was something like a B&E expert, somebody that is able to do the following things:

- move undetected (i.e. high infiltration, appropriate gear)
- take care of locks and security cams/drones (via hacking)
- good perception/information gathering
- talk and/or gun his way out of a nasty situation
« Last Edit: <05-31-12/0310:33> by Charasanya »

Hawke

• Newb
« Reply #239 on: <05-31-12/0905:45> »
Have you seen the The Spook?

Cybered, face, b&e samurai.

Might be what you are looking for.