...or a bike :)

NP, just LOL. Bad, Bad habbit.   ::)

Kot

• Ace Runner
  • Meaow
« Reply #48 on: <04-07-11/0904:30> »
I have to clarify my Mentor Spirit a bit:

Shadow
A being from the deep Metaplanes that connects to Griffin's soul, whispering infinite things into his mind. It's presence heightens the mundane and Awakened senses of the bonded, and gives him the opportunity to never be lonely, but for a price of weakening the very essence of Fate to the point where death seems to linger on the doorstep...
Advantages: +2 dice for Perception and Assensing Tests, +2 dice for Detection spells
Disadvantages: –1 die to resist Physical damage
Mariusz "Kot" Butrykowski
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup."

Sichr

• Prime Runner
  • TOTÁLNÍ FAŠÍRKA ZMRDI !!!
« Reply #49 on: <04-07-11/0922:49> »
I have to clarify my Mentor Spirit a bit:

Shadow
A being from the deep Metaplanes that connects to Griffin's soul, whispering infinite things into his mind. It's presence heightens the mundane and Awakened senses of the bonded, and gives him the opportunity to never be lonely, but for a price of weakening the very essence of Fate to the point where death seems to linger on the doorstep...
Advantages: +2 dice for Perception and Assensing Tests, +2 dice for Detection spells
Disadvantages: –1 die to resist Physical damage

I would be carefull about that "Shadow" because Shadow spirits are the Magical threat I use very often in my games...and something wrong may happen. If there is any connection between this, I should rather know to act properly in possible encounters.

Kot

• Ace Runner
  • Meaow
« Reply #50 on: <04-07-11/0931:14> »
It's just a nickname that Griffin gave him, because he's always there, and following him - just like a shadow. And those 'shadow' spirits are something I remember well from Earthdawn.  There is no connection, I know what they can do too well... Pesky buggers. :)
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup."

Sichr

• Prime Runner
« Reply #51 on: <04-07-11/0933:02> »
Id rather say...tempting for some people ;)

Kot

• Ace Runner
  • Meaow
« Reply #52 on: <04-08-11/0644:41> »
Caution! A massive roll block ahead. :)
I've wanted to check out how this character would work rules-wise, so I'll explain the rolls now.
First, Griffin will Assense the scene, and make a thorough visual search, and also try using other senses. While Assensing, so that's with a -2 penalty for non-magical actions. Anything he'd be able to find he will confront with his knowledge and skill in both Forensics, and Magical Background. Anything he finds he will also tell his Agent - Katrina - to make a detailed search on in both the Matrix, and his PocketMage library.
As I've noted, he will in the meantime summon Watchers to help with the work, but their rules aren't really good, so I leave them to you, Sichr.

Quote from: Ecamining the scene
Assensing: Intuition(4)+Assensing(2)+Specialty(2)+Mentor(2) (10d6.hits(5)=6)
Summoning three (3) Watchers for 2 hours of service each. With a Summoning pool of 8 and a Drain Resistance pool of 10 Griffin can easily do that without any complications by buying hits. The spirits will be sent around in a radial pattern from his location to look for astral echoes, and signs of magic use.
Perception(visual): Intuition(4)+Perception(5)+Specialty(2)+Mentor(2)+Spell(2)+Enhancements(3)-Assensing(2) (16d6.hits(5)=8)
Perception(general): Intuition(4)+Perception(5)+Mentor(2)-Assensing(2) (9d6.hits(5)=2)
Magic Bacground: Logic(5)+MagicBackround(5) (10d6.hits(5)=1)
Re-rolling Magic Background:     Logic(5)+MagicBackround(5)-2ndAttempt(2) (8d6.hits(5)=3)
Forensics: Logic(5)+Forensics(4)+Specialty(2) (11d6.hits(5)=4)
Agent-Browse: Agent(3)+Browse(4) (7d6.hits(5)=2)
Agent-PocketMage: Agent(3)+PocketMage(3) (6d6.hits(5)=1)

Sichr

• Prime Runner
« Reply #53 on: <04-08-11/0654:48> »
Use Watchers as a cooperativc test, each Watcher adds +1 dice to assensing test (As a sole watche assenses shit if he stumps into it, but due to their psychic link with you, it is like to have more eyes to see the scene).
The place has 3 Background count, so it is -3 modifier for your assensing.

Adjust the pools, if you haveto roll more dices, roll them and add it to the post, if you need to roll less dices, tel me how much, I will extract the rolls in your link..
« Last Edit: <04-08-11/0657:02> by Sichr »

Kot

• Ace Runner
  • Meaow
« Reply #54 on: <04-08-11/0656:58> »
That's the first thing my Assensing test was for. And three watchers would negate the penalty, so can i keep the roll? I like it.
Oh, and since my Magic is actually only 3 here, those watchers are there only for a hour.

Sichr

• Prime Runner
« Reply #55 on: <04-08-11/0659:47> »
That's the first thing my Assensing test was for. And three watchers would negate the penalty, so can i keep the roll? I like it.
Oh, and since my Magic is actually only 3 here, those watchers are there only for a hour.

Keep it, OK for me.

Sichr

• Prime Runner
« Reply #56 on: <04-08-11/0701:02> »
And please post rolls in IC :)

EDIT: I just need to see it when Im writing my answer and dont want to jum between pannels constantly :)
« Last Edit: <04-08-11/0842:03> by Sichr »

Kot

• Ace Runner
  • Meaow
« Reply #57 on: <04-08-11/0703:11> »
Okay. I just didn't wanted to clutter the post with this many rolls.

Sichr

• Prime Runner
« Reply #58 on: <04-08-11/0833:51> »
Also...srry for delay.
You are not able to use visual perception while you are assensing.
You are not perceiving both worlds at once.

Kot

• Ace Runner
  • Meaow
« Reply #59 on: <04-08-11/0836:07> »
Then consider it flicking the magic sense on and off. I bet this character could handle it...

Register