NEWS

(6e) impact of AR, VR(cole), VR(hot)

• 19 Replies

dougansf

• Newb
« Reply #15 on: <08-07-20/2013:24> »
And with a cyberjack (or living persona), some Major Actions are demoted down to Minor Actions.

Can you provide examples of that? I have yet to notice any such benefit.

Stainless Steel Devil Rat

• Errata Coordinator
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #16 on: <08-07-20/2058:17> »
And with a cyberjack (or living persona), some Major Actions are demoted down to Minor Actions.

Can you provide examples of that? I have yet to notice any such benefit.

Matrix Perception.

I thought there was more than that, but there's that*. 

*It requires cyberDECK, not cyberJACK to go down from Major to Minor.  Still, not having to "waste" a major identifying icons for an emergency, mid-combat hack is a big deal.  And if you're in hot sim, using Matrix Perception to spot your targets then spending 2 majors to hack them... you're in effect getting 3 major actions!
RPG mechanics exist to give structure and consistency to the game world, true, but at the end of the day, you’re fighting dragons with algebra and random number generators.

Beta

• Ace Runner
  • SR1 player, SR5 GM@FtF & player@PbP
« Reply #17 on: <08-07-20/2154:08> »
The lack of "Limp Noodle" is an oversight, ASIST overrides muscular control too.

Thank you for the clarification -- even if it wasn't the answer I'd been hoping for. 

Hmmm, if I give up the crossbow I can fit gecko gloves into the budget along with the drag handle ...

Xenon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #18 on: <08-07-20/2228:37> »
It requires cyberDECK, not cyberJACK
It is actually either or.

SR6 p. 178 Running Silent
Making a Matrix Perception test to find someone running silent is a typically a Major Action, but if performed by a runner with a cyberdeck, cyberjack, or a Resonance attribute, it is a Minor Action.

Stainless Steel Devil Rat

• Errata Coordinator
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #19 on: <08-07-20/2234:42> »
It requires cyberDECK, not cyberJACK
It is actually either or.

SR6 p. 178 Running Silent
Making a Matrix Perception test to find someone running silent is a typically a Major Action, but if performed by a runner with a cyberdeck, cyberjack, or a Resonance attribute, it is a Minor Action.

Pg. 185 says Cyberdeck or Resonance.  Hooray for inconsistency!
RPG mechanics exist to give structure and consistency to the game world, true, but at the end of the day, you’re fighting dragons with algebra and random number generators.