NEWS

Where's Harlequin? What happened to Renny and Haberstam

• 66 Replies

Angelone

• Ace Runner
  • A decent perfection
« Reply #30 on: <04-01-11/2349:51> »
Argent is probably still around, Death looks over it's shoulder for him. Peg is still too, I think, last I can absolutely pin her down she was running a team called DAMAGE (I think that's the name), but was having a hard time keeping them under control. Then again she can't unplug herself from the matrix so might not have made it out. Sane anyway.

Edit- clarity
« Last Edit: <04-01-11/2356:29> by Angelone »
REJOICE! For bad things are about to happen.
la vida no vale nada

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #31 on: <04-01-11/2354:54> »
*Sighs*  I have some ideas, but dare not write them down for fear...
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Angelone

• Ace Runner
  • A decent perfection
« Reply #32 on: <04-01-11/2359:18> »
A lot of the old NPCs haven't been accounted for yet. Jack Skater, Archangel, and the rest of their crew, Dirk Montgomery as well.
la vida no vale nada

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #33 on: <04-02-11/0016:01> »
Dirk, Wolf (Not the one with Dr. Raven, the other Wolf), and Argent's author is gone now.   :'(  Doubt we'll ever see any of them again.

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Angelone

• Ace Runner
  • A decent perfection
« Reply #34 on: <04-02-11/0030:41> »
Yeah, it's a terrible shame too those were great characters.
la vida no vale nada

ChaoticWeevil

• Newb
« Reply #35 on: <04-02-11/1230:01> »
Dirk, Wolf (Not the one with Dr. Raven, the other Wolf), and Argent's author is gone now.   :'(  Doubt we'll ever see any of them again.

Dirk is actually back in a short story in the Spells & Chrome anthology. The story is called Caliban and was written by Phaedra Weldon, who apparently has also written an upcoming novel about Netcat!

The story was really good and takes place in current times, though I am a little upset about a very wrong detail from his past in it.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #36 on: <04-02-11/1243:07> »
He didn't turn Dirk into a full-on cyborg, did he?

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Digital_Viking

• Omae
« Reply #37 on: <04-02-11/1339:14> »
though I am a little upset about a very wrong detail from his past in it.

Yeah I was kind of   :o about that too.
"Which is better and which is worse,I wonder - To understand or to not understand?"
"Understanding is always worse. To not understand is to never carry the burden of responsibility. Understanding is pain. But anything less is unacceptable."

ChaoticWeevil

• Newb
« Reply #38 on: <04-02-11/1705:30> »
Ill put a SPOILER ALERT here but try to still be vague since I am not familiar on how the rules go here yet. (Newb to the forum)

I think there was a few discrepancies but the biggest one, to me at least, was that he was doing a favor for a friend of his in the story. That friend was killed, very gruesomely, in the original novels. So it felt to me like the author just read the first couple of chapters to get personality down and then started writing.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #39 on: <04-02-11/1752:55> »
Aw son of a...  You're kidding?  A thing as big as that?  What's next, he runs into his sister and they're happy to see each other?

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

ChaoticWeevil

• Newb
« Reply #40 on: <04-02-11/1940:53> »
lol, I think that would of been even worse!

Abstruse

« Reply #41 on: <04-02-11/2001:07> »
Aw son of a...  You're kidding?  A thing as big as that?  What's next, he runs into his sister and they're happy to see each other?
Apparently, she's an executive VP at Ares now :/

Trying to find the book/page reference now, but it's eluding me.

ChaoticWeevil

• Newb
« Reply #42 on: <04-02-11/2008:06> »
You mean the page in the novel or its also mentioned in a source book?

Abstruse

« Reply #43 on: <04-02-11/2028:15> »
You mean the page in the novel or its also mentioned in a source book?
Sourcebook.  It's Augmentation, p13.  She's now the CEO of Info-Sante, the Ares-owned competitor for DocWagon.

Background: Theresa Montgomery was a BTL addict in the early 2050s who got hooked on 2XS and was dragged to a Yamatetsu (corp that became Evo) facility to implant her with a Wasp spirit.  At the same time, CrashCart was also snagging people for implantation, using the good merges to infiltrate pretty much everything they could.  So basically Cross decided when they wanted to start a DocWagon/CrashCart company, they'd put a friggin' BUG in charge who was originally attempted to be implanted by a hive that was trying to use EXACTLY THAT SORT OF COMPANY to spread.  And then ARES (the corporation that is known for dealing with bugs!!!) buys out the company and LEAVES HER IN PLACE!  Theresa was saved before the merge was complete, but she ended up going back and getting implanted (not sure if it was the same hive).  But she underwent months of treatment in between that would've shown up on even the most rudimentary background check.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #44 on: <04-02-11/2139:42> »
Considering some of the mutterings coming about Ares, it makes sense that she be left in place...

#ThisTaserGoesTo11