NEWS

[recruiting] SRM03-05

• 81 Replies

Triggvi

• Omae
  • It is all fun and games until the rum runs out
« Reply #30 on: <05-18-11/0011:12> »
Not yet, but I will....
How useful will a vehicle be in Manhattan?
Speaking  Com  Thinking

fazzamar

• Newb
« Reply #31 on: <05-18-11/0026:53> »
Depends on if you go to the trouble to get a vehicle pass, also, everything won't happen on the island. You can get away without a vehicle without too much trouble, but they're good to have for get aways.

fazzamar

• Newb
« Reply #32 on: <05-18-11/1458:50> »
Still looking for a couple more players, any takers?

Cato

• Omae
« Reply #33 on: <05-18-11/2012:08> »
I'm interested.  I can generally post daily barring extraordinary circumstances.

Any particular type of character you want/need in the group or should I just send one?

Chrona

• Prime Runner
« Reply #34 on: <05-18-11/2017:23> »
As a SRM3 GM i wish this game plenty of luck and hope it goes really well

Triggvi

• Omae
  • It is all fun and games until the rum runs out
« Reply #35 on: <05-18-11/2018:09> »
we already have a mage/infiltrator and an adept face and I think someone is doing a rigger.
Speaking  Com  Thinking

fazzamar

• Newb
« Reply #36 on: <05-18-11/2037:15> »
Cato: We actually have an adept face, B&E guy, and I'm not completely sure on the third yet, but I think it's a melee focused character. So we could use some gun skills, magical skills, driving skills, or pretty much anything but another face or another dedicated B&E.

Chrona: Thanks! Any advice?

Chrona

• Prime Runner
« Reply #37 on: <05-18-11/2054:31> »
Cato: We actually have an adept face, B&E guy, and I'm not completely sure on the third yet, but I think it's a melee focused character. So we could use some gun skills, magical skills, driving skills, or pretty much anything but another face or another dedicated B&E.

I'm no expert
Manhattan is a heavily secure sprawl. the Terminal is the criminal's safe haven but has some of the highest security on the island at it's perimeter. They're version of the barrens, The Pit , is the least secure part of the island but is being quickly built up by Urban Assistance and Lower East Heritage, without corp involvement.
But Don't get bogged down in the security or your runners will die or be arrested constantly.
The very lest, the game might grind to a halt from constant border crossing and how hard it is to get on or off the island without knowing a Skimmer.

Also make sure they all buy passes, cant get to a lot of places (cant drive and cant take a lot of the subway) on a visitors (red) pass. I price them like licenses, R.6 is white.

fazzamar

• Newb
« Reply #38 on: <05-19-11/0018:10> »

I'm no expert
Manhattan is a heavily secure sprawl. the Terminal is the criminal's safe haven but has some of the highest security on the island at it's perimeter. They're version of the barrens, The Pit , is the least secure part of the island but is being quickly built up by Urban Assistance and Lower East Heritage, without corp involvement.
But Don't get bogged down in the security or your runners will die or be arrested constantly.
The very lest, the game might grind to a halt from constant border crossing and how hard it is to get on or off the island without knowing a Skimmer.

Also make sure they all buy passes, cant get to a lot of places (cant drive and cant take a lot of the subway) on a visitors (red) pass. I price them like licenses, R.6 is white.

Thanks for the tips, I'll keep them in mind. Regarding getting in and out of the island, with the help of google maps it appears that many of the locations in the Missions are not in Manhattan but instead in one of the boroughs (Queens, Brooklyn, etc).

gargamel

• Newb
« Reply #39 on: <05-19-11/0415:58> »
rigger is cancelled im building an orc cybernetic melee/smg/explosives guy.  i realized imnot familiar enough with the rules for hacking

mdp

• Chummer
« Reply #40 on: <05-19-11/0706:13> »
If you still have a spot left, I would like to give a hacker/infiltrator a try

fazzamar

• Newb
« Reply #41 on: <05-19-11/0905:23> »
If you still have a spot left, I would like to give a hacker/infiltrator a try

There's room. So far we have a Infiltrator w/ some hacking skills, Face, and Melee/Gun Bunny, fortunately the infiltrator isn't a bad thing to have an extra one of. Generally I think double covering a role would only cause a problem for two dedicated hackers or two riggers perhaps, everything else should be good, just keep in mind you'll be sharing the spotlight when sneaking is required.   ;)

Rockopolis

• Omae
  • Severe Shadowrun Addiction
« Reply #42 on: <05-19-11/1043:27> »
Argh, I'm jonesing for a game to play.  There's still a spot left, right?  I think I'm going to have to come up with a new character, since mine's got an Adept power from War, and has almost hardmaxed logic.  Plus, I haven't really had a chance to test it, I think it might be too limited in application, beyond a medic technician, especially if I drop the Power.

It looks like you need a spellslinger.  I'd have to build one from scratch.  I tend to prefer generalists, but is there any particular focus you prefer?
Shadowrunners are reminded that the Fashion Police are a real organization and will they will be deployed at the first sign of defiance.
Mossy the Mentat Looking for a game.

fazzamar

• Newb
« Reply #43 on: <05-19-11/1215:02> »
Rockopolis: You would take us up to five, so yea, there's a spot left. However, as mentioned before, I'm taking the first 5 who get characters to me.
Hardmaxed logic huh? So around 12? Yea, I'd have to say no to that.
As far as mages go, whatever you feel like playing.

Rockopolis

• Omae
  • Severe Shadowrun Addiction
« Reply #44 on: <05-19-11/1302:26> »
It was mostly a test of concept :P.  As far as I've been able to determine, the hard max is actually 13; 9 base and 13 augmented.  Not sure there's really that many Logic based skills needed on a 'run, though it makes for an awesome support character.

Edit; not really going to be able to get started until I get home, though.
« Last Edit: <05-19-11/1307:10> by Rockopolis »
Shadowrunners are reminded that the Fashion Police are a real organization and will they will be deployed at the first sign of defiance.
Mossy the Mentat Looking for a game.