Shadowrun Play > Character creation and critique

mage quality

<< < (3/3)

bluedao:

--- Quote from: Damien Granz on ---Doesn't the SURGE quality itself (the 5, 10, 15 point one) count towards Positive Qualities too though? (I don't mean the metagenic qualities inside it, the 30/15 or whatever).

--- End quote ---

It does but at only half the positive quality worth and 0 the negative. IE 15 point surge gets you 30 points positive qualities and 15 negative but only impacts your total count by 15 and 0.

Damien Granz:

--- Quote from: bluedao on ---
--- Quote from: Damien Granz on ---Doesn't the SURGE quality itself (the 5, 10, 15 point one) count towards Positive Qualities too though? (I don't mean the metagenic qualities inside it, the 30/15 or whatever).

--- End quote ---

It does but at only half the positive quality worth and 0 the negative. IE 15 point surge gets you 30 points positive qualities and 15 negative but only impacts your total count by 15 and 0.

--- End quote ---

Yeah, that's how I understood it.. whew, I was about to worry that we'd messed up again.

Ten-Hex:

--- Quote from: Medicineman on ---
and IIRC I have 2 of my surged Chars with Astral Perception .It saves a point of Ki Powers

with a saved Dance
Medicineman

--- End quote ---

Not to ruin your fancy dancing, but how do you accomplish that? Astral Sight cannot be taken by anyone with the adept or mystic adept quality, even as part of a SURGE changeling package.

Medicineman:
Thats not quit right  .There is the "Spökenkieker" (Streetmagic German Version Pg 25 astral Perception 5 Pts Positive Quality) and the Runners Compendium (Pg 117 German Version("further metagenetic Qualities " ?) ) explicitely says that awakened qualities can be used/are valid for Surge and Astral Perception is one of these)
Ahh ,OK, I reread Your Post (and Pg 25....) Hmmm
Okeeeeeeeiiiih,Jah,Hmmmm....
Didn't consider it/never seen it from this Angle.....
Well ,as long as no GM and no Fellow Player complains... .everybody is Happy  ;D
Its also ....unpleasant because I have a very interesting Concept of a "semi-awakened"Char (an Aztech-Ex-Seal with astral Perception and latent awakening who will(one Day) awake completely and I wanted to Change the Karmapoints I paid for those Two Qualities for ....whatever the GM chooses...Hmmm)

with a metagenetic Dance
Medicineman

Ten-Hex:

--- Quote from: Medicineman on ---
Well ,as long as no GM and no Fellow Player complains... .everybody is Happy  ;D

--- End quote ---

Most important rule of any game. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version