Shadowrun Play > Rules and such

Jack jockey

<< < (2/2)

Smogg:
Jack Jockey and Aura Link or Resonance wires is amazing for the table because it straight up encourage the TM to run with the group (and in danger) instead of sitting back in the van. Thats not broken. That is pretty awesome.

But hey, if you dont like it, then ban it.

Hobbes:
Resonance Wires and the other Direct Access options I like.  They plug some annoying holes for Matrix characters.  Jack Jockey removes almost all chance of failure for hacking though.  Hosts, Spiders, IC, PANs, none of it matter to Jack Jockey.  That leads to a pretty goofy place if a player really pushes it.

Smogg:
I agree Jack Jokey can make many rolls very easy.

Too me though, Jack Jokey is just a bit of 5th edtion direct connection comming back. In my games if the hacker is within a few meters of whatever he is hacking, the focus shift to the dangers at the location. Guards, Spirits, A spider who will engage in cybercombat... things like that.

Without Jack Jockey, hacking something next to you is not much easier than going through the host. Sure it might be behind another (usually easier host), but still. If you are up against a rating 7 host, then without jack jockey, its going to be hard either way, so the hacker will usually remaing off site.

I guess every table and style differs though. Thats just my 5 cents. I really think the quality is a welcome one in 6e.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version