NEWS

Thagomizer BP cost?

• 5 Replies

gourry187

• Newb
« on: <06-21-11/0938:12> »
in the Runners companion, under metagenetic qualities is the Functional Tail.  It has a cost of 5-15 BP.  I'm assuming there is a misprint for the Thagomizer and that its supposed to be 15BP and not 10 as there is nothing listed with a 15BP cost . . . unless I'm overlooing something.

Is this assumption correct?

Nebular

• Newb
« Reply #1 on: <06-21-11/1428:34> »
Well, unfortunately there's no errata for Runner's Companion, and the Runner's Toolkit doesn't have a compiled table for Qualities. While the BP total in the Functional Tail summary and in the table at the back of the book would suggest there should be a 15 BP Quality, these types of entries have been wrong in other books as well. (Genetech in Augmentation comes to mind.) Until there's an official word from Catalyst or an errata, I'd argue that 10 BP is the correct cost for Thagomizer. All of the Qualities seem to list their sub-items (such as Prehensile Tail and Thagomizer) in alphabetical order instead of BP order, so there's no guarantee that if Function Tail should have a 15 BP item that Thagomizer would be it because of its placement in the list.
Need a SR4 character generator? Grab the latest version of Chummer, or check out the Chummer discussion for more information!

JimJungle

• Chummer
  • I Keep My Ham Sliding...
« Reply #2 on: <06-26-11/1523:42> »
I have also noticed this. The Prehensile Tail costs 10 BP as does the Thagomizer. The Thagomizer does the same thing as the Prehensile Tail but has the bonus of being used as a weapon. Doesnt make sense that they would cost the same. Thagomizer should cost 15 BP.

Kontact

• Prime Runner
  • You called?
« Reply #3 on: <06-28-11/0748:38> »
It's described as prehensile, but that doesn't mean it provides the mechanical benefits listed in the prehensile tail entry.

gourry187

• Newb
« Reply #4 on: <06-28-11/1011:16> »
If it doesn't act as a prehensile tail (as in you can concously control it) it doesn't make a very good weapon.
As per Arsenal ...
A Thagomized (10 BP) IS a powerfully muscled prehensile tail ...

Kontact

• Prime Runner
  • You called?
« Reply #5 on: <06-30-11/0222:14> »
There's a difference between having conscious control of the appendage and being able to hang from it or manipulate objects with it.

One is what it means to be prehensile, by definition, and the other is what it means to have the benefits of the Prehensile Tail quality.

The description says it is prehensile, however, it never says that the Thagomizer provides the benefits of the Prehensile or even Balance Tail qualities.

Register