NEWS

invasive medical treat ment, traumal/transplant surgery

• 4 Replies

Coldbringer

• Newb
« on: <03-30-11/1145:59> »
So I have searched high and low for surgery costs for trauma and transplant surgeries but only have found the daily care rates. Is there a  price hiding some place for medical procedures, or is it assumed to be included in the 1K daily rate for intensive care?
http://veggeek.wordpress.com
Gaming, pop culture and what not.

Dakka

• Omae
« Reply #1 on: <03-30-11/1333:30> »
More likely it's included in the implant cost.  Who would get an actual live tissue transplant and risk rejection when you can get a cyber kidney?

Coldbringer

• Newb
« Reply #2 on: <03-30-11/1602:13> »
Well the mage who has cloned up parts in the Doc Wagon vault. He had a critical glitch on his edge test after a super nasty wound in astral combat that left him  a block away from beyond recovery capital "D" dead. massive organ failure requiring transplants struck me as the most appropriate consequense. I am leaning towards modding the organ costs in Augmentation to tally up his hospital bill.
http://veggeek.wordpress.com
Gaming, pop culture and what not.

Dakka

• Omae
« Reply #3 on: <03-30-11/1742:01> »
Depending on his DocWagon coverage he might be paid for.  Gold service includes one free resuscitation per year, otherwise its 5,000 nuyen.  That would be a good place to start, then get him for maybe 2 weeks to a month of intensive care as he is in recovery.

Kontact

• Prime Runner
  • You called?
« Reply #4 on: <03-30-11/2029:50> »
Well, there are times listed for how long a surgery takes and damages listed for different types of surgery.  Take those two things and compare them to the rates for staying in whatever grade clinic the player is using. 

So, the cost for the surgery is included in the purchase price, but if you want to include additional costs, just use daily hospitalization for the time it takes to do the surgery and to recover from it.

Best I can figure.  :-\