NEWS

Recommend a first run?

• 20 Replies

PH_dungeon

• Newb
« Reply #15 on: <07-19-11/2316:03> »
I just started running a campaign, and I started with the first run in season 4 of the missions campaigns. I think this season is shaping up to look really good. I have the first 4 (which are the only ones out so far), and I'm really excited about running all of them. I'm in the midst of running Hiding in the Dark, and it is going well, though I have no idea how anyone would get through it in one session. I did manage to get through Back in Business in one session, but I had to make it a 6 hour session. Fortunately, I don't really need to worry about running them in one session since I'm doing a home campaign.

Neurosis

• Chummer
  • ain't no rest for the wicked
« Reply #16 on: <07-21-11/1722:27> »
It did produce one of the funniest expressions I've ever seen on a GMs face though when I was playing my face. They busted in and screamed for everyone to get
 down in the corners and my face fires his pistol off into the air and yell's "Everyone drop your weapons, this is a robbery." Literally three minutes of complete blank
face on the GM before he could figure out how to respond to it.

Now we need to know, how did he respond?

He didn't. It's been seven years and he's still trying to think of what to say.  : )

Anyway, back to the OP question (even if it's a dead question) I'd either recommend Parliament Of Thieves (it's what I started off my 4E GMing career with, introducing a bunch of new players to 4E) or Cold Blood by knassir, which is a very good "introducing you to the universe" kind of adventure (I used it to kick-start my more recent street level Ghost Cartels campaign).

Of course the first one only works if you want to start in Denver. (For me, that campaign started in Denver, then moved to Seattle by way of a stopover in New York for some wetwork (don't ask),  and stayed there for most of it, with a few trips afield.)

Come to think of it, there is that adventure that I wrote myself as an introductory adventure...but I'm not entirely sure that I can't turn that into a Mission one day, so I will refrain from posting it here for free.
« Last Edit: <07-21-11/1724:37> by Neurosis »
~"Pirates and bankrobbers, not lawyers and CEOs
Stockbrokers ain't no heroes!"~

Devon Oratz//CGL Freelancer
My Blog: tarotAmerican
My RPGs: endTransmission.

Crash_00

« Reply #17 on: <07-21-11/1735:49> »
Now we need to know, how did he respond?

Well after the time spent sputtering blank faced, he finally just started combat. Which then left him sputtering and even
more blank faced after the face managed to take out two of the guys first thing (Gotta love getting five successes on six
dice, twice). The GM learned the importance of having NPCs dodge that session, actually I think  the GM learned more
about the system than the players did that time.

Neurosis

• Chummer
« Reply #18 on: <07-22-11/1818:50> »
(Gotta love getting five successes on six
dice, twice).

This level of luck is representative of about 80% of my rolls when GMing.

God my players hate me.

Insomniac

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Newb
  • My imaginary friend thinks I have mental problems
« Reply #19 on: <07-26-11/1611:23> »
Well, in a shameless bit of self-promotion, you can always check out my blog for a few run hooks.  I throw all my material online for people to harvest and tailor to their group.

The stuff is pretty free-form, as I tend to do a lot of improvisation when I GM, but it should give GMs plenty of room to tailor it to their group.

http://1nsomniac.wordpress.com/

Maybe there's something there you can use.

Insomniac
The shadows never sleep, so why should I?
My site:  The Data Haven

Neurosis

• Chummer
« Reply #20 on: <07-27-11/1421:16> »
Oh hi there, Insomniac. I think I've possibly used your stuff in my campaign before. Definitely at least glanced at it in my wanderings of the internet.

Thanks for sharing.