NEWS

Help with Technomancer

• 51 Replies

DWC

• Omae
« Reply #45 on: <07-28-11/1952:19> »
Paladins are a type of sprite, not a complex form.  Other than that, it looks fine.  But I'm hardly the resident technomancer expert.

Anela

• Newb
« Reply #46 on: <07-28-11/2009:09> »
:D thanks

Anela

• Newb
« Reply #47 on: <07-28-11/2034:34> »
Im at 450 bp which is what we are playing with,  I use the SR4CHarGen so it tallys for me :D

squee_nabob

• Chummer
« Reply #48 on: <07-28-11/2055:14> »
I am also not the resident technomancer expert, but i am a resonance technomancer expert (lol technomancer pun).

As you mentioned she's sub optimal but much improved. Intuitive hacking is bad, and you did not specify what matrix action it is for, but other than that look playable. Those extra 50 BP let you not squeeze every BP (which you need to do on 400 BP)

UmaroVI

• Prime Runner
« Reply #49 on: <07-28-11/2105:57> »
First, this is a much improved character and is about 95% fine.

Typos:
You have no number listed for Hacking. You have Hacking 6, right? Right?

As mentioned Paladin is a sprite, not a complex form. You automatically get to summon all your sprites with your Compiling skill, so you don't need that.

Very Bad Ideas:
Intuitive Hacking is EXTREMELY bad. The reason for this is that you can just thread the complex form you want to 1. On top of that it only works for one complex form! You could in theory (don't do this) spend 1 bp to buy that complex form at 1 which is strictly better than and 4 bp cheaper than Intuitive Hacking. Never, ever take this quality. I hate it with the burning fire of a thousand suns.

Not having Data Search and Computer is something you can get away with if there's a hacker in your party - there are some things linked to them, but they are things a hacker can do just fine. Otherwise, you may want Hardware 1, Data Search 1, Computer 1. HOWEVER, many uses of Edit are linked to Computer so you really don't want Edit 6 but no Computer skill. One of those two should change.

You don't have Exploit 6. You really, really want Exploit 6.

Not So Bad But I Still Recommend Against Them Ideas:

While not quite so bad as lacking Exploit 6, you probably should have Spoof 6 because there are some problems (such as hacking into daisy-chains of slaves) that you really want Spoof for. You might be able to get away without spoof depending on how your GM runs the matrix but I honestly don't advise it. Also, of all the hacking skills, Spoof is the only one that will help at all if you get caught in a meatworld firefight (you can spoof drones and spoof people's guns and stuff).

Data Bomb is largely for silly and is not really worth it. You can always thread up Data Bomb.

Encrypt is not for silly, however, being able to Encrypt super duper well is not really that important; you're fine just threading up what you need.

Even amounts of willpower make me a little sad. There's a lot of better things you could do with those 10 points.

Hardware is the only skill you have that is logic-linked. Logic 3 and Hardware 4 saves you 6 points over Logic 4 and Hardware 3.

EDIT: Odd != Even
« Last Edit: <07-29-11/0613:27> by UmaroVI »

squee_nabob

• Chummer
« Reply #50 on: <07-28-11/2124:42> »
Umaro, you mean even willpower. You like odd willpower. I do agree with your other comments however.

Anela

• Newb
« Reply #51 on: <07-30-11/0017:53> »
Hacking is a 6 nd thanks guys ill make those small adjustment.  YOu hve been great :D  Hopefully I made you proud :D
« Last Edit: <07-30-11/0519:03> by Anela »