Shadowrun Play > Rules and such

Body Shop: Cyborgs

(1/2) > >>

KarmaInferno:
Lot of questions on the new Cyborg rules.

● Can Modular Cyberlimb rules be used with the Cybernetic Shells? If so, how is the Capacity of the Shell split up when modular parts are removed?

● "Removing the brain from its original body and implanting it into a CCU completely and permanently disrupts the individual’s magical or technomantic abilities." - Does this also affect Transhumanist grades? If not, can additional brain-based augmentations be installed in the Essence Holes gained by Transhumanists?

● "In order for a cyborg to jump into a shell, drone, or vehicle body, a CCU must be physically plugged into the body." - Does this really mean you can't wirelessly jump into a remote drone like a rigger normally can?

● "Cybernetic or nanotech augmentations that cost Essence but don’t have a capacity cost can be installed in a shell, using their essence rounded up as their capacity cost." - Really? Even heavily brain-based cybertech or nanotech? Wired Reflexes? The new Move By Wire?

● They are immune to externally applied toxins, but can Cyborgs use drugs? Autoinjectors in the CCU, dumping sweet sweet chemicals into the nutrient bath?

I'm sure I will have more questions, but these jump out at me.

-k

Banshee:

--- Quote from: KarmaInferno on ---Lot of questions on the new Cyborg rules.

● Can Modular Cyberlimb rules be used with the Cybernetic Shells? If so, how is the Capacity of the Shell split up when modular parts are removed?

I did not account for modular limbs, we will need to evaluate

● "Removing the brain from its original body and implanting it into a CCU completely and permanently disrupts the individual’s magical or technomantic abilities." - Does this also affect Transhumanist grades? If not, can additional brain-based augmentations be installed in the Essence Holes gained by Transhumanists?

I intend to allow transhumanism to be limited but allowable ..  ir it would only apply to direct cerebral enhancements

● "In order for a cyborg to jump into a shell, drone, or vehicle body, a CCU must be physically plugged into the body." - Does this really mean you can't wirelessly jump into a remote drone like a rigger normally can?

Sort of ..  the CCU can still operate wireless for remote operation but needs a home "body"

● "Cybernetic or nanotech augmentations that cost Essence but don’t have a capacity cost can be installed in a shell, using their essence rounded up as their capacity cost." - Really? Even heavily brain-based cybertech or nanotech? Wired Reflexes? The new Move By Wire?

I guess this needs more clarification... no. Use common sense on what would function in a shell. I.E. wired reflexes and move by wire are vital a haed no as there is no relfex system to augment which is why the cyborg gets to operate with VR reflexes.

● They are immune to externally applied toxins, but can Cyborgs use drugs? Autoinjectors in the CCU, dumping sweet sweet chemicals into the nutrient bath?

Very very very few drugs should be allowed as there is no longer a true biochemistry to interact with.

I'm sure I will have more questions, but these jump out at me.

-k

--- End quote ---

KarmaInferno:
Thanks.

Hm. What would the effects of Adapsin have on a Cyborg?

Or for that matter, the Built Tough or similar Qualities?

KarmaInferno:
Also Also, can the "stock" cyberware in a cybershell be upgraded? The cybereyes, cyberears, etc?

Banshee:

--- Quote from: KarmaInferno on ---Thanks.

Hm. What would the effects of Adapsin have on a Cyborg?

Or for that matter, the Built Tough or similar Qualities?

--- End quote ---

Officially ... Basically useless as there is no body to apply it to
Unofficially... as a GM I would work with a player to allow it under certain circumstances

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version