NEWS

General do's and don't for character creation.

• 97 Replies

Glyph

• Ace Runner
« Reply #90 on: <01-04-12/0015:25> »
Banishing has a niche now that there are possession traditions - it is a way to get rid of a spirit that is possessing one of your fellow runners without damaging the possessed runner.  But there is still always "Oh well, I never liked him much anyway - mana bolt!"

UmaroVI

• Prime Runner
« Reply #91 on: <01-04-12/0405:08> »
If I was concerned about that, I'd rather take a specialized spell to handle that problem - for example, Mana Static - for 3 bp/5 karma, rather than an entirely new skill.

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #92 on: <01-04-12/0434:41> »
Banishing has a niche now that there are possession traditions - it is a way to get rid of a spirit that is possessing one of your fellow runners without damaging the possessed runner.  But there is still always "Oh well, I never liked him much anyway - mana bolt!"
Never use manabolt on a possessed creature. Their physical attributes are raised by the spirit's force. Their Stun track, however, remains the same. SnS or Stunbolt is what you want to use on living creatures that have been possessed. Vehicles or Drones that have been possessed? Panther XXL. Accept no substitutes.
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

JustADude

• Prime Runner
  • Madness? This! Is! A FORUM!
« Reply #93 on: <01-04-12/0525:30> »
Panther XXL. Accept no substitutes.

How about a GM Heavy Cannon?

I think 17P, AP -8 is pretty good. Plus, you know, it usually comes with a tank to carry it around on.
« Last Edit: <01-04-12/0527:18> by JustADude »
“What is right is not always popular and what is popular is not always right.”
― Albert Einstein

"Being average just means that half of everyone you meet is better than you."
― Me

Shinobi Killfist

• Prime Runner
« Reply #94 on: <01-05-12/0110:18> »
About the only do and don't I think people need to do is. 

Do: Learn the style of play of your table.

Don't:  Make a character that goes against the style of the table you are playing at and wreck the fun for others. 

If you know those two things chances are your character will work out. 

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #95 on: <01-05-12/0543:07> »

I think 17P, AP -8 is pretty good. Plus, you know, it usually comes with a tank to carry it around on.

You're right about that, but the panther XXL you can still put in the back of your van so Lonestar or Knight Errant don't see it immediately.  Kinda difficult with a tank.  Unless you get one of those inflatable decoys, but then the gun doesn't work anymore.  :o
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

JustADude

• Prime Runner
  • Madness? This! Is! A FORUM!
« Reply #96 on: <01-05-12/0605:38> »

You're right about that, but the panther XXL you can still put in the back of your van so Lonestar or Knight Errant don't see it immediately.  Kinda difficult with a tank.  Unless you get one of those inflatable decoys, but then the gun doesn't work anymore.  :o

That's what you have gyro-linked, Reinforced, Concealed, Remote Heavy Turrets for.

10 mod slots and boom, your Bulldog gets a "Camper Top" that sprouts a heavy turret on command... might want to be careful firing it while driving, though.
“What is right is not always popular and what is popular is not always right.”
― Albert Einstein

"Being average just means that half of everyone you meet is better than you."
― Me

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #97 on: <01-05-12/0640:54> »

That's what you have gyro-linked, Reinforced, Concealed, Remote Heavy Turrets for.

10 mod slots and boom, your Bulldog gets a "Camper Top" that sprouts a heavy turret on command... might want to be careful firing it while driving, though.

All you need to do is mod the Panther to be belt fed and full auto, and then you're set...
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters