NEWS

Problems With Magical Balance

• 21 Replies

Chrona

• Prime Runner
« Reply #15 on: <08-01-11/2148:27> »
T_T
He is trying to apologize right now, I dont want to hear it. Its impossible playing with him. I honestly can't say why he did it obviously no one in the world can believe that to be a good plan. He is my best friend and I've never known him to intentionally do anything to harm or anger anyone intentionally but I can see no other reason for someone doing that than ruining the game so I dont know.

Cool down for a bit then talk to him

Kulthozuer

• Newb
« Reply #16 on: <08-01-11/2157:41> »
I know but even then I'm definately not playing any RPG's with him again because although this was the worst time he does this everytime. He just does whatever the hell he wants ignoring consequences even ruining other peoples fun. But he will bitch if I do anything when he DM's he once ended a game of Cthulhu because I was jumping over everything, obviously semi joking but not harmfull to gameplay.

Charybdis

• Ace Runner
  • If it's last name is Dragon, first name Great: RUN
« Reply #17 on: <08-01-11/2240:35> »
He walked into the headquarters of the company that they were planning on assissinated the VP of, told them all about everything concerning the team and there plans, that he was a shadowrunner, about the job and where everyone lives and everything he had on them. Needless to say this did not pan out well for anyone including and especially him, I feel it's my duty as a DM to not ignore this event and kick him out as hes playing in the rules and at this point NO ONE is having fun cause of his shit. That shadowrun game is over I ws really excited over the premise of the campaign for a long time and it didn't last long at all. At this point I love shadowrun more than any RPG i've ever read or played and I am seriously doubting Im going to DM again, certainly never with him.

I understand if your all going to say well you shoulda just not let him do that its out of character and that it ruined the game cause alot of the characters died because of it (By the way they still accomplished their mission because the other characters where trying) but there was like one person left after that. And now half the people never wana play shadowrun again. I feel lovely right now.
A) This is a completely recoverable situation if the other players were having fun, this could spawn off an entirely new direction for the campaign... will go into more detail in a second ;)
B) Nothing wrong with letting him do it, but as he was in the lobby explaining he was a shadowrunner, a bunch of armed guards should have brought his sinless a$$ in for a little chat in a secure room
C) The rest of the group may get a warning from a friendly hacker/johnson/fixer:
     Errr, do you guys know that there's an APB out on all of you?! Run!
D) PC who set them up (which is really, what he did) is SINless therefore has no rights, has just confessed to crimes, provided a corp with a plan for murder, and is most likely about to meet an unfortunate accident due to Fixer-induced suicide.  You know, I'd actually let the PC live, but become a recurring NPC-villain, and by god the other PC's will want to hint him down forever!
E) Player has acted like a douche, repeatedly, and to the detriment of other peoples' enjoyment. Regardless of any personal friendship, it appears to be time for an enforced exile.

So, back to the salvaging of the campaign (which should really rub it in his face, if you're that way inclined ;) )
- The remaining PC's (we'll call them Group A) have been warned by friendly hacker/Johnson/Fixer to GTFO for their own survival.
- Hopefully, they have a safehouse, spare fake SIN's and/or a large vehicle they can go hide in for a few hours to try and plan out their next move
- During hiding time, they get a message routed from the Fixer/Johnson of their current assassination job
  'I expect results. Apparently there was a mole in your crew, but quite frankly this is not my problem. You finish the the job or the next task I assign will have your names on it. Do we understand each other?'
- Now as for what happened to the tantrum PC (let's call him Mole B), he could have been:
   - Beaten to a pulp by security guards
   - Forcefully interrogated about everything he ever knew (runners, johnsons, fixers, previous missions, contacts)
   - Disowned by current list of Fixers, Johnsons, Runners and Contacts due to his very loose lips
   - Handed over to Knight Errant to run records of previous criminal activity (possibly in a Criminally Insane facility due to psychotic stupidity)
   - All of the above and then some
- Runners get another call from previous Fixer or Contact of Mole B
     I understand Mole B is busy blabbing about everyone he's ever worked with. We need that to stop, immediately, and will put X money on the table for that to happen.

Runners now have three jobs, in my recommended order
1 - Destroy corporate records of interrogation  (standard Data grab, possibly extraction/removal of involved security guards)           No Pay, but good survival tip, and will allow Step 3 to continue if performed immediately.
2 - Assassinate Mole B                                 (Standard Job)                    Paid mission
3 - Complete mission to Assassinate VP          (Standard Assassination)    Paid mission

So, at end of the day, they will have:
- Covered their tracks
- Completed their primary mission (and been paid)
- Completed their secondary mission (including nuyen pay and revenge)

This could be awesome fun, and made all the more sweeter as the PC's (and players) feel they get payback against the dirty rotten scoundrel who got them into this mess :)
'Too much is never enough'

Current PC: Free Spirit (Norse Shamanic)
'Names are irrelevant. Which fake ID do you want me to quote from?'

Phreak Commandment V:
If Thou Be In School, Strive To Get Thine Self Good Grades, For The Authorities Well Know That Scholars Never Break The Law

Chrona

• Prime Runner
« Reply #18 on: <08-01-11/2244:00> »
+1 Charybdis

Kulthozuer

• Newb
« Reply #19 on: <08-01-11/2301:21> »
Ok well I am planning a simpler run for another group, two players from the first group and my girlfriend is really excited to try shadowrun. Most of those players dont want to play and I didn't think it was very salvagable but those are all amazing ideas I didn't really think of. You must be an awesome DM for shadowrun I will definately keep alot of that stuff in mind if I end up in a similar situation. The one thing that rubs me wrong is not what he did its the reasoning for it, because he was pulled into a back security room and questioned. They took necesary precautions but was still able to sneak in some magic which I commend him for trying but he didn't do so well and they shot  and killed him because he fought back. The fact of the matter is though he had no plan to accomplish anything he just did that for appearently no reason. I am reading alot of shadowrun books and I'm going to go over the core one a couple more times because I still have a little trouble with Matrix actions and drones. Definately +1 for all those awesome ideas those I may just use those in my next run, (Im going to start with food fight and then work my way up a little this time)

(Can I give plus 1? I dont frequent forums much not really sure how that works)
« Last Edit: <08-01-11/2305:36> by Kulthozuer »

Chrona

• Prime Runner
« Reply #20 on: <08-01-11/2309:17> »
Ok well I am planning a simpler run for another group, two players from the first group and my girlfriend is really excited to try shadowrun. Most of those players dont want to play and I didn't think it was very salvagable but those are all amazing ideas I didn't really think of. You must be an awesome DM for shadowrun I will definately keep alot of that stuff in mind if I end up in a similar situation. The one thing that rubs me wrong is not what he did its the reasoning for it, because he was pulled into a back security room and questioned. They took necesary precautions but was still able to sneak in some magic which I commend him for trying but he didn't do so well and they shot  and killed him because he fought back. The fact of the matter is though he had no plan to accomplish anything he just did that for appearently no reason. I am reading alot of shadowrun books and I'm going to go over the core one a couple more times because I still have a little trouble with Matrix actions and drones. Definately +1 for all those awesome ideas those I may just use those in my next run, (Im going to start with food fight and then work my way up a little this time)

(Can I give plus 1? I dont frequent forums much not really sure how that works)

click applaud

Charybdis

• Ace Runner
  • If it's last name is Dragon, first name Great: RUN
« Reply #21 on: <08-01-11/2338:11> »
Ok well I am planning a simpler run for another group, two players from the first group and my girlfriend is really excited to try shadowrun. Most of those players dont want to play and I didn't think it was very salvagable but those are all amazing ideas I didn't really think of. You must be an awesome DM for shadowrun I will definately keep alot of that stuff in mind if I end up in a similar situation. The one thing that rubs me wrong is not what he did its the reasoning for it, because he was pulled into a back security room and questioned. They took necesary precautions but was still able to sneak in some magic which I commend him for trying but he didn't do so well and they shot  and killed him because he fought back. The fact of the matter is though he had no plan to accomplish anything he just did that for appearently no reason. I am reading alot of shadowrun books and I'm going to go over the core one a couple more times because I still have a little trouble with Matrix actions and drones.
A) There are a bunch of brilliant GM's on these boards who are hella' more experienced than me ;)
B) Sounds like you handled it pretty well anyway:
    - Remaining PC's still completed their mission
    - Mole B got lead poisoning for his actions
    - Two players from that adventure still want to play (which is a good sigh that you did alright :))
C) After many years and rulebooks, the rules for Matrix actions still confuse the hell out of me... add in AI's and Technomancers and I still get really confused... then these new gamers come in and learn all the rules in ten seconds flat... damned kids!  get off my lawn! :P
'Too much is never enough'

Current PC: Free Spirit (Norse Shamanic)
'Names are irrelevant. Which fake ID do you want me to quote from?'

Phreak Commandment V:
If Thou Be In School, Strive To Get Thine Self Good Grades, For The Authorities Well Know That Scholars Never Break The Law