Shadowrun General > General Discussion

Weird Summoning concept

(1/2) > >>

Longshot23:
Not sure where this belongs, so I'm asking here.

Are there examples in the fluff/lore of metahumans, likely Awakened, being Summoned a la spirits either on Earth or from metaplanes?

Is it actually possible under RAW or RAI?

Reaver:
Not that I am aware of...

On Earth, that would almost be akin to teleportation... which is an unwritten "No -No" of SR magical Lore.

To a metaplane... well physical travel to the Astral and beyond IS possible, it requires the Gateway ability, which is generally limited to great form Spirits....
Awakened can undergo a ritual to reach the meraplanes. It's..... unpleasant (have to deal with The Watcher).

On THAT note; Nothing stops a Great Form Spirit from doing whatever it damn well pleases.

Beta:
In Astral Ways there was a weird bit about The Hive (home metaplane of the Invae), that metahumans can inhabit invae there, much as invae inhabit metahumans on earth. 

That seemed to me to be a real change of the meta-physics of ShadowRun, so we'll see if that is carried on into the future or if that quietly gets dropped.

FastJack:
It's more about figuring out the actual metaplanes beyond where you go to initiate. The Hive and Dis are both planes that are more than a step away from our plane. And the Hive (and others) are foreign enough that simply being there isn't an option.

Longshot23:
A summoning on a metahuman would likely come across as a weird obsession though, and surely be detectable by Assensing. Unless it affects the 'astral form' only. There's several shadowtalk/'fluff' examples of a spirit answering a summoning taking longer than expected, even when there's nothing like background count interfering.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version