NEWS

using multipule vision modes at once, and natural vision questions.

• 2 Replies

Shadowstarr

• Newb
« on: <08-03-11/2012:17> »
Not been able to find a rule regarding a character using multiple vision modes at once.  (low-light, therm, ultrasound.) Can someone use them all at once to get the best effect vs the lighting conditions?    Also  a troll with natural therm vision,  is that always on? Or can they switch mode between normal and therm? I always assumed  they had the therm vision always on unless they or modded.

-SS

Crash_00

« Reply #1 on: <08-03-11/2101:41> »
Well, my opinions may not be entirely RAW, but I'll give it a shot.

I only allow one TRUE vision enhancement to run at once (Ultrasound, Thermal, Low-Light), but all the other vision enhancements (Flare Comp, Image Link, Smartlink, Vision Enhancement, Vision Mag) can run with the actual vision modes.

If you read Ultrasound, it specifically says that it over lays normal vision rather than replaces it. In 3rd edition Thermal was this way also, and I've kept that bit around. So in my games a Troll is always seeing normal vision with a Thermal overlay.

Onion Man

• Omae
  • Internet is a proper noun, capitalize every time
« Reply #2 on: <08-03-11/2304:41> »
I'm in the overlay camp...

Of course I also still picture hackers as typing in commands (albeit with their brains instead of their fingers) and calling up an rmode when their eyes are on (got to reserve RMODE 0 for cybereyes off, never know when that'll be of value).
Description/Narrative
{Thoughts}
"Conversation"
"Voice over commlink"
Code: [Select]
Text over commlinkOrson "Pig" Fletcher

Register