Shadowrun Play > Character creation and critique

Blank Slate Face Dancer

(1/2) > >>

Rockopolis:
Hmm...after a long and trying dry spell, a small amount of inspiration seems to have struck.
Outis(?) the Face Dancer.  I want to build a character around the False Front Bioware.  A master or mistress of disguise.  Someone who can actually say "I'm nobody."

I'll also be taking Erased II, Restricted Gear (for the maxed out False Front and a Genewipe) and perhaps Deep Cover II.
Amnesia, probably the lesser version, as a side effect of Deep Cover, a Memory Filter or a Mysterious Implant Headsafe; too much read-writing, I guess.
I'm not sure what other negative qualities to take, there's more of a variety; Flashbacks, Dependents, or Hung Out to Dry come to mind.  Buggy Data Filter?
I've got five points left, Adept springs to mind, though I've got rather a lot of lost essence.  Voice Control and Kinesthetics seem handy.

Amnesia combined with Erased; it's entirely possible he's forgotten who he's working for or who set him up with his gear, and they've lost him.  "We lose more operatives that way..."

So far, a Mimic False Front, and a Mimic Gland with internal release.  A genewipe.  A sleep regulator.  Dynamic chameleon skin.
Trying to figure out some other bits of augments or gear, but it's been really expensive already.  Bone density augmentation, perhaps orthoskin, for an edge in a fight?
Would a data filter actually be useful for this character?
Should I look into a headware comlink?  What do I need to program the disguises?  Can use the minor cosmetic alteration bioware to erase fingerprints?  I've got a cellular glove molder, but I need something to get past a retinal scanner and or a voice lock.  Can I get retinal duplication without cybereyes?

Max out the disguise skill, of course.  Stealth, social skills, and probably unarmed combat would seem to be important.  Maybe a little B&E.

What am I missing?

Rockopolis:
Not quite as good as I thought with less sleep deprivation, but I think I'll soldier on.  Maybe save this for an antagonist, if nothing else.

Adept seems like it'd be too...gamey.
Amnesia tends to imply that it's something that will come back to bite you in the ass.  I'm not sure how much of a motivation it is for her; a nagging irritation, but there's other things to do.
I picked up an Attention Coproccessor on advice from "Rules of Thumb".
Interrogation seems like a very valuable skill, along with at least a modicum of electronics.  Probably would be best paired with a hacker (Contact or PC) to do in depth studies.
Is an Executive Protector good for this character?  I think it's a cool weapon, but I'm not sure it really would be useful for this character; nice firepower in a pinch, but kind of awkward otherwise.Eh, don't really have enough money or points left over to pick up firearms.  Maybe use some throwing weapons.
Does a monofilament whip need the Ceramic Components mod?

A Dependent might be an interesting source of points, and would be a tie to the past, or perhaps someone they know is important to them but can't really remember...crap, this is like Alzheimer's.  That's horrible.  I'm sorry. :-[  What is wrong with me?  I should think of something else.  I guess it's compelling/angsty(?), but...no.
Someone she met after the most recent blank periods, then?

Sid:
Blandness is always a good quality for blending in - and not necessarily just a visual quality, either. Gait, vocal tone / accent, mannerisms, and so on apply.

If you prepare to use it, event reprogramming could be a good addition to your repertoire. You just need the Psychology skill and a PAB unit (unwired, 190) and you're all set to kidnap and brainwash people before a run. Even better, you can record their memory before impersonating them, then record you pretending to be them for memory replacement. Brain scrub, and no one will ever have a clue that they were gone for a week. Except you.

On the list of items I figured would be handy for not getting tripped up pretending to be someone you aren't;

Genewipe / Masque; getting a match on your dna makes the rest of your disguise useless, so having your cells decompose before testing, or never give a positive ID match generally helps. C2 is also good for this, but more obvious.

Retinal Duplication, Dynamic Handprints, Voice Modulator - all designed to fool different biometric scanners. You won't be able to get all of them straight off, which will shape what you can pull off before you complete the set.

Biometric Scanners - prints, dna, voice, retinal and a decent camera for facial and full body shots. When making a False Front body image, you hope to get lucky in finding the data pre-recorded, but plan on recording your target's data without being suspicious.

Saviour Medkit - you've got a digital image, and you're tricked out with a False Front plus mimic gland. How do they interact? A standard medkit would be enough if you just wanted to synthesise the mimic drug. Changing the drug composition by altering an entire gland? Nanomedical technology to the rescue. Personal opinion on how useful the gland is depends on whether the constant drip mode allows for 30 minutes per dose, or 24/7 mimic drug.

Cyberware Scanner - good to know if your target has any cyberware in places you don't, or vice versa.

Penile Implant (retractable, adjustable gel reservoirs) - there are some parts of the body that shifting muscle mass just won't change. That may or may not be an issue, or thoroughly uncomfortable if it ever comes up in conversation ... may also be useful in obtaining biometric data samples. All types. Just saying.

Knowsofts - always good to know what you're supposed to. Information points from someone's stored & digitised memories would be useful.

Write out a sheet some time, Rock.

Glyph:
Blandness is a much better buy than Deep Cover.  The former gives you a tangible advantage, while the latter makes you pay for what is essentially background flavor (and of dubious usefulness - Escaped Clone falls under this category as well).

An adept version of this character would have facial sculpt and melanin control rather than false front and chameleon skin - but while the adept can make a good "master of disguise", augmentation is better for emulating a specific person when you need to fool scanners.

Sid:

--- Quote ---Escaped Clone falls under this category as well
--- End quote ---
I'd need to actually look at Deep Cover again, but think of this - Escaped Clone, if you were cloned from a legitimate member of society, makes you that person for most physical checks and purposes. It also identifies you as property and without legal rights, should there be anything to confirm you are not an original.

I'd say there's some use to be gained from that.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version