• 777 Replies

Chrona

• Prime Runner
« Reply #30 on: <08-16-11/0053:27> »
Usually price is negotiated before hard facts are given

Larzarus

• Omae
« Reply #31 on: <08-16-11/0059:58> »
But about what can we negotiate or in other words: What are soft facts?

Quote from: Joking
Johnson says: Kidnapping, 6k?
Team says: Yes!
Johnson: Okay, kidnappe a dragon.
Team: What?!
Johnson: No "what", you said, "yes" and now go...
« Last Edit: <08-16-11/0103:54> by Larzarus »

Chrona

• Prime Runner
« Reply #32 on: <08-16-11/0107:00> »
But about what can we negotiate or in other words: What are soft facts?

Johnson says: Kidnapping, 6k?
Team says: Yes!
Johnson: Okay, kidnappe a dragon.
Team: What?!
Johnson: No "what", you said, "yes" and now go...

Another Johnson of mine, not CJ, "You're Runners, suck it up"

You all ready know a lot if you think about it.

Like how the parson took a week to track down, owes a lot and can't pay, has something they want, probably needs extraction because you won't be able to get the item in the place he is.

Xzylvador

• Prime Runner
  • Ask me about NERPS! 30% Sales!
« Reply #33 on: <08-16-11/0430:48> »
If we're going to be speaking in different languages, it might be a bit easier either typing whatever's said in English and just mentioning it was another language or adding a translation to English at the bottom of the post in a spoiler or quote box or such.

Silk's got Japanese Speak 5, would like to know really...
"Ohh, summimasen kudesai, chibi-sama." then she thought a bit and added " watashi wa akuma dewa arimasen, watashi wa Sue Desu. Anata no namae desu ka"
« Last Edit: <08-16-11/0440:44> by Xzylvador »

Kontact

• Prime Runner
  • You called?
« Reply #34 on: <08-16-11/0452:57> »
If we're going to be speaking in different languages, it might be a bit easier either typing whatever's said in English and just mentioning it was another language or adding a translation to English at the bottom of the post in a spoiler or quote box or such.

Silk's got Japanese Speak 5, would like to know really...
"Ohh, summimasen kudesai, chibi-sama." then she thought a bit and added " watashi wa akuma dewa arimasen, watashi wa Sue Desu. Anata no namae desu ka"

"Oh, I'm sorry little one."  "I am not really a devil, I am Sue.  What is your name?"   As far as I know, Silk wasn't in the room when this was said.

Kouryuu

• Prime Runner
  • The idea is to die young as late as possible -A.M.
« Reply #35 on: <08-16-11/1235:43> »
not very well acquainted with Agent rules, and hacking as whole so what should i roll for the agent to do the search?
Prepare for the worst, hope for the best and expect nothing!
Matrix;speaking;thinking;ExternalSourcesLink
RainDragonBar

Larzarus

• Omae
« Reply #36 on: <08-16-11/1255:19> »
not very well acquainted with Agent rules, and hacking as whole so what should i roll for the agent to do the search?

Extended Test: Roll [minimum of (Agent Rating and Response of your commlink)] plus [minimum of (Browse rating, agent rating+3 and system of the commlink+3)])

the +3 comes from the optimized3 option,

If you have a commlink with response x<6 and system y >3 you roll: x + 6

Actually, I also think that browse is more like the google search, that means, you can only browse for words. Otherwise the MonaLisa software would be very useless....

Kouryuu

• Prime Runner
  • The idea is to die young as late as possible -A.M.
« Reply #37 on: <08-16-11/1314:36> »
Actually, I also think that browse is more like the google search, that means, you can only browse for words. Otherwise the MonaLisa software would be very useless....
Not sure about it myself, but have seen it used this way in other games, so will have to wait For Chrona's judgement on this.

Extended test rolls
Prepare for the worst, hope for the best and expect nothing!
Matrix;speaking;thinking;ExternalSourcesLink
RainDragonBar

Chrona

• Prime Runner
« Reply #38 on: <08-16-11/1456:49> »
Not sure about it myself, but have seen it used this way in other games, so will have to wait For Chrona's judgement on this.

Extended test rolls

Monalisa is more like a security program for facial blacklists.
Data searching faces is usually allowed despite there being facial rec sensor program is arsenal
You get nothing on the search without his name too.

Xzylvador

• Prime Runner
« Reply #39 on: <08-16-11/1519:57> »
As far as I know, Silk wasn't in the room when this was said.

Yeah, sorry. Missed that reading it quickly @work. Still, request for translations counts for future reference...
I wouldn't mind strange languages without translations if my char'd have no chance to understand or if Google Translate managed to turn it into something semi-coherent, but it failed horribly in this case. (It didn't even try! What a stupid AAA corp is that?!)
The BS I posted in the torture scene does translate, though I realize it would probably make an actual Russian cry to see what horrible things are being done to his language.

Larzarus

• Omae
« Reply #40 on: <08-16-11/1558:02> »
Monalisa is more like a security program for facial blacklists.
Data searching faces is usually allowed despite there being facial rec sensor program is arsenal
You get nothing on the search without his name too.

Is there a way for Space to get his hands on such face database, e.g. SIN database or LoneStar database of crimials. Bribing a cop to get an account or hacking into databases, for example (does Space knows how hard this will be, or cost him?)

Or does it only happen in movies, that the bad guys have access to CIA, Interpol databases for face recognition?

Xzylvador

• Prime Runner
« Reply #41 on: <08-16-11/1612:20> »
Slowly, VERY SLOWLY, make a backdoor into their system. It'll take very long to set up, and quite probably after a day or two it'll be gone again because of security updates.
There's talk about that kind of stuff in the fluff-talk in Unwired, I think it's around the pages where they describe creating and modifying backdoors. Some hacker that got a new record by having his Interpol backdoor undetected for a week or so.

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #42 on: <08-16-11/1619:36> »
There are people who have it.  The ones making the fake SINs (especially the high rating ones) have ways to get in those systems.
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

Larzarus

• Omae
« Reply #43 on: <08-16-11/1708:52> »
There are people who have it.  The ones making the fake SINs (especially the high rating ones) have ways to get in those systems.
Yeah, they even have write-permission, Space only needs read-permission, i.e. not even a security account.

Chrona

• Prime Runner
« Reply #44 on: <08-16-11/1713:54> »
No one would give you access