Shadowrun Play > Rules and such

quick question on splitting dice pool

<< < (2/5) > >>

Frankie the Fomori:
By RAW the first response is correct. Anything else does not seem to be supported by 4Ea and thus may be considered a house ruling. I do not mean to step on any toes if you have additional information that refutes this then please post so we may know the rules better

Lansdren:

--- Quote from: anotherJack on ---Actually, you can apply the smartlink when wielding two guns, but not by making two shot in the same action (so not when you split your dice pool).
Example : you have two ruger S.warhawk. One is affiliated to the smartlink, the other not at this time.
- Simple action : you shot with the first ruger, you can aply the smartlink
- Automatic action : you switch the affilieted ruger from the first to the secondth
- Simple action : you shot with the secondth ruger, you can apply the smartlink (but the off hand modifier too)

--- End quote ---

Whilst you are correct that isnt the answer to the question at hand.

When dealing with firing two guns At the same time you lose your smartlink bonus.

anotherJack:
Yep, I just wanted to make a precision about "smartlink not applying when you use two weapons". It too easily could be misinterpreted.

flatlyne2001:
Thanks everyone for the responses.

Since I'm using both Ambi quality and cybereyes, maybe I'll work with my GM on a house rule for this.

I mean granted going from 19dice down to 17 wouldn't be worst thing in the world but when you have a PhysAdept in your group using 23'ish dice for each attack you need all the dice you can due to monster toughness creep.

Darkeus:
As I understand it, Smartlinks do not apply to firing two-handed.

Ambidextrous eliminates the -2 off-hand penalty you get when you shoot with two guns.

As for what kind of attacks you can do while dual-wielding pistols, that is a whole different story.

What the rules say and what people want to do sometimes differ.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version