Shadowrun General > General Discussion

Modified Social Skills

(1/3) > >>

Beansidhe:
Besides the Trustworthy Quality, what are ways to modify your Social Skills?  I don't mind advise on extra dice, but I am specifically wondering about what else modifies social skills to the cap of 9 (10 with another Quality). 

Thanks for thoughts and help. 

FastJack:
Phys Adept powers, some cyber/bioware. There's always circumstantial bonuses to rolls as well.

Catadmin:
Racial attributes - Elves start out with higher Charisma.

Qualities: Exceptional Attribute can add a level to your Charisma, but can only be taken once.

Dice for tests would be:

First Impression adds +2 to Social tests. (Quality)
Fame adds +2 to +6 to certain Social tests, depending on level taken (Quality - Runner's Companion)
Privileged Family Name may work in certain situations too, but check with your GM (Quality - RC)
Etiquette skills, dependent on the group / situation are good. (Knowledge Skills)

Beansidhe:
From what I understand (and I can easily be wrong) but Circumstantial dice bonuses or negatives are not the same as a Modified Skill. 

No magic (other than specific +2 based on Mentor) or Charisma boosts?  I'm designing a Face character that I'm looking at having enhanced by magic (in my mind).  I'm looking at Trustworthy, but can't take that with Magician and some of the other Qualities I'm taking.  So now I'm trying to decide how good Trustworthy (at 20 BP) is and what I will be able to pick up later on that specifically 'Modifies' these skills. 

FastJack:
Check out my Social Adept/Face in the PbP section: Mercedes

--Improved Ability adds dice modifiers to skills to a maximum of ½ of current skill dice.
--Kinesics adds +1/level to Social skill tests.
--Enhanced Ability can up your maximum Charisma by +1

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version