NEWS

Telematics Infrastructure

• 3 Replies

Ethan

• Omae
« on: <06-29-11/2038:17> »
Just how flagrant is this thing, anyway? (Unwired, p62)

It routinely scans for Active and Passive wireless connections and scans rating per minute for Hidden nodes. I've seen some Technomancers take this as a Complex Form, which seems nifty. But with the absence of actual rules that say so, wouldn't something like this be quite "loud"?

It's like an active radar, pinging everything it can in signal range. I'm not sure it's supposed to be the instant-win CF some claim it to be.

Onion Man

• Omae
  • Internet is a proper noun, capitalize every time
« Reply #1 on: <06-29-11/2047:46> »
If it works similar to my sight survey card, it'd be close to invisible.  There could very easily be a set of common frequencies and phase angles that it would just pan through as it goes with a very low powered and essentially empty carrier wave.  When something on the same freq and phase were broadcasting into the same space, constructive interference would create slight crosstalk and the TI would be aware of the presence of the node (and very likely the other way around as well, if TI works in the wireless mesh topology I'm picturing from that brief description).

The beauty of a set up like that is, if your carrier signal is on one phase, other phases of the same waveform can be used to carry the meaningful information, which makes the (fractal) antennae much less costly and simple.
Description/Narrative
{Thoughts}
"Conversation"
"Voice over commlink"
Code: [Select]
Text over commlinkOrson "Pig" Fletcher

Kontact

• Prime Runner
  • You called?
« Reply #2 on: <06-30-11/0315:43> »
Infrastructure.
in·fra·struc·ture ( n fr -str k ch r). n. 1. An underlying base or foundation especially for an organization or system.

There is no such thing as an organization of one.  A TM with this as a complex form wouldn't be able to benefit from it unless there were a bunch of other TMs in some kind of shared brain network also running it.

TI software is run on a building-wide security system, not a commlink. 
If you had a cluster of links or radio signal scanners all running it, then you could probably benefit from it.  Otherwise, no dice. 
Just use a TacNet.

Sichr

• Prime Runner
  • TOTÁLNÍ FAŠÍRKA ZMRDI !!!
« Reply #3 on: <06-30-11/1427:44> »
TI is one of Tacnet inputs...