NEWS

Urban Brawl -- 4th Scenario (finished)

• 110 Replies

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #90 on: <05-03-11/1809:22> »
@Brick:
[OOC: Driver's Evasive Driving: Reaction 7 + Handling 0 + Pilot Ground 3= (10d6.hits(5)=5).]

The driver apparently saw you aiming your giant gun at him and just starts swerving back and forth trying to avoid your burst.  You see the 3 cannon rounds tear 3 large chunks out of the pavement right around which keeps on swerving evasively. 

@Wagner:

Your analyze program shows you that the Spider is a attempting to terminate his VR feed and jack out.  The Grid Guide system also is receiving user reports of calls to KE in your vicinity. 

[OOC: you can interrupt the Spider Hacker if you want.  The Gridguide system is merely showing alerts which were placed directly to KE, so you're unable to intercept them. Either way it's your turn cuz you said you wanted to go before the mage, but i don't know if you want to interrupt the Hacker's Jack out.]

Initiative so far:
CT1,IP2: Stryker-16, Zach-16, Driver-14, Wagner-13 (holding), Brick-13, Spider-12, Mage-10, Guidance Spirit-9
Edge: Opposing Team-Full, Stryker-2/3, Brick-3/3, Zach-0/1
Wounds: Stryker{1S}, Mage{1S}
Chase Setup:
|Driver|+Medium+|Rover|
|Zach| --out of chase combat
« Last Edit: <05-03-11/1847:33> by inca1980 »

Xzylvador

• Prime Runner
  • Ask me about NERPS! 30% Sales!
« Reply #91 on: <05-04-11/0312:21> »
Yes, you run, drekhead! Now let's see if I can get rid of that other nuisance too.
On the roof of the Toyota, a well oiled and perfectly timed piece of machinery quickly unfolds a turret that wasn't there before. Mounted on it a machine gun and grenade launcher. A dull "thump" can be heard as Wagner wills it to fire a HE grenade into the open roof of the vehicle behind them.

[OOC: If I'm not jumped in anymore, the dice pool is -1, Command 6 instead of Response 5 + Rigging 2. I'm really trying to fire into open roof, so the grenade will (hopefully) bounce inside of the car and we get the nice "chunky salsa" effect in such a confined space, so I expect you'll take off some more dice from the roll.  Apply other modifiers as you see fit.
Response 5 + Gunnery 4 + HotSim 2 + Rigging 2 + Edge 3: 16d6.hitsopen(5,6) → [5,[6, 5],5,[6, 1],5,[6, 1],5,[6, 4],4,3,4,4,2,1,2,1] = (9)
:o  ... Awesome! Also, last 8 dice aren't hits, so up to a -8(-7 if remote control) penalty on the shot should still net me 9 hits. First 8 dice: 9 hits!
High-explosive grenade: 10P, -2AP, -2DV/m, airburst link on launcher, so explodes at the end of this IP.]
« Last Edit: <05-04-11/0318:33> by Xzylvador »

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #92 on: <05-04-11/0510:15> »
@Wagner:
[OOC: Driver's Defense: Reaction 7 + Pilot Ground 3 = (10d6.hits(5)=1) That means you have 8 net hits so you reduced scatter to zero, direct hit, with a called shot to get it in the sunroof.  Well, you did it.  I'm not even rolling defense.  That's minimum 20P.]

Your Analyze program shows that the Spider hacker has jacked out and the Grid Guide IC are back to their normal guard posts. 

The targeting reticules you see overlain on your turret sensors begin to calculate millions of possible trajectories and begin outputting statistical assessments.  You see that the female hobgoblin blocks most of the sunroof opening, but there still is a little 10 cm space which you could land a mini-grenade into the cabin of the sports car.  You readjust the targeting parameters and rerun the ballistics and your output statistics give you a 13.8% chance of success.  You decide it's time to spin the chambers and just go for it.  You set the airburst link timing to detonate a few fractions of a second later to make sure the grenade goes off once having bounced in the cabin a little bit. 

Popping a grenade out of your turret has been rigged to feel like spitting a marble out of your mouth and you spit with all your might and watch it fly.  The mage hobgoblin sees the turret fire and tries to duck but this just widens the open gap in the sunroof even further and the next thing you know she disappears from sight while the tinted windows blow right out and the whole top part of the car is ripped clear from the rest of the chasis and becomes covered in rolls of greyish black smoke.  The bottom of the vehicle explodes as well causing the sports car's rear to flip over it's front and just start to tumble down the street completely on fire.  It finally crash into a series of parked cars and is consumed by one more giant explosion. 

« Last Edit: <05-04-11/0514:57> by inca1980 »

Xzylvador

• Prime Runner
« Reply #93 on: <05-04-11/0536:28> »
The chasing car taken out and the hacker probably suffering dumpshock for a while, Wagner's back in a good mood, forgetting all about the screwup with the jammer. Too bad about the car, it looked nice, but there wasn't much left of it now.
"Reminds me of old job. Good times, everythink okay! Zach, you good?
'Ode to Joy', still sounding through the speakers, reached its end and was followed by Chopin's Nocturne, solo piano. Wagner is a lousy DJ and refuses to spend money on a Smart-DJ program originally designed loud trash music.
The turret vanished back into the roof.
"Brick, you close window, please? Then you three sit back and relax!"
He activated the backseats vibration function. Inside his cocoon, a grin appeared on Wagner's otherwise absent-looking face.

He issued commands to his drones. Together with the electronic signals, the commands also sounded spoken in Polish through the car's speakers.
Karina, stand watch and attack whoever Brick attacks, maybe next time you can have some fun too.
Lena, watch for trouble ahead. Luka, watch for trouble or pursuers behind.
Klaudia, keep following planned route, you're doing great! Don't you worry, I won't let them hurt you.
Wagner himself went back to focusing on GridGuide, updating his information on traffic and searching for routes where traffic would let them travel quickly but could be a hindrance for pursuers; or could be made one with a few simple commands. Despite his dislike of the Matrix's graphics, he liked GridGuide's. A map with cars on it, that's how he'd do it too.
« Last Edit: <05-04-11/0821:35> by Xzylvador »

Sichr

• Prime Runner
  • TOTÁLNÍ FAŠÍRKA ZMRDI !!!
« Reply #94 on: <05-04-11/0855:01> »
Cooll, right behind you. We are not out of this yet. This is not Renton, we would have the horde of howling KEyots on our backs in a notime. Heavy weapons in the streets should mean even LAV deployment , so better GTFO or hide for a while. Watch out for street surveillance...Ive just heard the Kaboom, but I suppose it was nice shot, you seem pretty sattisfied :) good work. O&O

Zach is trying to figure out best and most secure way from this point to destination - a lot of bridges, maybe tunel or something like that. If nothing is good enought,

Intuition(4)+Navigation(2)+Mapsoft(5) (11d6.hits(5)=3)
Intuition(4)+Shadowing(3) (7d6.hits(5)=4)
« Last Edit: <05-04-11/1232:55> by Sichr »

Teyl_Iliar

• Omae
  • Professionals, Don't cross them.
« Reply #95 on: <05-04-11/1134:09> »
Brick Pulls the back window back down into place. Marveling at the lucky shot he just witnessed. "<<Damn fine work Wagner! Lets get out of here though, KE won't have missed all that. Stryker, think you might be able to hook us up with some invisablity so we can Dodge em'?">>
UB
Brick
speaking
ITF
Slip
speaking
thinking
comm

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #96 on: <05-04-11/1222:12> »
You notice the Johnson is still on his back in between the seats on the floor of the van clutching his briefcase trying to keep as quiet as he can. 

@Wagner:

[OOC:  Since Zach's smuggling routes is the same DP as his shadowing, i'll just take his shadowing roll as a smuggling routes knowledge skill and that'll give you a +2 on a Vehicle + Edge +{bonuses i'll accept: rigging, handling, +1 morphing plates, hotsim, +2 Zach's smuggling knowledge.} opposed test to see if you can avoid KE, they'll roll perception (+3 for actively looking, +2 pseudo-teamwork, -4 for spirit concealment).  TH 5 cuz of all the destruction.  This is basically a luck + how well you can maneuver.   You can use edge on this test if you want...but they can too.  Here it is: KE Perception 5 + Sensor 4 + Concealment -4 + Actively Looking 3 = (8d6.hits(5)=3).  What the hell, Edge re-roll: (5d6.hits(5)=1).  4 hits.  You need >= 4 hits.]

« Last Edit: <05-04-11/1227:15> by inca1980 »

Xzylvador

• Prime Runner
« Reply #97 on: <05-04-11/1244:30> »
[OOC: Since the others seem so worried about being chased, Wagner will focus more on driving himself. Not like jumping in and out is that much of a problem out of combat and not like GridGuide's helping much. He'll jump in and out regularly, hopping across nodes to check if everything's ok.
Avoiding cops: Driving 2 + Response 5 + VR 2 + Rig 2 + Edge 3 + Bonus 2 + Plates 1 (17d6.hits(5)=7)
-- Wasn't sure about Handling, does the listed Handling from Rover include the bonus/penalty from off-road suspension; if so, which does it list? ]

"You all worry too much, Klaudia is nice for you, enjoy!"

Teyl_Iliar

• Omae
« Reply #98 on: <05-04-11/1249:30> »
Brick notices Dustin's positioning and looks down at Him and grins. "Don't look so tense Dustin, Just remember to keep breathing. We're still on schedule, you're still safe, and everything is going according to plan." Brick takes a look at his AR. the medkit he's hooked into's biomonitor shows Stryker's vitals are a little elevated. <<"Hey Stryker, your vitals are up a little. You want me to fix you up?">>
UB
Brick
speaking
ITF
Slip
speaking
thinking
comm

Sichr

• Prime Runner
« Reply #99 on: <05-04-11/1305:56> »
@Brick: Yeah give him a hug, after those days spent with me Stryker may be eager for a change :)
« Last Edit: <05-04-11/1357:08> by Sichr »

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #100 on: <05-04-11/1317:22> »
@Brick:

Dustin seems to relax a little bit.  He gets up back into the seat and smooths out his clothes a little bit with his hands and looks around nerviously.  As he lays down the massaging seat relaxes him even more and leans his head back and closes his eyes. 

@Wagner:

Zach makes a few corrections to the route which don't much sense to you why his route would be any better, but you've learned that trusting a teammate is usually the best, if not the only, option when faced with a complex set of variables most of which are completely out of your control. 

You skillfully weave through traffic, morphing your plates every few blocks.  As your navigation systems tell you that you're only 1 km out from the drop off you breath a sigh of relief which revs the engine and you focus on the last little stretch, feeling the pavement bristle your tires and your sensors tuned to any KE attention. 

@Everyone:

You finally reach the address and sure enough it isn't an office compound at all.  It's a building so old that it's still made of brick but has been clearly restored and refitted to be an upscale studio apartment complex called the "Palisades".  This whole neighborhood in Everett looks like an industrial quarter which in the last few decades has become gentrified and rather retro-chic.  Not as grungy and off-beat as the late Razor Girl's apartment building which was basically just a few rich kids living in a not-so-nice part of downtown, these several blocks nevertheless had a relaxed feel to them.  Somewhere an off-enclave Evo employee might opt for.  You notice two human men in suits standing outside the entrance to the apartment complex. 

Dustin quickly grabs his brief-case and looks out the windows a few times.  "Those are the guys i'm supposed to meet with.  I don't know how to say this guys, but ....thank you so much.  I've got your number and if there's anything I can do to help any of you out, do not hesitate to call me on this number.  Good-day gentlemen."  An AR business card flies from his PAN to yours and a request prompt asks you if you want to accept number to your contact list.  Almost immediately you receive a message from you shadow-bank account that the escrow account has deposited an amount of 2500Ą to each of your accounts.  You see Dustin hustle over to the gentlemen and they all go inside. 

[OOC: Add Dustin Menugian as a L2/C3 contact.]

Kot

• Ace Runner
  • Meaow
« Reply #101 on: <05-04-11/1403:06> »
Stryker waited silently for Dustin to get out off the car, and then scurried into the back, standing up to the troll.
"Yes, Brick. You can do one thing for me. Don't. Kill. Bystanders." The last three words he punctuated with his index finger placed and pushing at Brick's sternum. It looked silly, with the kid elf and a troll built like a literal house. Stryker was serious though.
"Napalm rockets?! What the hell! One shot from your Panther to the engine, and we would be clear. Did you even think about it?"
He stopped abruptly, and fell to his knees, his hands both on the sides of the head.
"I owe you. For the last three times when you saved my life. And for the one you spared me... Damn, you know what I mean. I would give my puny life for you. And for Zach. I owe you both that much. And now to you too Wagner. But please, I cannot take stuff like that in..."
« Last Edit: <05-04-11/1755:23> by Kot »
Mariusz "Kot" Butrykowski
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup."

Sichr

• Prime Runner
« Reply #102 on: <05-04-11/1414:59> »
On the second thought, he may need more time to spend with me, otherwise he will grow up as an elven girl... :-\
« Last Edit: <05-04-11/1432:24> by Sichr »

Teyl_Iliar

• Omae
« Reply #103 on: <05-04-11/1420:32> »
Brick's eyes narrow, his face goes blank, and voice low as to only be audible for them. "Your point is well taken kid. I didn't mean to hit anyone but the car behind us and I'll apologize to you for that, but it's done. I can't change what happened and I'll adapt my weapons usage if possible in the future. Now please get out of my bubble, I don't want to embarrass you by putting you back in your seat."

(OOC:once stryker goes back to his seat) Brick sighs loudly as wagner pulls away rubbing his face in his hands some of his own tension washing away. then turns in the back to get more comfortable. "Good job boys! Lets eat, My treat! I know a good place too, if you're up for it.."

After the team decides if they want to eat, Brick will call Larry and brief him about the job. As for the joint to eat? Brick knows the exile's bar in Everett and loves the BBQ there and since things went so well on this run He's more than happy to drop 125-150 nuyen on a good team dinner before going home and cleaning up. He'll contact anita for munitions the next day.
UB
Brick
speaking
ITF
Slip
speaking
thinking
comm

Xzylvador

• Prime Runner
« Reply #104 on: <05-04-11/1458:02> »
Wagner emerges from his cocoon and talks while inspecting his car for damage, visibly relieved he can't find any.
"No need be so tough on big guy, was accident. I made accident before, people hurt, I learn, yes? No evil done. And no need giving your life to me, was only grenade in car. Haha, you see that? Nice explosion, in my top 5!"