Shadowrun Play > Rules and such

[6E] Applying Math SPU Effects

(1/2) > >>

Dreamwalker:
First off, Body Shop turned out really well. Good work!

Reading through it for some time now, I have two questions regarding the Math SPU:

* Does the Math SPU effect apply to Electronics and Cracking tests that involve the Resonance attribute? For example, when threading a complex form.
* How often does the edge cost reduction apply when you use the same edge boost multiple times on a single roll (as permitted by the core rule book)? I assume it only applies once.
Thanks in advance.

FastJack:
1. Since the Math SPU is affecting the skill and not the attribute, it should affect tests involving the Resonance attribute.
2. The reduction is a bit trickier. As a GM, at my table, I would allow it, since the only restriction to the reduction is that it can't reduce it lower than 1 Edge cost, and only lowers it by 1. Since you can't combine multiple boosts/actions per character action, I don't see it abusing Edge to allow the reduction on the same boost used multiple times. However, that is my GM prerogative, and not an official stance (that's above my pay grade).

Michael Chandra:
As far as Edge discounts are concerned: Never spelled out, but the general assumption is that the discount is always on the final cost (so 3x1=3, -1=2). Since a discount can't go to 0, unless very special exceptions, anything costing 1 multiple times wouldn't get discounted otherwise.

MercilessMing:
I wish this was a FAQ item.  IMO also, it should be applied to the final cost for the same reason Chandra explained.  Applied to the final cost, 1-pt boosts can actually benefit, and it prevents discounts from becoming incredibly powerful!

FastJack:

--- Quote from: Michael Chandra on ---As far as Edge discounts are concerned: Never spelled out, but the general assumption is that the discount is always on the final cost (so 3x1=3, -1=2). Since a discount can't go to 0, unless very special exceptions, anything costing 1 multiple times wouldn't get discounted otherwise.

--- End quote ---
Good point.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version