Where does the food come from?

• 70 Replies

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #60 on: <06-17-11/1147:24> »
Exactly.

My Dog Shaman is working on a recipe for Alley Cat A La Tang.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Orkimedes

• Newb
« Reply #61 on: <06-17-11/1552:49> »
"Oh, man, REAL MEAT!"  "You know where that..."  "Real.  Meat.  Shut up now."

Lenina Huxley: [Spartan encounters a burger grill in the underground world] Just don't ask them where the meat comes from.
    John Spartan: Huxley, what's that supposed to mean?
    Lenina Huxley: Do you see any cows around here, detective?

They implied that it was rat though, not human. Although, don't eat the street vendor food at the Meat Market...

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #62 on: <06-17-11/1703:37> »
Mr. And Mrs. Ratt's Rat On A Stick Stand in Touristville is pretty safe, however.   ;D

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

The_Gun_Nut

• Ace Runner
« Reply #63 on: <06-18-11/1205:50> »
They didn't imply.  The vendor flat out said "rat" in spanish.
There is no overkill.

Only "Open fire" and "I need to reload."

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #64 on: <06-18-11/1242:16> »

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #65 on: <06-18-11/1418:21> »
I'm just going to put this link right over here ...

http://filmdrunk.uproxx.com/2011/06/friday-free-for-all-japanese-scientists-invent-poop-steaks
Oh $Deity.

"Eat recycled food:  It's good for the environment and OK for you!"

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

baronspam

• Omae
« Reply #66 on: <06-19-11/0050:26> »
On a slightly differernt tack-  In a weird way I think the "junk" food of the 6th world might be somewhat healthy.  If its all make of soy, krill, algae, etc.  It may be genetically engeneered to hades and back, but those chips from stuffer shack are high in protien, have a surprising amount of fiber, and probably have a good dose of micronutrients from the special algaes they tank farm for food stock blends.  You would still want to eat a real apple or orange once in a while if you could afford it, but overall I think the stuffer shack diet would be high protien, moderate carb, adequate fiber, and low in saturated fats as the only real animal protien you get are from incredibly tiny shrimp.  You certainly aren't getting any real dairy untill you hit a fairly high lifestyle.  Its probably fairly filling as well with the protien and fiber content.  In alot of ways I think it would be healthier than the fast food junk many people eat now.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #67 on: <06-19-11/0219:05> »
Read "Attitude" to find out about how Aztechnology makes "Food-Like Substances", AKA:  "Stuffers".

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Giabralter

• Freelancer
  • Chummer
« Reply #68 on: <06-19-11/1448:37> »
Read "Attitude" to find out about how Aztechnology makes "Food-Like Substances", AKA:  "Stuffers".

I think that's more of an exaggeration (but not far from the truth). Food is mentioned in Running Wild Pg 11, Runners Companion Pg 150 , Corporate Guide pg 36, as well as already stated 6th world almanac.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #69 on: <06-19-11/1712:26> »
*Shrugs*  All I know is that IRL cheap food is filled with additives that are not healthy for you to increase the flavor.  Some of them aren't even artificial.

With extraterritorial corporations that don't even need to disclose dietary information on their products, that's probably a lot, lot worse.

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Lacynth40

• Omae
  • Savaging the average.
« Reply #70 on: <07-28-11/0446:56> »
*Runners walk up behind ghoul. Ghoul turns around revealing he is eating Azzie's newest line of stuffers.* Hey! I thought ghouls could only eat meta meat! *ghoul blinks* I am! Jerk...
"Remember, you can't have manslaughter without laughter."

"If violence begat violence, in every case, every human on the planet would instantly devolve into gibbering murderers in a day."