Shadowrun Play > Rules and such

Body Shop: Modular Cyberlimbs

(1/4) > >>

MercilessMing:
According to the table on pg 48, modular mounts cannot be installed in a cybertorso (they have no capacity cost).  This feels like a mistake.  Is this intentional or is it one for errata?

Xenon:
isnt a cybertorso more like a shell. on top of your actual living torso.
...and that your limbs are still (mostly) attached to your living flesh.

and to install a modular connector in your living flesh to enable you to detach and attach cyberlimbs would therefor cost essence rather than capacity, no?

KarmaInferno:
I also posted this in Errata, but it's probably worth some general discussion:

The Modular Mount has an Essence Cost of 0.4, but is this in addition to the associated cyberlimb Essence Cost, or instead of?

Does an attached modular cyberlimb ALSO need the Modular Connector part?

If I have a full cyberlimb and add in the detachment point at the elbow to be able to swap out just the forearm, do we need one Modular Connector? A Mount and a Connector? Two connectors? Do we use the Partial Cyberlimb capacity for the forearm part? So an Obvious cyberarm with a connector at the elbow would have 10 Capacity in the forearm and 5 in the upper arm, and two Capacity is taken up by the connector? Is the Capacity Cost of the connector taken out of the upper or lower arm? If I have a similar Synthetic cyberarm with an elbow connector, can I plug in an Obvious lower cyberarm?

If I want to plug a Modular Cyberarm onto a Cybertorso, do I also need a Modular Mount (costing Essence) or do I use a Modular Connector?

Can the cybernetic Shells from pg 178 be fitted with modular connectors? When removed, how much Capacity is in each body part?

I get the distinct feeling that the modular section was not meant for multi-part limbs.

MercilessMing:

--- Quote ---The Modular Mount has an Essence Cost of 0.4, but is this in addition to the associated cyberlimb Essence Cost, or instead of?
--- End quote ---
To me this is clearly meant to be in addition to cyberlimb essence cost.

--- Quote ---Does an attached modular cyberlimb ALSO need the Modular Connector part?
--- End quote ---
Clearly, yes.  Connectors go in cyberlimbs, and they connect to mounts.  Detachable parts get the male end (connector) and they plug into a female end (mount).

--- Quote ---I get the distinct feeling that the modular section was not meant for multi-part limbs.
--- End quote ---
Also agreed, if it was meant for multi-part limbs, there would have been some explanation of how that would work.  But there isn't.

KarmaInferno:
More Modular questions!

The Lower Body Replacement cyberware specifically allows for a Modular option, requiring two Modular Mounts on the lower body and two Modular Connectors on the legs or whatever part is equivalent to legs you have.

You can then swap in a pair of regular cyberlegs for days where you don't feel like being a centaur. These legs need a Modular Connector each. Okay, good so far.

So, do these cyberlegs ALSO cost their full Essence? Or is that taken care of by the Lower Body Replacement?

For that matter, if you have regular modular cyberlimbs, do you pay the Essence cost every time you swap to another limb?

Yes, this is hyperbole, but it's a consequence of an augmentation costing Essence even though it's not ever directly attached to your body.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version