• 22 Replies

benhatt

• Chummer
« Reply #15 on: <07-08-11/0725:09> »

Cass100199

• Chummer
  • Truth hurts only if you're a dumba**.
« Reply #16 on: <07-08-11/1202:26> »
You have to create layers and build into it. At first your just doing normal runs (local). At some point you stumble into something that has higher implications (national, international, and corporate). At some point you begin to weave in the bigger groups that are manipulating this stuff. Hell, your players probably shouldn't know they are in this type of game until some Illuminati level hitters come to take back that innocuous data disc.
You can't tell me what toys I can play with.

baronspam

• Omae
« Reply #17 on: <07-08-11/1344:29> »
With the following checklist it could work:

1: Are the PCs the stars fo the story?

2: Are the PCs making tangible, steady progress toward a goal?

3:  Are the player's interested in this type of game?

If all three are true, should be fun.  If any of the above is not true, it falls apart.  If the story centers around things other than the characters the players end up being spectators rather than the prime movers of the story.  If the PCs never make any really progess to understanding what is going on your players may get very frustrated.   And if your players just aren't into it, you are doomed.  Doooooomed I say.  But as long as you can check off all three items you are good to go.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #18 on: <07-08-11/1549:39> »
I have my own conspiracy theorist for when I'm writing things for my group (Which is news reports with add-ons by ShadowSEA posters.).  He's...  Quite out there.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

SirDelta

• Newb
« Reply #19 on: <07-08-11/1911:58> »
I'm a player in the game.  We have a GM, but he doesn't write his own stuff.
And believe me, the gamemy character would have no answers.  How I'm thinking of doing it is having them investigate various different conspiracies, instead of one big one.  That way, if the GM wants to tie them together, he sure can.  If he doesn't want to, he doesn't have to. The only reason I threw my character in is that his backstory could easily be considered as something a conspiracy theorist might think.  The rest is not going to be connected to his backstory at all.

Onion Man

• Omae
  • Internet is a proper noun, capitalize every time
« Reply #20 on: <07-08-11/1940:52> »
Well, if you're a pink mohawk group you can just non sequitur your runs a la Scooby Doo.

Darn those meddling Shadowrunners.
Description/Narrative
{Thoughts}
"Conversation"
"Voice over commlink"
Code: [Select]
Text over commlinkOrson "Pig" Fletcher

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #21 on: <07-08-11/1947:15> »
One of the guys I work with for ideas commented about Shadowgang in the other forum.

Which reminds me, I have to pull out the "Muse Stick" and beat another chapter out of him...
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Red Canti

• Omae
  • Hybrid Rainbow
« Reply #22 on: <07-27-11/2119:30> »
"Calling it a theory suggests that it only 'might' be happening. Don't cry to me when they're selling your organs to the Colombians and your bone marrow to the bugs."
"Always Trust Mr. Johnson, always. Just make sure he knows he'd regret betraying that trust."