NEWS

The novels, which ones?

• 37 Replies

Critias

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
  • Company Elf
« Reply #30 on: <08-24-11/1828:48> »
As reinforcement to my earlier "cast a wide net on eBay, see what you can dredge up," advice?  I've just got to crow to someone about an auction I snagged and a box I just got in the mail.  I scored 32 Shadowrun novels for $27.  Even after shipping, I paid less than a buck apiece for 'em.  Even factoring in the handful that this gives me doubles of, I'm quite happy with the purchase.   ;D

Now, uhh, now I've just got to fit 'em on my bookshelves, which are already overflowing.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #31 on: <08-24-11/1849:57> »
Lucky bastich.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Gerafin

• Newb
« Reply #32 on: <08-24-11/2006:41> »
Aye, that was me you were bidding against, Critias. Leave the lot of 16 alone, mmk? That one's mine.

Critias

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
  • Company Elf
« Reply #33 on: <08-24-11/2037:35> »
Aye, that was me you were bidding against, Critias. Leave the lot of 16 alone, mmk? That one's mine.
Hahah, my bad!  Didn't mean to rob another forum regular.  ;)  And no worries, I'm not about to go bidding on any more.  32 did me just fine, with all the reading I've got to do for school this semester.

And for what it's worth, I never really "bid against" people, or try to one-up them purposefully.  I just find an auction, bid once (type in the amount I'm genuinely willing to spend), and then I leave it alone until I get a notification email.  So I wasn't out to snipe it away from you or anything like that, at any rate.  Just buying what I wanted to buy, for the amount I wanted to spend. 

Gerafin

• Newb
« Reply #34 on: <08-24-11/2054:39> »
Yeah, no worries. It was probably for the best because the 16-book one is more in line with what I can actually read, and I really shouldn't spend too much money at this point. So it was probably a good thing.

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #35 on: <08-24-11/2230:16> »
I was lucky enough to pick up a couple of lots a year or two ago...have the full set. :)

That being said, if there was a more aggressive plan to re-release these in electronic format...a lot more convenient to actually read on my Kindle.

AJC

« Last Edit: <08-25-11/0725:09> by AJCarrington »

Mystic

• Freelancer
  • Omae
  • Word Mercenary
« Reply #36 on: <08-25-11/0228:51> »
Ahhh, gotta love the classics. I just started reading Technobabel again. Not the best, but its the only one in my collection I havent re-read in the last few months.

Bringing chaos, mayhem, and occasionally cookies to the Sixth World since 2052!

"Just because it's easy for you doesn't mean it can't be hard on your clients"-Rule 38, The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries, Schlock Mercenary.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #37 on: <08-25-11/0251:46> »
If the collection comes out on E-Book format, I might honestly think about investing in an E-Book.  Until then, I'll support local industries and buy in DTF.

(Just checked my Shadowrun rulebooks again, "Printed in Canada" and "Printed in the USA" are nicely printed on them.  Only the Runner's Toolkit was Chinese, my SR4A LE was made in Tailand.).

Support your local industries and FLGS!
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11