Shadowrun Play > Rules and such

quick question on splitting dice pool

(1/5) > >>

flatlyne2001:
My char wields dual pistols at times, my question is would you add your dice for smartlink before or after splitting?

Sonarean:
Pg 150 of SR4 anniversary edition states:

"Two-gun attacks also negate any dice pool bonuses from smartlinks or laser sights"

So you don't get the smartlinking bonus at all.

FastJack:
As a GM, I might allow the bonus to apply once if you're focusing all attacks on a single target. You may have two guns, but your two eyes are hardcoded to focus on a single target.

Of course, that brings up cybereyes/SURGE Lizard eyes/Adept powers that allow you to see through, control and interpret each eye individually... Hmm... ;)

Okay... Maybe it's good that the RAW say "No". ;D

Bradd:
In general, dice pool modifiers apply after splitting. For example, if you have a tacnet with +3 bonus, it will add to both attacks, and if you're firing blind, it's -6 to both attacks. There are a few specific exceptions: As noted above, you lose smartgun/laser bonuses entirely, and some mods like Multi-Strike apply before splitting.

anotherJack:
Actually, you can apply the smartlink when wielding two guns, but not by making two shot in the same action (so not when you split your dice pool).
Example : you have two ruger S.warhawk. One is affiliated to the smartlink, the other not at this time.
- Simple action : you shot with the first ruger, you can aply the smartlink
- Automatic action : you switch the affilieted ruger from the first to the secondth
- Simple action : you shot with the secondth ruger, you can apply the smartlink (but the off hand modifier too)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version