Shadowrun Play > Rules and such

[SR6, Body Shop] Nanite Hunter vs. CFD

(1/1)

Rainbow Dolly:
Sooo, quick question. In 5E it was pretty explicitly stated that CFD can not be fought off using Hunter Killer Nanites as they just get assimilated with the rest of them.

But in Body Shop [p. 86] now the Nanite Hunters are described explicitly as something that people get because of CFD. So, that leads me to the question, do they now work as a defense against being infected with CFD or not?

FastJack:
Sixth Edition trumps fifth edition. Technology improves as time marches on. It now works as a defense.

DeathStrobe:
It worked as a cure towards the end of 5e as well, I think.

I believe that the overwriter nanites in Dark Terrors are just Hunter Killer nanites. In Lockdown it sounded like Celedier was close to making Hunter Killers work in 2077. So by 2079 in Dark Terrors, it was figured out. Or so I assume.

Lewis Greywolf:
All the new types of nanites are piloted externally by a nanohive and they lack the capacity to self-replicate. They are too primitive to be taken over and repurposed by the CFD nanites made by the monads, all they can do is break them down into raw parts. When controlled by a nanohive a Nanite Hunter colony is quite capable of targeting and destroying any undesirable nanites, including those from monads. Think of it like ants swarming a larger more evolved attacker to defend the hive.

Reaver:

--- Quote from: Lewis Greywolf on ---All the new types of nanites are piloted externally by a nanohive and they lack the capacity to self-replicate. They are too primitive to be taken over and repurposed by the CFD nanites made by the monads, all they can do is break them down into raw parts. When controlled by a nanohive a Nanite Hunter colony is quite capable of targeting and destroying any undesirable nanites, including those from monads. Think of it like ants swarming a larger more evolved attacker to defend the hive.

--- End quote ---

So in effect, you have 2 groups of nanites warring in the disassembly of each other going on inside your body??

Kinda freaky when you think about it..

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version